Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
The year in review

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The year in review  (Read 5244 times)

frenata

• mustela frenata
The year in review
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »

I passed my one-year SLD anniversary on the 18th of May. I was traveling at the time and didn't really mark it. As many of you know (because I will not stop talking about it), I had an unusually strong initial reaction, losing a pound a day for the first two weeks. After that, I slowed down considerably -- I settled probably somewhat below the average for this group.

Well, today is the very last day that initial big drop still appears on my FitDay year in review graph. After this, my chart won't look quite so dramatic. So I wanted to capture it for posterity (with annotations!):

After today, my first big mystery (hormonal) weight spike is going to be the tallest thing on the graph! I'm currently easing back down off my last spike and looking forward to seeing that new low territory again.

Halfway point after a year. Eh. I was hoping to get all the way home in a year, but every single ounce I lost is an ounce I never really believed I'd lose 13 months ago. And I'm still loving how this feels. So, hooray for the next year of SLD!
Running weight tally:

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
Re: The year in review
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »

Hey Frenata, your chart is inspirational in many ways:

For the fact that the trend is so clearly downward,

For all the wild roller-coasters along the way,

For the tenacity of staying on SLD for a year (and yes yes, I know you'd do it for all the other benefits alone)

If anyone deserves HERO status, you sure do Chook!  Happy SLD Birthday, you rascally 'ole Weasel you!  And Best Wishes that your next twelve months of SLD results will be as impressive as the first!

Cheers
M

lvivianka

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 08:26:40 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
you are an inspirational to us slow losers. may you and everyone on SLD slide downward :D

TalkingRat

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »

Thanks for capturing the graph before it disappeared.  Your spikes inspire the rest of us who get them, because you do fine ways to turn it around again. 

And hi to lvivianka,  you must be enjoying retirement but good to see you back again.

Jasmyn

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 03:45:37 PM »

Frenata you are such an inspiration to me! How do you make the weight graph? I would like to start one :)
Jas

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »

I use fitday to track calories, and they make the graph for you (if you put your weight in as it shifts). The annotations I did in Photoshop.

You figure, looking at that, about half the time on SLD, I've been *gaining* weight. If I didn't keep good records, I wouldn't realize I've actually done very well.
Running weight tally:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18