Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I passed my goal!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: I passed my goal!  (Read 62301 times)

flickad

• Girlface
Re: I passed my goal!
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2007, 03:22:05 AM »

^

I don't know- my scale is packed up for a move and has been for over a month now- but I don't think so (though I'm bloated and pre-menstrual as all hell right now, so who knows). I really want to lose some weight right now- I feel soft. The same clothes fit but I do look chubbier to myself.

I'm not willing to diet, but I'm not sure what to do about this. I'm hoping the perceived weight gain is just pre-period water. I was fine last week, so maybe it is. Fingers crossed.

Maybe I should get some xylitol if it turns out not to be bloat. I live in Australia and it's getting to be summer here.

jj

« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2007, 06:13:25 AM »

Thanks Flickad,
You are so lucky that it is getting to be nice and warm there. We were just complaining here (northern hemisphere) that we seem to suffer from SAD and weight gain related to colder season.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2007, 01:11:48 PM »

I really dislike hot weather, though. The humidity here is practically nauseating sometimes. And heat makes it harder to exercise.
Thanks Flickad,
You are so lucky that it is getting to be nice and warm there. We were just complaining here (northern hemisphere) that we seem to suffer from SAD and weight gain related to colder season.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »

Update:

'Tis all okay now. The weight, it turned out, was not bloat but rather several kilograms of body fat. However, after some trial and error (and a fair bit of desperation) I eventually managed to find a way to deal with it. I began taking a fat loss supplement that I saw advertised in a fitness magazine (in addition to the oil, though I did cut back to 1 tbsp of oil as per suggestions and it actually seems to work better when I use a smaller amount- 2-3tbsps was indeed too much for my weight) and the weight I put on has now come off, or close to come off (it's been fluctuating a little bit within a small range). I have also taken up running and joined a gym, both of which seem to be helping and giving me the muscle tone that I want. I'm now much more lean and shapely than before- particularly in the legs, arms, stomach and rear.

I have not been on the boards because I was moving house and did not have internet for some time.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

losing-it

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »

Congratulations, flickad. It's good to hear that you've been successful in finding a way to overcome that bit of encroaching fat. Good news on the toning, too. You go, lovely girl!

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »

^

Thank you!

It's a constant battle- I go up all the time if I don't really watch it. In fact, I suspect I'm up slightly now, but I'm quietly confident about getting it down again. Most of the time, anyway. I rarely weigh myself these days- I use the tape measure and my eyes mostly.

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »

Measurements are up by at least half an inch everywhere (I rarely use scales any more), plus I appear to have lost some fitness somewhere along the line (I haven't been able to jog for as long as usual these few days). Maybe I crowed a little too soon.

Time to start trying a little harder. *Sigh*.

laogirl

« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2008, 09:07:53 PM »

I'm 5'3", with a medium frame and am trying to lose an approximate 20 lbs....and I've been reading this post, quite inspired.

I'd love to hear how you did it, in addition to taking the eloo. Did you go low-carb? Low-fat? Did you change anything else about your diet?

Also, what weight loss supplement did you try? I've been eyeing a  couple and would love a reccommendation.

And lots of details on your weight loss success!

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2008, 11:09:05 PM »

^

Initially I was vegan (ethical reasons) but then I got sick and switched to plain old calorie counting til I hit my goal. I began doing daily exercise late in the day, and that got off the last 2kg/5lbs. I then switched to eating only between hunger and satisfaction, but whatever I wanted (which I still do). I wound up putting on some weight and when my clothes threatened to go up a size, I joined a gym, started running and began taking Lipo-6X. I still struggle with weight, but the gains do seem to be smaller when they happen.

time2commit

« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »

I'm back to try Shangri La once again, it did stop my sweet tooth big time I just hated making time to take the oil not to mention it was horrible. Anything that involves me adding something extra into my busy life usually doesn't get done but it's time for me to commit, hence the user name time2commit.  :lol:

bloo

« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »

Time2commit, did you take oil twice a day? Maybe taking it only once, but 1 1/2 TS might suffice ...
5 ft. 5, 139 lbs. Goal weight: 136 lbs.

desdemona

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »

I can hardly wait to get there.  This thread is very encouraging. :D

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18