Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
mamamilk's progress...

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: mamamilk's progress...  (Read 3074 times)

mamamilk

mamamilk's progress...
« on: May 21, 2006, 08:49:27 PM »

i want to try this out but i have yet to get the book..so i have a few questions about getting started..

firstly im breastfeeding my 6 month old and as far as i have read this is "diet" totally fine to do while breastfeeding, buti f you know otherwise please let me know!

also.. how much oil shoud i take? im not so into the sugar water idea..mostly because i dont think white sugar is healthy and dont keep it in my house.. would honey work?

im 5'8 and just over 200 lbs.. i work out 3 times a week at curves, but exercise doesnt seem to do much for me..
im young and really want to be in good shape for the rest of my life. this seems too good to be true..

any other starting tips?

F
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:35:08 PM by mamamilk »
young momma to 2 amazing kids. E~ 3 and N~ 6 months..

Denise

Re: getting started..some questions...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 10:22:44 PM »

Do oil and not sugar, and it shouldn't affect the breastfeeding at all, unless you lose your appetite so much that you're not getting enough nutrition for the baby.

mamamilk

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:26:04 AM »

DAY 1

i took some oil (2 TBSP) in a glass of cold water at 9:15..it went down fine.  all i have right now is organic sunflower oil, so thats what i took but im going to get some EVOO and some grapeseed oil and take them alternating..evo in the am and GSO in the evening one day..switch it up the next.

QUESTION: do i now wait 2 hours before i eat? im a bit confused about how long before and after i can take the oil. my understanding is you have to wait 2 hours before and after.. is that right?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:38:41 AM by mamamilk »

jzkc

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:54:07 AM »

Probably just a typo, but just to make sure:  you need ELOO, not EVOO.  In other words, extra light, not extra virgin.  And the timing for no flavors is only one hour instead of two.  You have probably been reading about a two-hour window, that is, one hour before and one hour after the oil or SW, making a total of two hours between flavors.  Hope this helps  :)

mamamilk

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:26:47 AM »

i meant ELOO.. that was a typo thanks :) and thanks for the timing info..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:10:18 PM by mamamilk »

mamamilk

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:18:07 PM »

im just about to take my evening dose of oil. im going to take grapeseed oil tonight.

today i definitly felt less hungry than usual. i was in the house all day and normally i would snack snack snack.. today i ate a small breakfast an hour or two after the oil - a few chunks of canned pineapple.. a glass of organic skim milk with organic whey protein powder and about an hour later a piece of my partners homemade cornbread with a small piece of cheese.. i wasn't hungry till after 2:00 when i had another small piece of cornbread plain.. its 8:00pm. i made a huge big dinner and ate at about 7:00.. organic chicken rosated veggies and just had one small slice of breast meat and a few veggies and was STUFFED. normally i would eat another serving and then still want to pick at stuff.. the food is still on the counter and i have absolutely no want to eat it. and my stomach feels very warm and full even when i havn't eaten for a few hours..

ive set my ticker for days rather than pounds because i want to just focus on doing this for a month and seeing where im at. i want to lose weight but i dont want to obsess about every pound...if that makes sense.

F

Denise

Re: DAY 1
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 09:18:53 PM »

Do you have the book?

mamamilk

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:54:09 PM »

im getting it tomorow. i just couldnt wait to start.

Denise

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 10:43:31 PM »

Ok.  It's not two hours.  It's one hour before, then drink, then one hour after.  So two total.

mamamilk

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 11:28:11 PM »

i got that, thanks  :)

so i took the grapeseed oil and i started to feel really queezy. i waited the alloted hour but then i had to eat something, not so much because i was hungry but because i thoufht i was going to throw up. i ate a few bites of white chicken left over from dinner and feel a lot better. the churning belly has mostly stopped. i wonder if it was from having an empty stomach or from taking the GS oil.. i didnt feel this way from the sunflower oil. i think ill definitly get some eloo tomorow.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:32:21 PM by mamamilk »

Blueberri

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 06:50:46 AM »

(To note -- yes, drinking sugar water seems totally counterintuitive -- but I've gotta say, much to my chagrin, I personally do seem to get better results  (more appetite suppression) when I incorporate some sugar water, vs oil only.....)

mamamilk

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 09:22:57 AM »

thanks for the tip :) maybe ill take a glassof SW at mid day..

took my morning dose of oil.. SFO. dont even feel hungry ad my baby nursed all night and usually im ravenous when i wake up!!

mamamilk

Re: mamamilk's progress...
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 10:40:39 PM »

so its the end of day 2.. i havnt taken the PM oil because i dont feel hungry at all.. wondering if i should anyways...any suggestions? is it better to keep taking it even though you dont feel the need.. or just take it when you do feel like you are hungry for no good reason.

i took a dose of sugarwater in the afternoon because i wanted to see if it would have any effect. i ate a small dinner and a piece of fruit a few hours later. no cravings for sweets.. no snacking or picking at leftover... i have way less appetite than usual.. but im still thinking its all in my mind.

something else on my mind..

i can see this easily turning into a starvation diet for lots of people and that worries me. i have to focus on eating well and healthy because im 100% nourishing my new baby. im also taking a B complex and vit C (just started a few days ago) and i feel almost speedy the last few days. i feel way more energetic and lighter..when i have fasted in the past  ive felt so good, even uphoric(sp)  and it scares me that ill just forget to eat because it feels good not to. does that make any sense?  im very tired..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:42:16 PM by mamamilk »

Denise

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 11:29:12 PM »

I only take one oil dose a day.

Don't worry about other people.  Seriously, their lives are in their hands.  You're not responsible and you give yourself and Seth way too much credit if you think otherwise.  If you're worried about this because of you, don't do it until you're done breastfeeding.

mamamilk

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 10:48:42 AM »

i think i just have to remember to eat well even if im not super hungry. i guess its just getting used to a new way of thinking and feeling about food :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18