Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Are you using a real tablespoon?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you using a real tablespoon?  (Read 49355 times)

mon.mon

Re: Are you using a real tablespoon?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 04:16:36 AM »

right
now I get it.
I'll buy the measure glass first and drink directly from it now..
because my spoon at home must be different.   I even have several kind of tbs and they all have different size..
It's odd

morrisondwm

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »

Brand new to SLD, just a couple of days really and then I stopped while I was waiting for the book to show up from B&N.  I really didn't enjoy the sensation of a mouthfull of oil, would using a medicine syringe defeat the purpose of 'tasting' the oil?  Or is the important part just getting the flavorless calories?  I'm talking about the 10ml needleless ones that you use to give babies liquid medications.  Thanks for your insight, I definitely noticed that AS the first day trying 2Tbsp am & pm!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 06:35:06 PM »

I don't see why it wouldn't work,
just remember that 1TBS = 15ml

So then to get 2TBS you would need 3 dropperfuls. (30ml)
and 4TBS would be 6 dropperfuls. (60ml)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

morrisondwm

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »

Thanks, Karky!
I appreciate the conversions too, I've never been good with them!  :)

morrisondwm

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 07:06:41 AM »

Well, syringe didn't work, at least not for me.  Somehow, it made me gag MUCH more!  It's not the flavor of the oil, it's the texture, I think.  I've started doing shots with a medicine cup that holds 1 Tbsp (3tsp) and that seems to be going much better.  I tried doing 4 quick shots once a day but, by the third or fourth shot, my gag reflex has kicked in.  Instead, I'm bookending, 2 Tbsp right before bed and 2 Tbsp right when I wake.  When the oil is cold and lumpy, it's much easier for me because it doesn't fill up my whole mouth.  Unfortunately, the whole bottle solidifies too quickly for me to always keep it in the fridge.  Has anyone tried solid, chilled Tbsp of oil?  Like a scoop of shortening?  Or would the calorie content be different due to expansion?

Benefits I've noticed so far:
1. AS kicked in right away!  I'm normally an emotional eater but, since I'm continually asking myself, "Am I really hungry?" because I'm checking to see if the oil is working, I've been able to ascertain if it's hunger or emotional.  Just that split second of self-awareness is enough to break the compulsion most of the time and, if it doesn't, I don't have the added guilt of 'blowing my diet', I just make a better choice next time!  AWESOME!

2.  I seem to be able to relax and fall asleep better at night.  Usually, it takes forever for me to release the tension in my legs and face and fall asleep.  Practically the first night, I just sunk right down into the mattress and relaxed into slumber.  I don't know if my body was missing nutrients or hydration but, there you go, better sleep!

3.  I'm drinking more water.  Not sure where this craving for water came from, usually I'm drinking soda all day.  Maybe my body wants to distribute or dilute the oil more quickly and is prompting me to hydrate it properly?  Hmmmm...

I'm not down to the calorie count my LoseIt.com app says I need to be at for 2lbs/week weight loss BUT I konw that I'm eating SIGNIFICANTLY less calories than I was so, there's bound to be a change soon!

Troublesome

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 07:51:38 AM »

Thank you, thank you!  My tablespoon measured exactly the same, if I filled it to the brim, which I don't for fear of spilling.  Thanks for the tip.  ALSO, I was just downing the oil.  Am I supposed to be adding it with water?  Thank you, guys!  There are a LOT of posts to read on the forums, and I hope to glean some great advise! 

Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (The Bible)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »

You don't have to add water to your oil if you don't want to,
but some find it easier to get it down the hatch with some water added.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

shovelqueen

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 08:21:31 AM »

Or take the oil like a shooter and chase down with water or sugar water. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

cyndi

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »

I'm using a 25ml pill bottle - one of those small brown plastic ones with the child proof cap that you get from the pharmacist.  Tbh, I don't find the "X tablespoons" advice very helpful; not all "tablespoons" are the same and then there's the issue of how much to fill it. 

maryinred

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »

How about one of those baby vitamin eyedrop kind of things?  I think they have measurements and that would be easy to use.

adventurer

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2012, 04:31:34 AM »

The measurement doesn't have to be perfect. Just do whatever measurement u want to lose however much u want. U just keep adjusting you personal dose. It's different for everyone, actually
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18