Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Update from Lacey's Shangri-La land

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update from Lacey's Shangri-La land  (Read 12734 times)

lwagnero

Update from Lacey's Shangri-La land
« on: May 22, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »

Update from Shangri-La land

Soooooooo. I had a lot of celebratory food this weekend, but even the trip to Houston's with my husband resulted in only 1/2 of a hamburger, 1 glass of wine, and about 5 French fries, an afterwards I felt STUFFED. I had another victory as well, I went to the anniversary sale at one my favorite boutiques, and they had all sorts of French macaroons, red velvet cup cakes, mini quiche, and champagne....i saw it, i thought about it for barely a second and then I said "nah, no thanks" .... This is a big deal for me, and much more than a minor victory, because I love fine food and I have never, ever, ever just said no and to not even taste anything.....Amazing.

Now this is entirely anecdotal, but this is truly the only time in my life that I have successfully cut my appetite without the help of stimulants. Protein is another good way of squelching your appetite, but too much protein makes my tummy hurt and I end up taking in a large amount of calories to get enough protein to make myself feel full.

The last subject I would like to touch on today is the topic of oils. I have been using organic canola oil, but today I was away from home and at a friends house. She was out of canola oil, and only had grapeseed oil so I took that instead, I won't go into the look of confusion and then horror on her face when I told her this was my new "diet" - don't worry she'll come around when she sees the results.....anywho, usually after taking the oil my appetite is squashed, but today after taking the grapeseed oil, I was ravenous while waiting my hour to eat. Maybe it's just today, maybe it's my hormones, I don't know, but I am curious to know if others are having greater success with one oil over another. Post your thoughts and comments on my blog http://exit-here.blogspot.com/  - thanks!

tekayla

Re: Update from Lacey's Shangri-La land
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:58:33 PM »

I bought grapeseed oil today because my ELOO was almost empty and now I am not sure I want to try it. Are there many people using it in place of the ELOO???

KAYLA
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe

Denise

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:17:23 PM »

Grapeseed for some reason started causing a gag reflex for me, but did stop the appetite completely.  I've switched to canola.  So far ELOO and grapeseed have worked just fine.

Hormones can really mess things up.

believer

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 10:36:41 PM »

I'm using grapeseed and it works for me. I've four types of oil at the moment: olive oil (I think it's ELOO), soy oil, grapeseed oil, rice oil. I think that the more tasteless is grapeseed oil. But all the oils work very well. I don't remember what is hunger!

I use so many types of oil, because I think it's better to diversify fats and food in general.

catwoman

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 02:42:57 AM »

Grapeseed oil user here.  Works well.  Is the most tasteless to me.  No difference in effect. 

I'll wager you are having a hormonal spike.

tekayla

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:55:27 AM »

Thanks guys!!

I will try the grapeseed oil today in place of my ELOO and let you know if there are any changes.

On the emotional aspect of eating, I had a very stressful day yesterday, fight with hubby kids wouldn't behave just a bad day in general. If that didn't send me running to the Doritos or Oreos nothing would. I am happy to report instead I had a soak in a bubble bath and all was well with the world!! I felt totally in control such a blessing it still amazes me as I write about it.

Have a good one, Kayla

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18