Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
How did you hear about Shangri-La?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you hear about Shangri-La?  (Read 45219 times)

lvivianka

Re: How did you hear about Shangri-La?
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2006, 05:41:49 PM »

I read Woman's world's weekly diets. this one seemed to be so different but so easy, so I tried it; read the book and joined this group. except for oil, no special foods to buy, no calories to count, no special exercises to do. it can be done without anyone noticing since you can eat everything (but with AS you might not want to eat anything). therefore I do not have to make a different dinner for my husband while I munch only cabbage or carrots or proteins or carbs. and when you visit someone you can eat their food without broadcasting that you are on another diet :D

TMS

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2006, 11:58:12 AM »

I actually occasionally read Marginal Revolution.  I had read the NYT Magazine column and filed it away in the back of my mind.  Then when I saw the book on Marginal Revolution I looked at that as an impimatur of validity so I looked into it.

Julia Dream

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:35 PM »

First, I saw this diet on the net, but didn't have any money for oil. (I mean, I'm a college student, so at times, I get a bit poor, but I've got some money in my bank account now for just this emergency.) Anyway, I forgot about it and the next week, my mother's best friend called me and told me about 'this amazing diet'. Before she said anything, I knew what she was going to say. Of course, she said Shangri-La...And, a week later, after my paycheck, I got some oil.

lindylou

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2006, 09:26:21 PM »

I saw it in the Woman's World Magazine at the grocery store.  So I picked up and looked at it briefly.  Than I thought I'm buying it.

Went home read the article than drove 60kl to the Chapter's bookstore and got it there.

Lindylou :D

anacara

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2006, 05:42:46 AM »

First, I saw this diet on the net, but didn't have any money for oil. (I mean, I'm a college student, so at times, I get a bit poor, but I've got some money in my bank account now for just this emergency.) Anyway, I forgot about it and the next week, my mother's best friend called me and told me about 'this amazing diet'. Before she said anything, I knew what she was going to say. Of course, she said Shangri-La...And, a week later, after my paycheck, I got some oil.

Hey Julia Dream!  Firstly, great name.  Secondly, soon you won't need to worry about money for oil - with the savings you'll make on all your other food, you'll have more than enough for your oil supply!

timmmmyboy

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2006, 05:57:31 AM »

When I went looking for some sort of diet that I could find that would be "doable" I went to Ask Metafilter where I usually go to find some answers. After searching a bit I found a thread about weight loss recommendations and someone mentioned the Shangri-La Diet having been "popular with nerds." I'm not too sure what they meant by it but hell, I'm a nerd so I figured I'd trying it. Maybe the reference was the idea that without scientific proof, Seth was in effect "hacking" his body to lose weight. In any case it's working and I'm happy!

Marianna

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2006, 07:07:29 AM »

I saw that reference on MeFi too and wondered about it--my interpretation was that those considered a bit brainy and computer savvy were getting into SLD--since I consider myself to be in both those categores :lol: I agreed!

CarolS

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »

Hey!  I resemble that remark  :)

When I went looking for some sort of diet that I could find that would be "doable" I went to Ask Metafilter where I usually go to find some answers. After searching a bit I found a thread about weight loss recommendations and someone mentioned the Shangri-La Diet having been "popular with nerds." I'm not too sure what they meant by it but hell, I'm a nerd so I figured I'd trying it. Maybe the reference was the idea that without scientific proof, Seth was in effect "hacking" his body to lose weight. In any case it's working and I'm happy!

CarolS

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2006, 06:29:49 PM »

I saw it on Marginal Revolution - the one and only time i read that blog - maybe i should read it some more.

I actually occasionally read Marginal Revolution.  I had read the NYT Magazine column and filed it away in the back of my mind.  Then when I saw the book on Marginal Revolution I looked at that as an impimatur of validity so I looked into it.

par

• Georgia House Hunters
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2006, 07:12:43 PM »

WW Article :)

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2006, 07:27:19 PM »

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »

Woman's World, while waiting in grocery line, went back to oil aisle, and got some eloo, then ordered book from Amazon, AS had already kicked in before the book got here.  The book is great, and am so glad to have found this site, so many great supporters, and I love success stories.  Just keep thinking this is to good to be true, have control over food for the first time that I can remember...

akbev

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2006, 11:52:05 PM »

Just heard about it today from my dil's grandmother so I haven't even started yet, but will 1st thing tomorrow! I ordered the book from Amazon and can hardly wait to read all about it.

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »

Welcome to the group  :D

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

spark

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »

SIL (Sister-In-Law) told me about it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18