Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I passed my goal!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I passed my goal!  (Read 62557 times)

shinju_chan

Re: I passed my goal!
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 06:05:11 AM »

Congratulations!  I wondered if you might divulge how many calories you were at per day prior to maintenance during the last few pounds?  Thank you!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 06:21:26 AM »

Flickad... I'm totally happy for you!!!  :D  :D  :D   :D  :D

A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

lvivianka

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 07:59:19 PM »

WONDERFUL!!!
I am so happy for you :D

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 10:30:22 PM »

Congratulations!  I wondered if you might divulge how many calories you were at per day prior to maintenance during the last few pounds?  Thank you!

About 1000/day on average.

Thanks, everyone!

fitnessfreak

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2007, 03:08:47 PM »

1000 calories a day including oil or not? 8)

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 02:33:43 AM »

1000 calories a day including oil or not? 8)

Yep, including oil.

Ann H

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 03:56:10 AM »

Yep, including oil.

Wow. Yep, see: that's how tough a lot of us are going to have to be to achieve solid weight loss. I guess we can either bitch and moan about it, or accept it, or do those all together. :)

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 09:23:36 AM »

Yep, including oil.

Wow. Yep, see: that's how tough a lot of us are going to have to be to achieve solid weight loss. I guess we can either bitch and moan about it, or accept it, or do those all together. :)

Bear in mind that this was right at the end, for the last 10-15lbs. Before that I was losing on more, and I do eat more to maintain.

MsSara81

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2007, 02:59:27 PM »

Yep, including oil.

Bear in mind that this was right at the end, for the last 10-15lbs. Before that I was losing on more, and I do eat more to maintain.

Did you exercise well eating 1000 cals a day?

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 03:06:42 AM »

^

Nope, I loathe exercise and refuse to do it, except for the very occasional stroll.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 04:30:06 AM »

Update on me:

I got below my goal by about 2lbs and subsequently revised it to about 4.5lbs thinner total (which is the bottom of my healthy weight range, and I think not inappropriate, given my diminutive height). I added exercise to my regular regime recently (for health reasons- there's type two diabetes in my family), began replacing the junk food in my diet with more nutritious alternatives (again, health reasons- I want to avoid diabetes) and began happily shedding the weight at a rather slow pace (I'm in no hurry, so this is fine by me). However, I did not increase my oil intake from my maintenance level of a tablespoon. The increased activity led to an increase in appetite and also more of a tendency to overeat partly out of a sense of entitlement born of not being sedentary. I also am pre-menstrual currently (so I'm bloated anyway) and, to add insult to injury, I skipped my oil on three separate occasions this week and subsequently binge ate on or close to each of those days. The upshot is that my weight is up by about 2.5lbs, so instead of losing some of the little bit extra that I'd planned to, I am now a little over my goal weight. I've decided to take action before the binge eating gets out of hand. This experience has shown me just what a difference the oil does make to my appetite, even though I often think it doesn't at maintenance level, given that I eat numerous times daily and have lost the never-hungry experience of early SLD days. Without oil, I am exactly as I was before- prone to binge eating, much less controlled around food, finding it difficult to place limits on myself and stick to them (though I'm still better at it than pre-SLD- even with a low and occasionally skipped oil dose, when I do binge I can keep it within parameters, which is not something that pre-dates my discovery of the SLD).

As part of my new, tightened-up regime (which I'll follow til I reach my new goal, then get back to a modified slackness consistent with maintaining my weight loss), I have just taken my regular maintenance tablespoon (metric tbsp: 20mls) plus an extra half tablespoon to get my appetite down for tomorrow, so that I'll eat less to compensate for today's earlier episode of binge eating. Tomorrow I will have two tablespoons of ELOO, take a forty minute walk and take advantage of the increased AS. I'm thinking I'll combine this with a modified version of the JUDD diet to keep my metabolism at a reasonable clip. This will involve alternating my dose of oil (two tablespoons on alternate days and one tablespoon on the other days), alternating my caloric intake in conjunction with the oil dose and also alternating my level of exercise. So, on days with more oil, I plan to keep my calorie intake at a maximum of about 1100, plus do thirty to forty minutes of walking. On the alternate days, along with taking a maintenance dose of oil, I'll be keeping my calories at a level similar to what I generally eat for maintenance as well (1500-1800, depending on how active I've been). Those days will also involve a slightly longer walk, anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half. This regime will, as I said, prevent the kind of metabolic sluggishness and nutritional deficiencies that would ensue if I just gave into my anxiety about the bingeing and weight gain and indiscriminately took several tablespoons of ELOO daily, thus allowing my appetite to dwindle too consistently low. Also, not having much weight to lose and not being medically overweight, rapid weight loss isn't appropriate for me, since if I lose too fast there's a danger I'll lose too much, only to gain it back even faster. I'm interested in taking care of both my general health and my metabolic health along the way to reaching my goals, as well.

I realise this post is probably a case of tl;dr. Sorry!

Also, I'd like to again thank Seth. The experience of skipping a few days of oil has really brought home to me just how much the SLD principles help me keep my tendency to binge in check. No amount of exercise and choosing healthy foods would help me keep my weight down if I was grossly overeating which, without the oil, I do.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »

Thanks for sharing, flickad. I'm sure you'll be fine with your fine-tuning of the oil!!  :)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2007, 10:20:11 AM »

I hope so. Exercise has really increased my appetite a lot, probably by more than I burn. I already got hungry and ate a decent sized meal a few hours after taking my new, increased dose- and this is after having had a really heavy eating day not that long before.

Starpirate

• California girl
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »

I just started 10 days ago (5.5 loss so far) and I am still trying to be consistent.
Although I still have 36 pounds to go, I feel hopeful when I read stories like yours.
Thank you for sharing your success!

Starpirate
Starpirate

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 10:33:27 PM »

^

Thanks, Starpirate! I'm sure you'll get there, I started out with more weight than that to lose. The thing to remember is patience. You don't always get fast or consistent loss with the SLD, but it's easy to do and easy to go back to if you stray, which is very conducive to maintaining the loss. It's also a good idea to mix up your diet and activity levels if you plateau, though you'll probably get consistent loss to start with and won't need to worry about fine-tuning til you've shed a third or so of your goal.

I wanted to update as to my progress today. I took 2 metric tablespoons of ELOO this morning, as per my plan, and definitely am experiencing some increased AS, though I haven't completely lost my appetite the way I did in the beginning. However, this isn't the result I want anyway, since I only have a few pounds that I'm wanting to shed and want to take care of my nutritional needs and keep my metabolic rate reasonable along the way. So, I'm very pleased so far. I'm already losing some of the bloat that resulted from my gaining 2+lbs back in a week (tip: NEVER take a break from the ELOO for more than a day, particularly if your pre-SLD tendency was towards excessive appetite, and do increase your ELOO if you become more active, since the activity can make you much hungrier regardless of whether or not you've actually burned more than a couple of hundred calories doing it).

Today I took a shortish walk (35-40 minutes at a slow-moderate pace), ate lots of fruit, vegies and lean proteins when I got hungry and barely thought about food when not actually physically hungry. Tomorrow I will take a little less ELOO (1 and a half metric tbsps, as per my plan of mixing it up), take a longer walk of maybe an hour and fifteen minutes and allow myself a little more discretion with how much I eat. The next day I'll be back to 2tbs, shorter walk and under 1100-1200 calories, and continue like that.

I'm amazed all over again as to how well the ELOO works. I've been on a maintenance dose (that works reasonably well most of the time when I'm inactive, but not when I'm active) for so long that I'd forgotten about the miracle of AS, since on a maintenance dose I did get a fair bit of appetite back.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18