Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Oh my gosh, I had to weigh myself!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh my gosh, I had to weigh myself!!!  (Read 11683 times)

Terri

Oh my gosh, I had to weigh myself!!!
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »

Arghhhhhhhh! I had to weigh myself last night. I was trying to "weight" till June 1st but needed to do it for First For Woman, the magazine that is going to possibly feature SLD. So, I got on the scale after hemming and hawing. It was traumatic.  :shock: It has been a long time since I have weighed myself. So was I shocked? Yes!!! I didn't think I weighed as much as I do because my clothes are fitting so much better than even when I weighed less!!! Does that make any sense at all?? It is obvious to me that I have built some lean body mass (muscle weighs more than fat) along the way with my weight loss. I am very happy about the way I am looking at this point so that matters a lot more to me than the actual number on the scale. Believe me, it will now be September 1st the next time I weigh!! 
Terri

lynnie

• Squeeze the day
Re: Oh my gosh, I had to weigh myself!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 04:14:08 AM »

I hate scales too . But if you like the way you look and your clothes are comfortable who cares what the numbers say. You have been such an inspiration to so many of us .  Do'nt look back
[i

losing-it

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:04:55 AM »

You're doing great, Terri, and pay no attention to those scale numbers. The truth and the proof is in your figure, your clothing size and how those clothes fit. I weigh more than I thought I would at this point due to scale plateaus, and I record the weight every day. But my size changes, clothes and figure are teilling me there is a HUGE change slimward. Sure, there is still work to be done. Sure, the scale-weight plateaus are annoying. But I know you and I are both LOSING-IT, TERRI!  :lol:

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:09:31 AM »

Terri, my grandaughter only weighs 5 lbs less than I do, she's only an inch taller, and wears a size 6! She's a cheerleader, baseball player, etc. She is so slim and so solid. Don't worry about that scale! (and never, never weigh at night!)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 10:21:42 AM »

(and never, never weigh at night!)

Yes, never officially weigh at night!  Just because I was curious, I have been weighing myself right before bed, just to see what the difference was between night time and waking up.
Average is around 3-4 lbs more at night than in the morning.  I know I am not peeing all that out when I wake up, so where does it go? LOL
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »

karky, you're peeing some of it out in the morning.  The rest leaves with each exhale at night.  It's hard to believe that much water goes out via breath, but it's true.

T-Vix

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 10:30:48 AM »

I knew I was a heavy breather but geez!!
<snickers>
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »

Don't tell my husband that I can lose weight with heavy breathing! :D

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:Good one, and we won't tell..

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 01:40:06 PM »

BF is always trying to get me to lose weight that way.  Doesn't seem to work that well!   :lol:

T-Vix

Terri

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 10:28:17 PM »

Now I am laughing and I thank you all for your wonderful words of wisdom. Yes Losing-It we are losing it! And I know I weigh less in the morning.  But really after I weighed myself, I felt fat and I thought I looked fat!! Isn't it weird what our minds can do to sabatoge our self esteem? I think I just need to stay away from the scale. My jeans felt looser today so that helped.
But we are going away for the 3 day weekend and I know we will be indulging in rich foods. But really, I think I will do ok. Tongiht we went for dinner at Cheescake Factory and I had chicken and asparagus and cancelled the mashed potatoes and didn't have any cheesecake. Major accomplishment for me. So if I can do that this weekend, I will be so happy. Maybe a couple desserts and that will still be ok.
Thanks again everyone so much for all your encouragement. You are the best!
Terri

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 04:27:41 AM »

It's amazing how much power a number has over us and how it can affect our mental image of ourselves.  I feel pretty good when I put on clothes I bought last summer and they are a little loose.  I get on the scale and then I feel horrible because it hasn't budged much.

Nothing to wear

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »

That is the trouble with scales! It sounds like your clothes are fitting better and you're noticeing results so that is the part that matters. Building muscle is good, it will help you burn more fat.

I don't weigh myself or do the BMI thing because my build is fairy solid. Even when I am my goal size i weigh much more than anyone would guess.

--Sarah
what I'm wearing (6/07): large burqa-like skirts and t-shirts

Goal outfit: (hope to fit in these by 10/15/07) old favorite pair of size () jeans and favorite blue sweater with irridescent beads at collar and cuffs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18