Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Rednails' SLD page

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rednails' SLD page  (Read 2495 times)

rednails

Rednails' SLD page
« on: April 26, 2007, 10:30:10 AM »

So... I'm female, 24, 5'6'' and 195lb.
Over the past couple years I've lost over 21 lb and 5 inches off my waist.

I would have expected to have lost more weight for that many inches, but because I take a lot of exercise I have put on muscle.

There was a point where I didn't exercise for a couple of weeks and I dropped down to 189lb

My aim is to get to 175lb as an acheivable short-term goal. That means losing a stone and a half (I'm based in the UK so its easier for me to think in stones)

I've been taking 15ml of ELOO twice a day now for 3 days. I've noticed a slight difference in appetite but I think I need to leave it at least a week before I can decide whether its working. I know that some people take more like 40ml a day so I may try this in a week's  time if my appetite isn't really supressed.

Nowadays I normally get between 1600 and 2000 calories a day.  I'd really like the appetite suppression to work so that I can keep it at around 1600 calories.

My main problem and the reason I was so overweight in the first place is that I am an "emotional eater". I will basically eat uncontrollably if I feel stressed, worried or upset. I have kept this at bay recently by counting calories, although sometimes I have not been able to stop myself. Its weird as most of the time I don't feel very hungry, and the idea of overeating seems daft and I know it will make me fat and unhappy. However when a  binge hits I find it VERY hard to stop myself, its as if I am a completely different person for a few minutes. This is most likely to happen in the evening.

If the SLD suppresses my appetite to the point where I no longer feel the need to do this, I will be thrilled, if not a little surprised :)

So wish me luck!

frenata

• mustela frenata
Re: Rednails' SLD page
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »

Since you've lost weight in the last couple of years, give yourself a little longer to get the SLD effect. You might not feel appetite suppression for a while, if your body's setpoint is higher than your current weight.

After that -- losing that last ten or fifteen pounds is just as hard with SLD as any other diet -- what it is not is just as painful. And it should be able to kill that binging thing for you.
Running weight tally:

Vronnie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 06:04:30 PM »

hey rednails i can really relate to the emotional over eating stuff cause that's exactly what I do too. I've decided tho that enough is enough so I've started seeing a psychologist to try & sort this emotional eating thing out. She reckons it's like smoking cigarettes...suppressing emotions, the act of eating also suppresses emotions..so you're not just stuffing food down your throat your stuffing emotions back down so you don't have to feel them...comes from childhood stuff. Anyway she also reckons that the intellect can change the way you think about things by applying rational thought processes but you just can't do that with emotions, especially long suppressed stuff. She reckon you need to let yourself feel the emotion before you can get rid of it i.e. let the emotion go . I'm trying to keep a journal & write stuff down when I feel emotional ...its interesting that what I start writing about is never what I end up writing about...so whatever I thought i was upset about isn't usually the case...it's mostly other stuff that seems silly..but its maybe how the child felt....anyway its important to let tears & anger come out & writing is a good way to do that.

Sorry about jumping in with a lecture but its so where I'm at right now & I feel that altho SLD will stop me gaining weight I'll need to deal with the emotional stuff to lose all the 24kg I want to lose. Any way good luck, you're much younger so everything is on your side. I'm sure that the sooner you deal with issues like weight & emotional eating the easier it will be to resolve.

good luck

Vronnie 

rednails

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 06:41:33 AM »

Thanks so much for the advice Frenata and Vronnie.

I've been quite excited today as I realised I woke up and didn't want breakfast, then could barely manage my lunch, whereas normally I would have had seconds and dessert and still felt hungry. I'm still prepared for the fact that it might be a one off though.

I've had cognitive behavioural therapy in the past for panic disorder, and the therapy sounds very much like what you describe, Vronnie. I found it to be a really effective therapy so maybe I'll ask my doctor if he can refer me to a therapist for this problem. If I could tackle what has basically been a lifetime of emotional overeating I would be over the moon.

rednails

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 03:07:10 AM »

2lb lost since I started taking the oil... and I'm now really feeling the reduction in appetite. I really hope it lasts!  :D

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 06:01:04 AM »

I really hope it lasts!  :D

Pretty much everybody who gets the appetite reduction keeps it. That's the good news. The bad news is, that doesn't always correlate with weight loss. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's true. Sometimes, to continue to lose weight, you have to jigger your diet below where you'd like to eat, even with good AS. That's okay, though -- SLD makes that easier.
Running weight tally:

rednails

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 01:51:04 AM »

Another pound lost

losing-it

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 06:36:47 AM »

Yea, rednails!

You're goin' down, gurl!

Lorna

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »

Another pound lost
[/color]
                             Mon congrats, Sweetie! :D

Terri

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 03:25:21 PM »

Youth has its advantages! It sounds like you are losing fast to me and I am happy for your success. Keep on! It works!
Terri

rednails

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 02:50:07 AM »

And another 2 (!)

Thanks for your support, ladies :)

rednails

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 04:19:11 PM »

SO.... 2 pounds went back on while I still had strong AS. Now the strong AS has gone and I'm missing it!

So what do we think - stick it out and wait for it to come back... or take more oil?

go2grl

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »

ooh, I think in Ts rather than ml - not sure how much you're taking. But what I can suggest is that when you've lost weight quickly as you did, your AS can decrease a bit as a result. It's temporary, keep doing the oil and as your setpoint lowers some more the AS should return and push your weight down some more.  A lovely cycle!
Living La Vida SLD!

rednails

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 04:11:20 AM »

Another inch off my waist!  Rockin' !

This means I am now an official UK size 16

losing-it

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 05:42:07 AM »

Wow rednails! Fanfriggintastic! I loves losing inches as much as losing the pounds/kikos.

Good for you!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18