Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I passed my goal!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I passed my goal!  (Read 60710 times)

fitnessfreak

Re: I passed my goal!
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2007, 09:05:39 AM »

Hi Flickad -

I congratulate you. 1000 calories a day? That's crazy. What did you eat in a normal day and how often? Just curious. I am especially interested in your progress because I too am 5' 3". I finally got down to 133 and have stalled there for weeks now. I'm up and back down to 133 constantly. I keep being patient and now I am 133 right before TOM so I'm sure I'll finally lose another pound or two. My body is notically smaller too.

I know what you mean about the heighth thing. It's so difficult. I swear that I don't think I'll be happy until 112-118 / but if I make it into the 120's it will be a miracle! I haven't been in the 130's and so low in the 130'3 for 10 years. During those 10 years I worked my bottom off to lose every pound and inch. So the oil is a super nice break.

Also, it's so strange but I can jump trampoline for 10 minutes and get super hungry. I don't know what it is???? I have opted to work out much less these days, fitness freak that I am. My working out will be for health rather than weight loss and I'm looking forward to those days.

Well, I hope I don't have to drop to 1,000 calories a day because I probably just won't do that. I love to eat too much - even on the oil. I just grossly overeat anymore.

I have one question. Did you have plateaus and if so, how long did they last? What was your longest?

Vronnie

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »

fitness freak I have started to very reluctantly accept that the only way I'll lose any weight is to try & stick to 1000 calories a day....I'm 5'2".

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2007, 04:12:43 AM »

Hi Flickad -

I congratulate you. 1000 calories a day? That's crazy. What did you eat in a normal day and how often? Just curious. I am especially interested in your progress because I too am 5' 3". I finally got down to 133 and have stalled there for weeks now. I'm up and back down to 133 constantly. I keep being patient and now I am 133 right before TOM so I'm sure I'll finally lose another pound or two. My body is notically smaller too.

I know what you mean about the heighth thing. It's so difficult. I swear that I don't think I'll be happy until 112-118 / but if I make it into the 120's it will be a miracle! I haven't been in the 130's and so low in the 130'3 for 10 years. During those 10 years I worked my bottom off to lose every pound and inch. So the oil is a super nice break.

Also, it's so strange but I can jump trampoline for 10 minutes and get super hungry. I don't know what it is???? I have opted to work out much less these days, fitness freak that I am. My working out will be for health rather than weight loss and I'm looking forward to those days.

Well, I hope I don't have to drop to 1,000 calories a day because I probably just won't do that. I love to eat too much - even on the oil. I just grossly overeat anymore.

I have one question. Did you have plateaus and if so, how long did they last? What was your longest?

My daily eating patterns varied a bit, but I mostly just ate a few snacks a day, primarily consisting of lean proteins, dairy, fruit, vegies and the odd treat. I had several plateaux, the longest being a month. Dropping down to 1300 calories ended that plateau, then I had to drop down to 1000 to deal with later ones. I continued to have small plateaux thereafter, which were broken by alternating my calories.

jj

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2007, 08:36:10 AM »

Hi Flickad,
I also weigh about 105-106lb and am 5'2''. I find it amazing that I am able to eat much more than you do and still not put on weight. In adition I have  2tbsp of balsamic vinegar with meals. I mix it with apple juice. I believe it helps counteract the effect of drinking wine with dinner.
(I should mention that I started SLD in June at 112lb.)

multimoe

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 09:49:44 AM »

Hi flikad,
            In comparing your situation with that of jj, (you having
            lost approx. 59 lbs. and jj about 6 lbs, and each arriving
            at about the same final appropriate weight for your body frame),
            I am thinking that it may be more difficult to maintain that lower
            weight if you had to lose more to get there. 

I find this very interesting. I started from a high point of 134 lbs,
            with the first 12 lbs. (pre-SLD) lost in a most unhealthy way, thereby
            making my SLD starting weight of 122 lbs. very unstable. I probably
            had a correspondingly high set point then, which gave me some trouble
            at the start.  But now, I am where I want to be, by the way my clothes
            fit (I’m guessing around 112 at 5’3”), and seem to be staying there
            despite the usual summer indulgences that we all face, including periods
            of downright debauchery (in the culinary sense, of course…wink.)  However,
            I wonder if the above principle applies across the board—the higher the
            starting weight, the more difficulty in maintaining the ideal weight.
            I sure hope not, and that it’s just a matter of accepting very slow weight loss.
            Hope someone knows.

One thing has been made crystal clear to me this summer:  alcohol not
            only affects judgement in food choices, but also increases appetite.
            Oh well, it was fun. SLD always pulls me back to reality.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2007, 06:29:30 PM »

I found that my last 20-25lbs came off excruciatingly slowly, possibly because I'd lost a fair bit by that point. The weight loss is proving easier to maintain on a slightly higher oil dose, I'm finding so far. However, the oil doesn't suppress my appetite quite as much as it did in the beginning. I definitely get AS, no doubt about that, but I can never skip a meal or go all day without eating, like I did very easily quite often for the first 30lbs. I get hungry regularly, but it's a more moderate hunger than it is without the oil, and with more oil there's in general less of an emotional compulsion to eat.

multimoe

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2007, 07:36:31 AM »

I found that my last 20-25lbs came off excruciatingly slowly, possibly because I'd lost a fair bit by that point.

Flikad, I don't mean to keep hogging your thread, but I worry that I may
            have appeared flippant in my previous post.  I feel that I have not yet given
            an in-depth description of my SLD experience. I am just not inclined to fuss
            about my eating, or to document results, and this is not helpful here. 

Perhaps I can compare my loss of the last 10 lbs with your loss of the last
            20-25 lbs. It moved off very slowly over a period of 6 months, but I never
            went all day without eating, I just seemed to have hunger delayed a bit later
            each day until I was eating all of my daily food (estimating an average of around
            1100 calories) after 4:30-5:00 p.m., and ate to satiation.  That contrasted with
            pre-SLD life, when I would snack absent-mindedly all day, try to restrict calories,
            and then binge uncontrollably.  I felt that I just didn’t know how to eat.  I’m
            still taking 2TB ELOO and feel that it is always there for me as a regulator. 
            I still occasionally want to turn to food for comfort in anxious times, but find it
            is very self-limiting now.  The point of all this is that it may be possible that if
            those with less to lose can accept waiting longer to get there, they may have
            an easier time maintaining.

jj

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2007, 04:31:33 PM »

I should probably mention that I am taking 30 FSO softgels a day (equivalent to 2.5 tbsp of oil). Some of my AS may be simply a result of nausea.
I learn to live with some nausea. I still have 4lb to go to be at my best weight of 8 years ago (102lb), before I quit smoking.
At this point I hit a plateau and I have not been moving either way for about 10 days.
So far I do not see any adverse side effects from FSO softgels (except for some nausea).
I hope that this is helpful.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 05:41:36 PM by jj »

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2007, 05:31:42 PM »

I found that my last 20-25lbs came off excruciatingly slowly, possibly because I'd lost a fair bit by that point.

Flikad, I don't mean to keep hogging your thread, but I worry that I may
            have appeared flippant in my previous post.  I feel that I have not yet given
            an in-depth description of my SLD experience. I am just not inclined to fuss
            about my eating, or to document results, and this is not helpful here. 

Perhaps I can compare my loss of the last 10 lbs with your loss of the last
            20-25 lbs. It moved off very slowly over a period of 6 months, but I never
            went all day without eating, I just seemed to have hunger delayed a bit later
            each day until I was eating all of my daily food (estimating an average of around
            1100 calories) after 4:30-5:00 p.m., and ate to satiation.  That contrasted with
            pre-SLD life, when I would snack absent-mindedly all day, try to restrict calories,
            and then binge uncontrollably.  I felt that I just didn’t know how to eat.  I’m
            still taking 2TB ELOO and feel that it is always there for me as a regulator. 
            I still occasionally want to turn to food for comfort in anxious times, but find it
            is very self-limiting now.  The point of all this is that it may be possible that if
            those with less to lose can accept waiting longer to get there, they may have
            an easier time maintaining.

I don't think you seemed flippant at all, and I welcome your contributions.

PastryQ

• Ive tried them all/diets that is....
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »

flickad, I just came in on your blog.  do you mind catching me up on how you originally lost?  I tried to go back and find out, but to no avail.  How much oil and how often did you take it?
I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2007, 08:46:12 PM »

^

I went from 75kg (165lbs) to about 68kg (150lbs) by switching to a vegan diet. I then discovered the SLD and lost close to another 50lbs over the course of about ten months. I initially started with 2 metric tbs (20ml each) of ELOO in the morning and another tablespoon in the evening. I then switched to taking it once a day and cut back to 2 tbs once I hit about 59kg/130lbs. At this time I stopped being vegan due to developing shingles and then finding out that I was deficient in Vitamin B12. I switched to a healthy omnivorous diet and subsequently plateaued for a month. I ended the plateau by adjusting my caloric intake downward. As I lost weight, I cut back on the oil by 1 tsp increments until I reached about 105lbs. I was at that stage on 1 tbsp of oil a day and upped my caloric intake so as to maintain. My weight has bounced around within about a 4kg/9lb range since then and I have struggled much more with food since cutting my oil that far back. I've subsequently reset my goal to 46kg/101lbs, because I'm short and think I look cuter just that little bit more petite in terms of weight (also, I'll be less of an in-between size). I won't go lower than that, since I don't want to be an unhealthy weight for me. Anyway, since I'm trying to lose about another 1.3kg/3lbs and since I've become more prone to binge eating on a lower oil dose, I've upped my oil again, alternating between 1.5 and 3 tbs a day, taken all at once in the early hours of the morning (if I wake up in the middle of the night to use the toilet, I'll also take my oil then) or immediately upon waking. Along with the alternating oil dose, I've been alternating my intake and my exercise. I haven't dipped as low in terms of calories as when I was trying to lose my last 9-12kg/20-25lbs (I eat at least two to three hundred more now than I did then, and that's on down days- I eat at least a couple of hundred more than that again on up days, and often up to four or five hundred more), but I'm exercising regularly now so that I don't have to.

My weight and intake have been bouncing around a lot, but I'm finding that the more oil I take, the easier it is to control my eating (duh!) and the more energy I have.

jj

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2007, 09:05:31 AM »

^

I went from 75kg (165lbs) to about 68kg (150lbs) by switching to a vegan diet. I then discovered the SLD and lost close to another 50lbs over the course of about ten months. I initially started with 2 metric tbs (20ml each) of ELOO in the morning and another tablespoon in the evening. I then switched to taking it once a day and cut back to 2 tbs once I hit about 59kg/130lbs. At this time I stopped being vegan due to developing shingles and then finding out that I was deficient in Vitamin B12. I switched to a healthy omnivorous diet and subsequently plateaued for a month. I ended the plateau by adjusting my caloric intake downward. As I lost weight, I cut back on the oil by 1 tsp increments until I reached about 105lbs. I was at that stage on 1 tbsp of oil a day and upped my caloric intake so as to maintain. My weight has bounced around within about a 4kg/9lb range since then and I have struggled much more with food since cutting my oil that far back. I've subsequently reset my goal to 46kg/101lbs, because I'm short and think I look cuter just that little bit more petite in terms of weight (also, I'll be less of an in-between size). I won't go lower than that, since I don't want to be an unhealthy weight for me. Anyway, since I'm trying to lose about another 1.3kg/3lbs and since I've become more prone to binge eating on a lower oil dose, I've upped my oil again, alternating between 1.5 and 3 tbs a day, taken all at once in the early hours of the morning (if I wake up in the middle of the night to use the toilet, I'll also take my oil then) or immediately upon waking. Along with the alternating oil dose, I've been alternating my intake and my exercise. I haven't dipped as low in terms of calories as when I was trying to lose my last 9-12kg/20-25lbs (I eat at least two to three hundred more now than I did then, and that's on down days- I eat at least a couple of hundred more than that again on up days, and often up to four or five hundred more), but I'm exercising regularly now so that I don't have to.

My weight and intake have been bouncing around a lot, but I'm finding that the more oil I take, the easier it is to control my eating (duh!) and the more energy I have.

Hi flickad,
I am very impressed with your determination and achievement. I have watched your progress with interest since we are the same height (5'2") although not the same age -I am 43.
I am at present at a 105-106lb plateau. I refuse to cut back on amount of calories that I consume. In addition I have wine with my dinners, so that poses another challenge to my weight loss.
I am hoping that taking oil capsules by itself will finally move me from my plateau.
I take equivalent of 2tbs in Flax seed oil +Fish oil + evening primrose oil.
My goal is 102lb and I have a feeling it will take a while.
Thank you for posting your insightful updates
 :)

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »

^
Hi!

You probably look great at 105-106 (I was quite happy with how I looked at that weight, I'm just fine tuning a little), but I understand if you want to be a few pounds lighter, just don't go too fast or overdo it. To end your plateau, there are some things you can do that worked for me (that don't involve deliberately eating less food). For one thing, you can try adding an extra twenty minutes to half an hour of walking to your day. This will help improve your metabolism and you'll find that your body deals with food more efficiently. You could also try increasing your oil dose by half to one tablespoon, which, as Seth discovered, will lower your set point, making it easier for you to get to a lower weight. Or you could try dividing most of your meals into two snacks, which you'll find will also be more conducive to weight loss, again because you're keeping your metabolism at a consistent roar.

With this last plateau, I didn't want to cut back on my calories either- I just didn't feel like I could handle eating as little as I did right before getting to my previous goal, but adding some moderate exercise, snacking instead of eating big meals and increasing my oil have all helped things to start moving again. As of today, I'm now about 1.5lbs from my new goal and I certainly eat a decent amount of calories these days (up to 1800 on a day when I'm doing a lot of walking).

jj

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2007, 05:33:01 PM »

Hi Flickad,
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them. How did you manage to be at 46kg in less than 2 weeks?!?! from your last post of 48kg?!
I am amazed. I am Polish and came to the US in my 20ties. My fat of choice was always butter, but lately I noticed that I started (subconsciously?) to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to sprinkle on my steamed vegetables instead of butter. That led me to a conclusion that somehow my brain is associating olive oil and calories now. I am trying to find a substitute for ELOO. I have a very keen sense of taste so I decided to use softgels instead of liquid oil.
Initially I tried FSO but Trina pointed out that people are having hormonal problems with FSO. Fish oil seems to give me a headache.
Now I am exploring VCO softgels.
Thanks again for you most interesting posts. I would still like to know how you got from 48kg to 46kg in 2 weeks without restricting you calories!!
Congratulations!!
jj.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2007, 05:38:29 PM »

Hi Flickad,
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them. How did you manage to be at 46kg in less than 2 weeks?!?! from your last post of 48kg?!
I am amazed. I am Polish and came to the US in my 20ties. My fat of choice was always butter, but lately I noticed that I started (subconsciously?) to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to sprinkle on my steamed vegetables instead of butter. That led me to a conclusion that somehow my brain is associating olive oil and calories now. I am trying to find a substitute for ELOO. I have a very keen sense of taste so I decided to use softgels instead of liquid oil.
Initially I tried FSO but Trina pointed out that people are having hormonal problems with FSO. Fish oil seems to give me a headache.
Now I am exploring VCO softgels.
Thanks again for you most interesting posts. I would still like to know how you got from 48kg to 46kg in 2 weeks without restricting you calories!!
Congratulations!!
jj.

I actually got to 47kg maybe three weeks ago and didn't bother to update my ticker. I got to 46.5 about a week ago and have been bouncing around for a few days, but am back at 46.6 today.

The way I did it was upping both my exercise and oil. I also alternated my calories a bit. On a down day, I take more oil, a little less exercise and up to 1400 calories. An up day, I'll do an hour plus of walking, take up to half a tablespoon less oil and eat up to 1800 calories. This helps keep the metabolic rate high. I'm thinking of keeping my oil at 2-3 tablespoons consistently though. I'll keep an eye on things and see what works best.

My grandparents were also Polish!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18