Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
have any women actually lost with SW?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: have any women actually lost with SW?  (Read 11364 times)

ONO

have any women actually lost with SW?
« on: May 25, 2007, 11:26:08 AM »

I'm hearing it may be harder for women to lose with sugar water - have any woman actually lost weight drinking it? Or are women getting better results if they use the olive oil alone?

katmom

• SLD Start around 5/26/07
Re: have any women actually lost with SW?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 10:51:59 AM »

I have pretty good appetite suppression with SW, and that is the primary goal. I have been reading a lot of posts on what type of oil to try, but I have a HUGE food aversion to most oils due to a bad experience with castor oil and whiskey that a friend's midwife recommended to try to shake my overdue son out of the womb. (supposed to get labor going!) I am also extremely sensitive to oil rancidity and can detect it in most bottled oils.

I think your body reaches a point where it takes a bit longer to start losing weight due to aging or hormonal changes or something. (A new research study topic!) I lose weight so much more slowly compared to twentys' and thirty's decades. I like the post on sticking with one method for at least a week, to see if it works, but recommend that we may have to try it for 2 weeks instead.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:21:04 AM »

My meek results were obtained with SW and CFF. Oil didn't work for me.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

TalkingRat

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 08:46:44 PM »

katmom, I get the faint sense of rancidity in just about all oils, too.  Nobody else thinks they are rancid, and it's not strong like when something really is rancid.  It even happened with my organic coconut oil that I use externally, it had a nice coconut smell when it was solid.  Coconut oil is supposed to be very stable, but when it melted from the first hot day, the coconut smell was replaced by a faint rancid smell.  Yuk, I want my coconut smell back!

katmom

• SLD Start around 5/26/07
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 05:44:16 AM »

I just bought some Walnut Oil (Spectrum) and was really surprised that it seems really truly flavorless to me. Going to start on SW/oil combo this week just to see if I get better AS without having to plan SW/bathroom access time! I have also come across rancid coconut oil, really pisses me off to spend money on something like that. I have gotten pretty good at returning products right after opening them, most stores will just take it back without questioning my nose/sense of taste.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

TalkingRat

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 06:57:44 AM »

The good coconut smell returned.  The weather turned cold, it solidified, and now it smells like coconut again.   :D

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 02:18:41 PM »

Talking rat, is it you too who has had great success on CO?

TalkingRat

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 02:55:59 PM »

Not at all, Magpie.  I think that was Losing-it?   CO was a complete failure for me, it made me hungry, as does the smell of microwaved palm oil.  A noseclipped flavored oil may work at first for me, but only for a week or so.  I was using Spectrum refined CO, which I could not taste, and plugged my nose for good measure.  It does have a very distinctive mouth feel.  Same thing happened with my EVOO experiment, it worked for a week and then failed.  With EVOO, I mixed it in enough water that I felt no burn, and was careful never to smell it.

So, as far as SLD success, I get nervous whenever people start out with flavored oils, on the chance that they happen to be super sensors.  I would not say I have a particularly acute sense of smell or taste, but I think I sense flavor in the soft tissues of my mouth and deep in the sinus cavities.  I think those of us with stubborn setpoints, who do ok for a few weeks and then AS disappears, well that's because we find another way to associate calories.  We may think there's no discernible smell, but bodies have a way of finding out our little secret.   But I do smell ELOO, so maybe  I do have an unusual sense of smell; nobody else has talked about the fragrance of crushed olive leaves.

The CO I'm talking about here was the flavored stuff, I got it for external use, and like the smell when it's solid. 

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 04:58:50 PM »

Oh OK, thanks for that.  I'm giving CO a try and finding it easier to take than the ELOO, less 'oily' - my top lip was starting to curl at the mere thought of the next ELOO dose! I'll go back to ELOO if I have to but I'm going to give CO a decent try - I know somebody here had good results with it.  The smell of CO IS yummy - I make sure I nose clip before I even get near it. I'll check Losing-it's posts when I get a chance. Thanks.

K-Mac

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 08:34:46 AM »

I just started CO last week to try to help get me off my plateau and it seems to be working.  Good AS even through PMS and I've lost four pounds since a week ago last Monday.  Yea!!!  Bye bye plateau!   :)

sophianicole

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 08:39:11 AM »

I also like coconut oil...just for it's own sake and everything it does for the body...especially helping keep candida levels down and stimulating thyroid and burning fat

4 years ago when I was a size 5, I ate 3-4 tbslp of coconut oil everyday  :o

so I know( at least in my own experience) it didin't interfere with maintaining a good weight or losing weight!  :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18