Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Jasmyn's Journal

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: Jasmyn's Journal  (Read 301228 times)

Jasmyn

Jasmyn's Journal
« on: May 18, 2007, 04:34:20 AM »

Hi everyone,
I read the Shangri-La book in February. I had modest success with drinking 3 tablespoons sugar in water twice a day and 1 tablespoon oil once a day.

This week, I started taking just the oil. I finally found out what appetite supression is all about! WOW WOW WOW. I can't believe this. It's like taking diet pills, only I feel great! Example: Yesterday afternoon I wanted a yogurt for a snack. I l only could eat 5 or 6 spoonfuls before I was full. This morning - Raisin Bran for breakfast. I poured a little in the bowl, and there is still at least half left over that I can't finish. 

Now I am taking 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil in the late morning and 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil holding my nose in the early evening.

This is amazing.
Jasmyn

Maychi

Re: Jasmyn's Journal
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 04:50:38 AM »

Wow, Yasmin, that's impressive results!!! There's absolutely no doubt that you'll reach your goal now. It's an inspiration to us all. And yes, when you finally get proper AS, it's a wonderful feeling. Enjoy! And tell us when you get to your goal. We'll all have a spoonful of oil to celebrate :D!

Clarinette

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:48:04 AM »

Jasmyn,

Welcome back to Shangri La and enjoy. It is fun when it work. When we see the weight go down it is so encouraging.
Good luck :)

Jasmyn

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »

Thanks, Clarinette and Maychi for the warm welcome :)
You guys, usually I have a HUGE appetite, so this is really cool.

Today was just like yesterday with the appetite supression.  I am wondering if it will last. Or if it will be some days and not others.  Today I was just not very hungry. I poured a bowl of Raisin Bran. I only ate a few spoonfuls. For lunch I usually have salad but I just didn't feel like eating all those leaves! I bought a bowl of clam chowder and again, didn't finish it. This is totally not like me.

I used to take Phentermine. In the beginning I got appetite supression just like this. The only difference is that stuff was lethal for me.

This morning's exercise: 5 minutes yoga, 45 minutes Kendal Hogan's Body Sculpt, 5 minutes yoga. Wheeew I am going to have sore muscles tomorrow!

Jasmyn

losing-it

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 06:44:36 AM »

You're doing great Jasmyn. Goin' down, girl. I'm glad to hear it's working for you. Exercise can put on a few pounds of water weight and muscle weight. If it does, remember it is just fluid being retained by beautiful and growing muscle which is displacing the lighter-weighted, but fluffier fat -- and don't let it discourgage you. Keep on keepin' on.

Jasmyn

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 03:28:38 AM »

I wonder how long appetite suppression will last? Will it be on and off or all the time? On Saturday I forgot to take my second dose of oil, and I thought I would be fine. What a surprise! My appetite came right back with a vengeance. As soon as I started taking the oil again my appetite was suppressed. I would say my appetite is about half of what it was. And when I was "dieting" and not losing weight, I was eating a lot of salads. Now I have no taste for salad at all. I am eating anything I want, just very small portions.
Will the appetite suppression last?

Jasmyn

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 08:21:44 AM »

Great going Jasmyn, yes the AS will last, it just changes a little over time, anyway that's what happened for me.  Some days it is super, other days am a little hungrier, but nothing like before SLD.  You are right about this being almost the same effect as those old diet pills, however this is something you can do on a long term basis, without adverse health problems. 
Way to go, and keep on drinking the oil! 
Lana

losing-it

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:06:05 AM »

Good for you, Jasmyn~ it's always great to enjoy each other's progress when it's happening!

Jasmyn

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 04:12:38 AM »

Thanks you guys. So you can do the oil on a long term basis? I wonder how long is the longest it has been done? I noticed yesterday for the first time my appetite was not that suppressed as it was before. I still was a little more down on the scale, 155.2, so I won't worry about it. Just trying to eat as healthy as possible.
Jas

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »

I think if you reach your set point, your body tries to make you eat by making you feel hungry.
If you resist, then the set point will drop.
I have been eating spicy pickles to kill the hungries, not a lot of calories.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Jasmyn

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »

Thanks Karky! The pickles sound like a good idea. I like to munch on fresh pickling cucumbers. The produce store near where I live in Chicago has them all year round. So far so good. I still have appetite suppression. This morning I broke 155, I was 154.8 :)
Jas

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 05:15:06 PM »

Great going Jamyn, you met your mini goal with time to spare,,,

Jasmyn

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 04:14:46 AM »

Seth is a genius!!! This is amazing!!! I am down to 154.2 today, 2 more pounds down this week. I never dreamed losing weight could be this easy.

Jas

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »

Righteo Jasmyn, shall we count on you for a big $ contribution when the Seth Roberts Hero Statue project gets underway?  :lol:.  Congratulations on your great success.  It's really good to see you doing so well - sounds like you'll get to your goal weight soon!

Jasmyn

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »

I ran out of extra light olive oil, so I have been taking regular extra virgin olive oil and "putting a bubble in my nose" so I don't smell it. All the oil is starting to taste rancid and disgusting. The flaxseed oil I take once a day tastes not as bad but that stuff is expensive as all get out!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18