Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
How did you hear about Shangri-La?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you hear about Shangri-La?  (Read 45388 times)

tenista

Re: How did you hear about Shangri-La?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 10:54:30 AM »

Browsing in the diet books at Barnes & Noble on May 20.  I was so intrigued, I immediately read half of it in the bookstore and then went home and ordered it on Amazon. I got the book yesterday but had started it the night before.  It is May 25 today.  I have lost a pound.

Yobie

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »

I was depressed about constant hunger and feeling like a failure.  I had read about Hoodia but the company that holds the patents is not ready to release it yet.  

I had cried and prayed for a solution to my life long struggle with hunger and food.  Wasn't really wanting to search for another diet book but in my desperation I went to Amazon to look for something, ANYTHING and was faced with a big list of titles.  

I tried so hard NOT to click on the SLD book because I didn't believe anything could help me, but I did and here I am on Day 1, sort of.  I will be going out in about 10 minutes to find the book because I don't want to wait for next day delivery - and pay for it too :)

I hope and pray that this works for me.  Good luck to everyone here.

gdziengel

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 11:28:34 AM »

"Creating Passionate Users" blog

thebookie

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2006, 06:16:41 PM »

Dennis Prager - just a back-handed mention during his "Ask Me Anything" session last Friday ... He said, "If you're holding on to discuss the Shangri-La Diet - don't bother. I won't be discussing it." Then Dennis went on to quickly explain the Shangri-La technique, in a nutshell, for those of us who didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I started practicing the "diet" then and there and put a hold on the book at my library. On subsequent days, I heard the original interview re-broadcast. I trust Dennis - that was a given. But I also liked what I heard from Seth ... he comes across loud and clear as a person w/integrity.

ranchopam

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 11:35:30 AM »

Hi, I'm also a Dennis Prager groupie. Missed the interview with Seth but heard the tail-end of a discussion Dennis had with a listener who was raving about what the diet had done for her. Dennis was in agreement. So I ran to the internet and got the particulars, took a tablespoon of ELOO and immediately started preaching the Miracle of Shangri-La!  It was slightly embarrassing when friends would ask how long I had been on it. I lied and said a day - it had only been eight hours but, hey, without SLA, I normally would have done a great deal of damage in those 8 hours. It's now been a week and I've lost three pounds. I love the luxury of choosing finer foods now that I'm no longer compelled to eat everything in sight when dinnertime comes around. The Monster has been rocked to sleep. Thanks, Seth.

Ranchopam

Memo to Dr. Ford: You need to lighten up a bit. Try one Tablespoon of ELOO and you'll feel much better.

Turtle

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 04:19:25 PM »

Heard it mentioned on a weight loss forum I frequent, then noticed it amongst the top sellers on Amazon.  I'm sorry, but it sounded so whacky to me that I didn't want to spend money on yet another diet book so I reserved it at my library and just read it this weekend.  I enjoyed it so much I'm now going to order it from Amazon so that I have my own copy.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 04:53:51 PM »

Well, one of the people at church I gave a copy of the book to has lost ten pounds already, so I was asked to teach a class on the diet today.  I spent about ten minutes answering questions and told people to get the book at the end.  I was amazed at the enthusiasm and the number of people who had heard about the diet.

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »

Stink Ape read about SLD somewhere in the blogosphere; he can't remember where. He told me about it and as soon as my eyes stopped rolling in mockery, I read everything I could find. We ordered the book the day it was released, but were already 2-3 days in.

Isara

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2006, 10:16:10 PM »

A close friend of mine is helping me with an elaborate weight loss scheme of mine (trying to build in rewards & punishments for successes or failures), and he sent me an article just as I started. Figured it couldn't hurt...

vcanfield

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2006, 05:46:07 PM »

Another poster mentioned it on the "Let's Do Lunch Diet" website.  Tried it, passed up burger and fries for lunch (that never happens- I mean NEVER) and bought the book that day.

stardust

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 12:16:15 AM »

I heard about the shangri-la diet when I went onto google and put in "fasting, one meal a day"...I had been reading up on weekly fasting as a way to lose weight and curb the food craving cycles one gets into.  I am in the UK and read the forum info about once a day, just good to see how other people are doing and advice is useful.  My partner and I are doing this diet together and we have both lost about 4 lbs in one week.  Long may it last! Going to go onto amazon website and buy the book today to read on holiday.  I had also read a scientific book on fat, which I had got out from library about two months ago.  I had discussed their findings on the Set Point with my partner, as it had struck a deep chord with me when I read it in the book and I identified with it, as my set point had been around 60kg/133lbs for the last for years but in the last year or two has moved up to 70kg/1581bs.  I had said to him in the time that I had known him he had lost weight but it had always steadily crept back on to the weight that his body was used.  He had never maintained the weight lost and that's what I am interested in exploring at the moment.

J-Loo

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 11:48:46 AM »

I first heard about the SLD off the Freakonomics blog.  Googled Seth Roberts, found about about the diet and bought the book that day at Barnes and Noble. 

7.5 lbs in one month.  22.5 lbs to go!  :D

xt92879

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 01:09:07 PM »

I heard about it on livejournal - and found links to Stephen M's blog.

I read about it mid-week, and bought the book over the weekend.

Now I'm almost 4 full weeks in...

I've lost weight, but I wish it would come off faster. :) (don't we all?)

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 01:05:42 PM »

i read a thread on the t-tapp boards about the diet, read about the book at amazon and then bought my own copy at borders yesterday.  i'm starting today and i'm nervously excited.  as i was telling DH this morning, trying out new diets (unsuccessfully for the most part) has become a hobby for me and it may be something i have to give up if this works :).

as well i'm an academic so while i don't understand all of seth's research (i'm in the humanities, go figure) i have tremendous respect for it.  i also appreciate that he is not marketing a line of shangri-la oils or something  . . .  yet.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 03:43:13 PM »

i read a thread on the t-tapp boards about the diet, read about the book at amazon and then bought my own copy at borders yesterday.  i'm starting today and i'm nervously excited.  as i was telling DH this morning, trying out new diets (unsuccessfully for the most part) has become a hobby for me and it may be something i have to give up if this works :).

as well i'm an academic so while i don't understand all of seth's research (i'm in the humanities, go figure) i have tremendous respect for it.  i also appreciate that he is not marketing a line of shangri-la oils or something  . . .  yet.

I'm hoping he'll be marketing a line of flavorless protien though -- so I can find it in any grocery store rather than the chocolate and watermelon flavored things I'm running into.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18