Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I passed my goal!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I passed my goal!  (Read 62555 times)

losing-it

Re: I passed my goal!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 07:09:56 AM »

Wow, Trina -- one more pound and you'll be posting your "I made it!" too! Proud of you, Trina! You two show that it can and does and will happen.

Thank you losing-it,

You and I began at different starting points, so our individual weight loss is somewhat relative.  Just know that I am rooting for you, for with all the encouragement and congratulations that you give to others, you deserve success and health forever. You are an inspiring and real demonstration of what Lincoln meant when he spoke of  “the better angels of our Nature”.

Trina, courageous one. Thank you. I'm all for success, health and forever  :)

multimoe

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »

For those with 10-20 lbs to lose: it can happen! Thank you trina and Flickad  :shock: Sour grapes here  :lol: boy, I'm envious of you...  :x  :(  :o  :lol:[/i]

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a few thoughts, and I hope this does not sound too maudlin.

There were two occasions during the past 6 months where a fleeting thought went through my mind—a very mild temptation to block out reality and overeat or binge in reaction to stress or worry.  For the first time in my life I felt a hand on my shoulder as I remembered why I had come to this board.  I came to learn all I could about this fabulous discovery. There has never been anything like it, and I was driven and fascinated.  I kept my eye on the prize at all times.  Basically, I followed everything that I could find about how Seth meant it to be, including what he considered the most significant findings of the forums, as noted in the new edition of the book.  After all the work that Dr. Seth Roberts has done on this, I believe so strongly in him and the science of the Shangri-La Diet that it would be absurd and disrespectful to fall back into my old habits.

There is treasure here for everyone, though it may seem like the path is not clear.  The path is there.

losing-it

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 02:26:56 PM »

Not maudlin at all, Trina. SLD is an amazing method and tool. And here is the solid secret to your success:

I kept my eye on the prize at all times.

With how you have been challenged, your success and those expressed thoughts give me a lot of joy for you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:18:13 AM by losing-it »

go2grl

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »

AWESOME!  Congrats Flickad and Trina!!!!!  Fast work   :D :D

So do tell what your oil dose is... I'm at 126 (5'5") and am interested to see how my oil dose (2T for losing 1 or 1 1/2 to maintain) compares with what's worked for you both.  Thanks!!
Living La Vida SLD!

multimoe

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 05:57:57 AM »

AWESOME!  Congrats Flickad and Trina!!!!!  Fast work   :D :D

So do tell what your oil dose is... I'm at 126 (5'5") and am interested to see how my oil dose (2T for losing 1 or 1 1/2 to maintain) compares with what's worked for you both.  Thanks
!!

Hi go2grl,

I had been using 2T ELOO all along, following some initial experimenting.  I was not weighing because from my  past experience I had learned that pushing to reach a certain number only yielded a false result that was painful and temporary, and a heartbreaking waste of of time invested. I was consistent with the oil for the most part, and I  let it happen, following most closely the paths of those who had achieved success, especially Dr. Roberts.

I continually dug to find what had made it perfect for them, and two weeks ago I found that it was under my nose all along!  It was the calorie-free flavour aspect, which my own husband had been inadvertently been doing from the start, thanks to my making Kool-Aid for him daily, and his results mirrored Seth’s.

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=f784ca3981a1585c66f4fc8416be89f7&topic=4361.0

I corrected my own use of this feature, and now with reliable AS, I reduced the oil to 1 ½ T. walnut.  ( Am also taking 110 cal. From fish oil and other caps).

It’s a little too soon, in my opinion, to start posting maintenance info, but will keep an eye on this.
(Always align with success!)

go2grl

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 10:48:30 PM »

Thanks for the info Trina!  I'm doing a bit of the CFF too and had good results the first few days - but find I can easily override the AS I get from the CFF. Perhaps getting more consistent with my oil dose again would help.
Living La Vida SLD!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 01:56:06 AM »

[There were two occasions during the past 6 months where a fleeting thought went through my mind—a very mild temptation to block out reality and overeat or binge in reaction to stress or worry. 

Now that you mention it.... I don't recall having binged ever again since I'm on SLD!

You're right: it would be disrespectful to fall into old habits. Thanks for your insight, it's helping me a lot on a very stressful day.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 04:44:27 PM »

Congratulations all around!  I raise my oil glass to you!

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »

At that time I began seriously applying the calorie-free flavour feature of SLD, and saw a significantly increased AS, or ‘stuffed’ feeling, as Talking Rat describes it.  Today I am 113, and all of this with no pain!  For those with 10-20 lbs to lose: it can happen!

Wow Trina and flickad,  congrats!
  and Trina...me too...the CFFs are doing it for me.  I am gonna join you guys in this thread soon!!!

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 04:03:55 AM »

Congratulations flickad! Now you have SLD which can help you stay at your ideal weight from now on! Hooray for you! Thank you for posting your success. I think you were working on shedding the last 20 - 30 or so pounds when you started SLD in November/December 2006...?

Thankyou!

I was about 147lbs when I started, which was around 20lbs down from my high weight. My weight loss had stagnated somewhat when I came across the SLD, though. Anyway, my goal was always 115lbs, so the aim was to lose a little over 30lbs, which I now have done. *Grin*.

D'would love to see photo of before and after, or even just after, if you're brave to do it. It's always an encouragement and motivator! Proud of you, flickad! You've done it with style...and those last 30+ lbs pretty quickly, too, I must say.

I actually don't have any recent photos, nor do I have photos of myself from last year, when I was at the higher weight. I can show you photos of myself from previous times that I was at similar weights, but none pre-date mid-2005 at the earliest.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 04:09:07 AM »

Congratulations, flickad!  What flavorless calories did you use, and how much?   Did you drop steadily, or plateau?  Share some tips, please!

I used ELOO exclusively, beginning with three tbsps and slowly cutting down as my weight dropped. I now use 1 to 1 1/2 tbsps, depending on what I feel is needed on the day. I plateaued several times, the longest period being a month stuck at 130lbs. I broke each of my plateaus by cutting my calories. Alongside Shangri-La, I also kept track of my calories, beginning at an intake of 1500 and dropping as needed (ie when I started to plateau). I'm currently eating about 1000 a day. I've decided that I'd like to lose another 2-5lbs, as I've found I enjoy being slightly below 115. I keep fluctuating between 113 and 115 and I think I'd like to keep my weight at about 111-113, since I look slightly more streamlined at that weight.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 04:10:52 AM »

Flickad, I saw on another post that you're an Aussie too - may I ask where?  I'm a Sydneysider.

I'm from Melbourne, born and bred.

losing-it

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 04:18:36 AM »

I actually don't have any recent photos, nor do I have photos of myself from last year, when I was at the higher weight. I can show you photos of myself from previous times that I was at similar weights, but none pre-date mid-2005 at the earliest.

I posted photos of me in the 90's at my highest weight (200s), then at my current weight per SLD (170) and one near my target weight, 135 from my 20s in the 1970s (then, at 125) -

That would be great if you could post them and we could do the rave for you!

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 04:24:39 AM »

I posted photos of me in the 90's at my highest weight (200s), then at my current weight per SLD (170) and one near my target weight, 135 from my 20s in the 1970s (then, at 125) -

That would be great if you could post them and we could do the rave for you!

Okay, this is what I look like at about 120lbs. I'm 114-115 now.

And this is me at about 154-158lbs, which was the approximate weight I was at before I started dieting last year:

The first one was taken in about August 2005 and the second in either early 2005 or late 2004. As I said, the last two years have been photo-free as I was very self-conscious about gaining the weight back after I lost it in 2005.

EDIT- I just found a random club photo that was taken maybe a month ago, but again I've lost a little weight since then. I'm the third person from the left and no, I wasn't drunk (I don't drink)! Bad camera moment only!

I'm not sure how to do BB code for photos, sorry.

losing-it

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 04:31:45 AM »

WOW flickad!!!!! What an amazing difference in your appearance with almost 40 pounds less. You look absolutely fantastic at 120 lbs. You must be catching the eyes of the guys, too, pretty woman.

To get the pictures to show on the page, all you need to do is to highlight the URL of the photobucket image, and you can either click the "insert image" icon at the top of the message posting field (it is the one on the 2nd row, the two little green squares in a box next to the one that looks like a beachball.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18