Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
How did you hear about Shangri-La?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you hear about Shangri-La?  (Read 43819 times)

taligator

Re: How did you hear about Shangri-La?
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2006, 09:24:57 AM »

I heard about it on the T-Tapp forum. One of the other tappers had heard of it or was doing it and I investigated it. I wasn't a fan immediately though because it seemed sorta silly but I kept reading and learning and came to the conclusion that I'd tried other things (water cure) that people thought were silly and I'd had great results from them so I should give this a fair shot before condemming it.

So here I am .. I started on June 18th.

Susan

• (aka Golden Avocado)
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 08:09:11 PM »

I first heard about the SLD in June while listening to the Laura Ingraham show.  Laura announced that she would be interviewing Seth during the show.  Unfortunately, I had to turn the radio down because I was at work.  (Seth said in another post that the interview will be rescheduled.)  I was interested in learning more, so I Googled the SLD.  That led me to several sites, especially this site.  Next day I went to Borders and bought the book.

gypsydancer

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2006, 10:05:21 AM »

A friend of mine told me about it.  He has been trying to lose for awhile with little success, and had lost  lbs the first week.  Being an open minded, desperate to lose, will try anything kind of person, I googled SLD - read some of the threads on the Forum, and slammed some fish oil caps and SW.  Went that night and bought the book...........

Dorothyann

creaky

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2006, 04:47:19 PM »

Through this blog listing of diet sites:  http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2006/06/29/the_big_blog_list.php 
I found this blog  http://lipsld.blogspot.com/ "Our Lips are SLD - What: My experiences using the Shangri-La Diet to lose 20 pounds. Why: I've tried Zone (tedious to plan), Atkins and South Beach (both boring, missed carbs) and gained it all back. Will this work long term? Audience: Anyone sick of food restrictions who is curious if there is an appetite suppressant to replace carb restriction.

Then I found Seth's site. 

Christy K.

actionwoman

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 07:14:08 PM »

I found out about it on a fitness forum - the poster linked to the Freakonomics blog, and after that, I read the NYT article.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2006, 01:19:55 PM »

I plan to post my results there as well, as weight loss is a HUGE issue for most of us who are in peri-menopause.

You'll find you have plenty of company in THAT boat...
Running weight tally:

Monerz

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2006, 07:55:51 PM »

I saw the advertisement off of eDiet. Was mildly interested, so I decided to do some some research, and just saw the overwhelming positive response it was getting from people. Decided to try it out for myself and I'm SO happy that I did!

BryanL

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

Freakonomics blog

antgerm

• How low can I get...
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »

I first read about the SLD method in the S.F. Chronicle. About two week later I bought the book at Amazon and started the SLD method two days later. It's working.

chug a lug chug a lug....

lisalgreer

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »

the CBC documentary.  :D Sometimes it pays to be a U.S. citizen living in Vancouver  :lol:

Mexicali_Rose

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2006, 09:57:15 AM »

A friend loan me the book. 

Bless her!  I read it, checked out the blogs mentioned in the book, and started the next day.

anacara

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »

The book caught my eye in a book store.  I think the cover here is different from the US cover.   It is quite stylish - all white with an image of a few green olives and some olive leaves sitting in a little pool of olive oil.  The title and blurb (also nicely designed) I think is the same, but what really hooked me was the "No-Hunger, Eat-Anything" bit!

I had a look at the book, began to feel a small sense of excitement ("what if this really works...?"), had a look on the internet, and started the next day (no need to put off such an easy "diet"!).  I was broke so I finished reading the book standing up in various book stores (probably slept well too!).  A week later, I bought the book out of gratitude to Seth.  It has changed my life.

I look at people with a weight problem on the street and think "Shangri-La".  I wish I could tell them about it, but they would just think I'm a lunatic.  Oh well, I guess it will become common knowledge eventually.

Agi

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2006, 08:36:03 PM »

First heard of it on a Low Carb forum. Someone posted a link to the NYT article. From there I did a bunch of research through Google. Bought the book from Amazon.com, but started the diet before the book arrived. Been doing it for a few weeks now. Mastering the more advanced appetite suppression techniques. I rather think my weight loss may be a bit slow kicking in at first. But I have a very good feeling about all this and plan to stay the course for a long time.

continuum

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2006, 07:22:58 PM »

Put another "tic" mark in the "Heard Seth on the Dennis Prager Show" column.

dgrillot2000

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2006, 08:54:03 PM »

I look at people with a weight problem on the street and think "Shangri-La".  I wish I could tell them about it, but they would just think I'm a lunatic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

Me too.  The urge to run up and shout Shangr-la at an obviously overweight person is almost uncontrollable   :D  .

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I MIGHT. I THOUGHT I COULD!  I THINK I WILL!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18