Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
irondawn's (LaneR) Progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: irondawn's (LaneR) Progress  (Read 30429 times)

irondawn

irondawn's (LaneR) Progress
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:49:30 PM »

I originally read the book from reading a blog called Creating Passionate Users, and started the procedure.  For many reasons, I think it didn't work and I left it behind.  I tried blogging about it on LJ as well.  I might just try to do that again.

5.7.07 - 188 (2 tbsp ELOO a day)
5.10.07 - 187.5
5.15.07 - 189
5.17.07 - 190
5.18.07 - 190 (changed to SW because of oily skin)
5.23.07 - off EVERYTHING
5.29.07 - 187.5, started master cleanse

Waist - 36"
Chest - 41.5"
Underbust - 35.1"
Arm - 13"
Thigh - 27"
Hip - 44.5"

5.30.07 - 186
5.31.07 - 183.5
6.01.07 - 182.5
6.02.07 - 181
6.03.07 - 180
6.04.07 - 178.5
6.05.07 - 178.5
6.06.07 - 177.5
6.07.07 - 177.5 (went off Master Cleanse, no oil, just weaning back to food)

Waist - 35"
Arm - 12"
Thigh - 25"
Hip - 43"

Lost around one inch in all those places.

6.11.07 - 180.5 (fully back to food, extremely low dairy and meat, starting ELOO)
6.18.07 - 181.5 (still low dairy and meat, sporadic ELOO...trying to get back into the HABIT, gearing up for TOM)
6.22.07 - 179.5 (not sure where this drop came from)
6.26.07 - 182.0 (restarted ELOO at 1tbsp...TOM is somewhat elusive - hasn't arrived yet, even though my body is showing signs.[insert spooky music here])
6.29.07 - 180.0 (still forgetting ELOO)
7.2.07 - 182.0 (still no real TOM.  A bit concerned.  Going to stop drinking alcohol till I get it....just in case.)

(updated to follow my handle instead of my real name - just because it appears that's what everyone does.)
(updated again to actually show tracking data)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:42:37 AM by irondawn »
Gluten-free, mostly organic

"Absolutely nothing tastes as good as fit feels."

frenata

• mustela frenata
Re: LaneR's Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:57:35 PM »

I hope this will, too. Let us know how you get on; we're data junkies.

Welcome, and good luck!
Running weight tally:

irondawn

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:13:04 PM »

Thanks.  Sounds like I'll be a good match - I really love data as well.

Right now, I'm craving guacamole and tortilla chips.  In an effort to not visit the snack store at work, I'm having a cup of tea with some honey. 

Oh, I also drink kombucha, and make my own - which is a probiotic that is supposed to help with weightloss (and nearly everything else) as well.  I have to say, it does give me extra pep in a day.

losing-it

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:14:37 PM »

Thanks.  Sounds like I'll be a good match - I really love data as well.

Right now, I'm craving guacamole and tortilla chips.  In an effort to not visit the snack store at work, I'm having a cup of tea with some honey. 

Oh, I also drink kombucha, and make my own - which is a probiotic that is supposed to help with weightloss (and nearly everything else) as well.  I have to say, it does give me extra pep in a day.

Hi irondawn - Cheetos does make a yummy "All Natural" Cheetos (White Cheddar is yummy) http://www.reallynatural.com/archives/cheetos_natural_white_cheddar.php
Guacamole is good for you in limited quantities. I like using salsa for having intense flavor on things since SLD can make you crave intense flavors.

I brew my own dairy kefir, and was brewing my own kombucha, too until recently - I got lazy. Love both beverages, but think I like the kefir most, now. Kombucha is sooo much better than drinking soft drinks, but has the sweetness and at least enough carbonation -- I find adding slices of ginger, it gets even fizzier. I was at Whole Foods Market today with my granddaughter, and we had lunch there. That's where we discovered Kombucha last year - G.T. Dave's Gingerberry. First taste, we didn't much care for it, the ginger-fizzies were so wild tasting, but by the time we'd finished the bottle, about 1/2 hour later, we were both hooked badly. And had to go back the next week for more. So I bought a culture on eBay and multiplied it 20 fold over the months of brewing. I had to throw away a lot of scobies recently, just had too many. Kombucha and kefir haven't seemed to help me with weight loss. But they sure are good-tasting and healty. And, they have repopulated my gut bacteria during and after rounds of antibiotic for a nasty ear infection I had for many months last summer.

falconcy

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 03:25:25 PM »

Make your own guacamole, just get some avocado, mash it up and add some spices (chili, garlic and cumin powder spring to mind) finely chopped onion and if you like it spicy, add some finely chopped chili pepper. If you want sour cream in it, there are options according to what you prefer from a diet angle, Atkinsites might like the full fat sour cream, others may prefer fat free or skip it entirely.

For tortilla chips, get a wholewheat tortilla, cut it up and toast to the required level of doneness.

Et voila, bon appetit  8)

Vronnie

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 04:46:50 PM »

hi irondawn, welcome. Is that your baby? Very cute!

irondawn

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 06:36:49 AM »

I brew my own dairy kefir, and was brewing my own kombucha, too until recently - I got lazy. Love both beverages, but think I like the kefir most, now. Kombucha is sooo much better than drinking soft drinks, but has the sweetness and at least enough carbonation -- I find adding slices of ginger, it gets even fizzier. I was at Whole Foods Market today with my granddaughter, and we had lunch there. That's where we discovered Kombucha last year - G.T. Dave's Gingerberry. First taste, we didn't much care for it, the ginger-fizzies were so wild tasting, but by the time we'd finished the bottle, about 1/2 hour later, we were both hooked badly. And had to go back the next week for more. So I bought a culture on eBay and multiplied it 20 fold over the months of brewing. I had to throw away a lot of scobies recently, just had too many. Kombucha and kefir haven't seemed to help me with weight loss. But they sure are good-tasting and healty. And, they have repopulated my gut bacteria during and after rounds of antibiotic for a nasty ear infection I had for many months last summer.

I put ginger in mine as well, and try different teas.  I've not seen any weight loss on it either, but that's not entirely why I drink it.  It IS addictive.  Just the perfect amount of pep for a day and not made of chemicals like soda is.  Gingerberry and Trilogy are my fav!  Glad to see another GT/Kombucha fan!

irondawn

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 06:39:49 AM »

Make your own guacamole, just get some avocado, mash it up and add some spices (chili, garlic and cumin powder spring to mind) finely chopped onion and if you like it spicy, add some finely chopped chili pepper. If you want sour cream in it, there are options according to what you prefer from a diet angle, Atkinsites might like the full fat sour cream, others may prefer fat free or skip it entirely.

For tortilla chips, get a wholewheat tortilla, cut it up and toast to the required level of doneness.

Et voila, bon appetit  8)

We went to Mexican restaurant near us that serves very fresh food and I had guacamole, tortilla chips and Tortilla soup (has chicken and rice in it as well).  Very filling.  Unfortunately, I cannot have wheat - I'm allergic and intolerant to the gluten.  So tortilla chips (usually Garden of Eatin' no-salt blues) are sort of a staple in my life these days. 

I've never made my own guacamole.  I should try it.  I'll eat avocado right out of the skin, with a little salt.  Not sure it would last long enough in my hands to become guacamole!  Thanks for the suggestions, though.  I think I will try to make some this weekend.

irondawn

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 06:40:41 AM »

hi irondawn, welcome. Is that your baby? Very cute!

Not my baby, unfortunately.  My niece.  I'm hoping to have kids next year or so...and I want to try and get in shape before that!  Nothing like being healthy for having healthy kids. 

irondawn

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 06:52:11 AM »

Progress, 5/10/07

I've been having difficulty getting to the gym this week, which seems to fit nicely in with restarting this program.  [insert sarcasm here]  I'm hoping that I can get back on track somewhat this weekend, and at least get some bellydancing and weight training in.

Last night after leaving work, I had Mexican and decided that instead of an entree, I'd have chips, guacamole, and a bowl of soup.  Oh, and a margarita.   :D  Boy was I full.  Later that night, I took two tbsp of oil before bed.  So, in total, I had 4 tbsp yesterday.

This morning, weighed 187.5.  Normal fluctuations, I'm sure.  I have not had any oil yet this morning, and my schedule will probably be odd today.  I probably won't get an opportunity to take it at 10am because I will be having a meeting (where I need caffeine and flavor to keep me awake).  So I probably will be having 2 tbsp around 2pm, and then 2 more late at night - going to the ballet tonight, and then to a party.

Do you find that you have to take it always at the same time, or that you can vary when you take it?

Also, I have some traveling coming up, to Canada.  I probably won't have access to a grocery store with ELOO since I won't have a car, and Kensington Market will be the closest stores (which means, small grocery stores with limited selection).  My question is - how you bring it with?  I did that on a business trip once and the oil seeped out into my clothing, ruining a bunch of my clothes. 

Obviously, I don't think I've hit AS yet, although I do feel somewhat full after my breakfast (gluten-free cereal, milk, slice of cheese, slice of sausage). 

Any and all thoughts are welcome!!

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 09:52:26 AM »

I varied when I took it quite a bit at first, and still had excellent results. I eventually found a most convenient timing and stuck to that.

I've been afraid to travel with the oil, though. So far, I've bought a bottle when I got there.  If I had to, though, I'd dole out just enough for my trip, and put it in a ziploc.
Running weight tally:

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 12:57:42 PM »

Also, I have some traveling coming up, to Canada.  I probably won't have access to a grocery store with ELOO since I won't have a car, and Kensington Market will be the closest stores (which means, small grocery stores with limited selection).  My question is - how you bring it with?  I did that on a business trip once and the oil seeped out into my clothing, ruining a bunch of my clothes. 

How did you package the oil that time?  My 2 cents - put the oil in a plastic bottle and sqeeze out a bit of the air before you seal it to accomodate the change in air pressure on the plane, and then double , or even tripple bag bag the bottle. The zip lock bags are good. Should do the trick.

Lucky you, I just love Kensington Markets!  Little bakery on one of the east/west streets has the best butter tarts ever!!

irondawn

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 07:34:54 AM »

Well, only had 2 tbsp of ELOO yesterday.  Mainly because I went to the ballet last night and didn't get home till midnight, and I'd had one last piece of fruit at the reception at around 11:45.  So I wasn't about to wait for another hour to take oil before bed.

But dinner last night was some cheese curds and popcorn.  Didn't have time for anything more, and frankly - didn't miss it.  In fact, I think I ate all the cheese curds just because they were there, not because I really wanted them.  And the squeek.  There's something so fun about eating squeeky cheese (ok, I can't help it, I'm living proof of the stereotypes of Wisconsin).

This morning I didn't really have time to get breakfast at home, so I ended up getting a banana and a hard boiled egg at work.  And some tea.  I don't feel hungry, but I do have to say that I want to eat.  I can tell that I'm not actually NEEDing food, but I'm wanting something to munch on or somethings weird like that.  I'm going to go fill my water bottle and drink that for a while to try and kill it. 

I've also been reading some of the forums and found the posts on no-calorie Flavors and how that is working for people.  I think the kombucha would probably be really really good for this - it's low calorie, and intense flavors.  But...I'm trying to not psyche myself out about it and totally switch to that because I want to give ELOO a good try.  But I also have some goal dates I really want to be at least a little smaller for...so I think I will be crushed if ELOO doesn't work, which sounds like I'm setting myself up for failure.

Another question - how do you count your two hour window?  From the moment of ingestion, or from the lack of flavor.  For example, I finished my strong Earl Grey tea at 9:22 this morning.   To me, that means that at 10:30, I could have two tbsp of ELOO and be well set for lunch.  However...it is 9:35 and I can still taste that Earl Grey on my tongue.  And sometimes, lunch's flavors are very active and last with me a long time.  It makes me wonder if my calories are being associated with those lingering flavors.

Thoughts?

irondawn

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 11:47:43 AM »

Update - Didn't take tbsps in the morning, but just took 2 now.  So 2 more later tonight.

losing-it

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »

LaneR, you can swish with salt water after eating to remove residual flavors.

Some here drink sole, a solution made with sea salt and pure water. If you make and like sole, you could use swish some of it.

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=2167.msg40445#msg40445
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18