Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I passed my goal!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I passed my goal!  (Read 62706 times)

flickad

• Girlface
I passed my goal!
« on: April 28, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »

I'm a 5'3, twentysomething female and my original goal was 115lbs, though as I went on I thought I should make it 105-115. Well, as it turns out, I was fairly happy with the original goal of 115lbs when I got there. I've lost a little more weight since then, though- I'm a tiny bit under 114lbs now, which in my view suits my medium-boned frame quite well. I look petite, but not sickly. Anyway, I'm now very happy with my size and I just thought I'd share! (For the interested, I've lost 33lbs since beginning the diet in early December).

I'd also like to thank Seth again- I'd never have reached my goal so quickly and easily without Shangri-La.

losing-it

Re: I passed my goal!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »

Congratulations flickad! Now you have SLD which can help you stay at your ideal weight from now on! Hooray for you! Thank you for posting your success. I think you were working on shedding the last 20 - 30 or so pounds when you started SLD in November/December 2006...?

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 11:00:20 AM »

Congratulations flickad! Now you have SLD which can help you stay at your ideal weight from now on! Hooray for you! Thank you for posting your success. I think you were working on shedding the last 20 - 30 or so pounds when you started SLD in November/December 2006...?

Thankyou!

I was about 147lbs when I started, which was around 20lbs down from my high weight. My weight loss had stagnated somewhat when I came across the SLD, though. Anyway, my goal was always 115lbs, so the aim was to lose a little over 30lbs, which I now have done. *Grin*.

losing-it

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »

Thankyou!

I was about 147lbs when I started, which was around 20lbs down from my high weight. My weight loss had stagnated somewhat when I came across the SLD, though. Anyway, my goal was always 115lbs, so the aim was to lose a little over 30lbs, which I now have done. *Grin*.

D'would love to see photo of before and after, or even just after, if you're brave to do it. It's always an encouragement and motivator! Proud of you, flickad! You've done it with style...and those last 30+ lbs pretty quickly, too, I must say.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 11:29:47 AM »

Fantastic! And thanks so much for coming back to tell us...success stories pump us all up!
Running weight tally:

multimoe

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »

I'm a 5'3, twentysomething female and my original goal was 115lbs, though as I went on I thought I should make it 105-115. Well, as it turns out, I was fairly happy with the original goal of 115lbs when I got there. I've lost a little more weight since then, though- I'm a tiny bit under 114lbs now, which in my view suits my medium-boned frame quite well. I look petite, but not sickly. Anyway, I'm now very happy with my size and I just thought I'd share! (For the interested, I've lost 33lbs since beginning the diet in early December).

I'd also like to thank Seth again- I'd never have reached my goal so quickly and easily without Shangri-La.

Hi flickad,
My story mirrors your almost exactly.  I am also 5’3”, 41, and started in October 2006 at a weight of 122 lbs (very slight frame), after losing 12 pounds previously.  My goal was 112, and although I was not sure if it was moving or not (no scales), I discovered about 10 days ago that I was 116.  At that time I began seriously applying the calorie-free flavour feature of SLD, and saw a significantly increased AS, or ‘stuffed’ feeling, as Talking Rat describes it.  Today I am 113, and all of this with no pain!  For those with 10-20 lbs to lose: it can happen!

I'd also like to thank Seth again- I'd never have reached my goal so quickly and easily without Shangri-La

Me too!

losing-it

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 11:34:44 AM »

Wow, Trina -- one more pound and you'll be posting your "I made it!" too! Proud of you, Trina! You two show that it can and does and will happen.

TalkingRat

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 12:29:23 PM »

Congratulations, flickad!  What flavorless calories did you use, and how much?   Did you drop steadily, or plateau?  Share some tips, please!

multimoe

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 12:37:41 PM »

Wow, Trina -- one more pound and you'll be posting your "I made it!" too! Proud of you, Trina! You two show that it can and does and will happen.

Thank you losing-it,

You and I began at different starting points, so our individual weight loss is somewhat relative.  Just know that I am rooting for you, for with all the encouragement and congratulations that you give to others, you deserve success and health forever.  You are an inspiring and real demonstration of what Lincoln meant when he spoke of  “the better angels of our Nature”.

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 12:51:06 PM »

Flickad and Trina, well done and congratulations to you both, and "Thanks" too - stories like yours are so encouraging!

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »

Flickad, I saw on another post that you're an Aussie too - may I ask where?  I'm a Sydneysider.

Terri

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »

That is fabulous Trina and Flickad!  You are living proof that this truly works and we can all achieve what you have achieved.  This is not a fad. This is history in the making and it is going to impact the world, and I must say especially America where there is so much obesity. And 8% of the population has diabetes and 66% are overweight! Stories like yours needs to hit the front page!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Terri

xtine

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »

Hi Magpie and Flickad-- I'm an Aussie too, though I live in the US. now.  Anyway I wanted to say hi. And CONGRATULATIONS!

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 03:16:18 AM »

History in the making, huh? You're welcome, flickad and Trina.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 06:47:52 AM »

For those with 10-20 lbs to lose: it can happen! Thank you trina and Flickad  :shock: Sour grapes here  :lol: boy, I'm envious of you...  :x  :(  :o  :lol:
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18