Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Know anyone that started SLD and gave up even though

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Know anyone that started SLD and gave up even though  (Read 6466 times)

Miller

• Our Lips are SLD blog
Know anyone that started SLD and gave up even though
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »

they were losing weight?

I can understand quitting if you are not seeing results.

I just wonder if anyone has known, or if they themselves, gave up on the diet even though they were seeing or feeling results.

Melissa

Re: Know anyone that started SLD and gave up even though
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 12:28:21 PM »

I will say that I slowed down after a few weeks.  Partially because I stopped losing (but I just found out my thyroid is low) and partially because I was getting sick of the nauseating oil.  I would just dread taking it.  I am back taking it though, because I know this works.

raina

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 07:17:33 PM »

Someone named Ann (but not Ann H) stopped because she was feeling unpleasant mental effects from taking the sugar water even though she was losing weight.  I believe she runs the "oh for the love of God" blog linked to on Seth's blog, if you'd like to read what she said.

ninar

• Nina's SLD blog
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:48:07 AM »

My cousin and her mother gave it up.  They both were losing weight, loved the fact that they weren't snacking, but both said the oil made them constipated.

My cousin might go back to it.  Right now she's doing the Master Cleanser fast.

suz slu

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:41:15 PM »

CONSTIPATED???!!! YIKES!!! How can that be w/ all the OIL???!!!!

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 09:49:46 PM »

yes, constipation is hard to believe. olive oil is used as a laxative in Italy.

julienuce

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 02:24:07 PM »

Actually I too have suffered from constipation off and on with SLD. Maybe it's the canola oil. I never mentioned it before because everyone else wrote about the runs. I have always only taken canola oil, and at times it has been terribly constipating, but after 6 weeks my body has regulated it, and all is smooth and flowing..sorry
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmlN6bV/]

[/url]

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 02:30:31 PM »

Stink Ape and I have had the same experience with constipation. I added fiber to my morning oil routine; he decided to see what his body was telling him and it turned out he was moving to a different digestive pattern, not truly constipated. We use canola.

falconcy

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »

I'm actually amazed at the lack of constipation, and that's on the sugar water and not oil. If anything, I've been even more regular, albeit in smaller amounts.

Today I ate around 1000 cals, which amounts to a pretty strict diet, done that kind of thing in the past and could not stick with it because of hunger. The really amazing thing is that I am not even hungry, in fact I believe that I could even manage to eat less. It might not sound too amazing, but at ~300 lbs, doesn't that sound a lot better in kg  ...only about 130 of those ;-) then I think just how amazing it really is.

The "acid test" is tomorrow, we're doing Father's Day a day late to enable all the kids to be there, it'll be a BBQ in the evening. I already have some pork marinating in red wine with garlic and coriander seeds (I think you call coriander ciltrano across the pond) The upside is that we will simply help ourselves, so a little of everything will be an easy way to eat enough and not go overboard.

falconcy

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18