Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
How did you hear about Shangri-La?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you hear about Shangri-La?  (Read 43816 times)

CarolS

Re: How did you hear about Shangri-La?
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 03:41:24 PM »

Surfing around one day and happened on Marginal Revolution  :)

melissacb

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 11:29:33 AM »

...totally by accident at my local library.  Lucky me, I found it on the shelf!   :lol:

saggi girl

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »

Seth was interviewed by the S.F. Chronicle a few weeks back.  I read the article and was intrigued, but didn't actually do anything further until I recently took my BP and found it was way too high for comfort.  Something clicked in my head, and I remembered the article about Seth.  So I did an extensive internet search, turned up dozens of hits, and decided to do it.  The rest is history.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »

I read about it on some blog or other. I don't remember. I do remember the blog entry was savaging the diet, and the critique struck me as being so poorly crafted, I followed it upstream to this site.

I happened to have a bottle of ELOO in the kitchen (I hate the taste of olive oil, but I switched to it because I thought it was good for me), so I thought, what the heck? Started on the spot. I saw an effect quickly, so I stuck with it, registered here, bought the book...
Running weight tally:

Den

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »

I'm also doing the No S diet, someone on that forum mentioned how well SLD would fit in with No S, and posted the link for this forum.

Started almost straight away - it fits in with No S a treat - the man who devised No S is terrific and gives lots of advice and encouragement (like Seth).

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 03:53:09 AM »

Like another entry, I found it on the new book shelf at the library where I work.  (Any other library-folk out there?)

Marianna

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 07:01:52 AM »

I also love No S--and it works marvelously with SLD!

akhdar

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 08:22:52 PM »

What is No S, please?

Thanks, Akhdar

Marianna

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 08:32:06 PM »

No S--google it Akhdar--it is cool!-No Snacks, Seconds, or Sugar except on Saturday or Sunday, Sometimes--there is a board devoted to it--it works so well with SLD--the oil makes the no snacks deal (basically 3 meals per day with nothing in between) quite achievable--I think there are a few other folks on this board who are Noessers.  The man who runs that forum is kind and informative--

akhdar

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 08:36:11 PM »

I'm googling as we speak (write!)

Thanks, Marianna!

jfl

• JFL
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2006, 07:18:32 AM »

I heard about the diet on the Dennis Prager radio program.  I respect what he has to say.  Sop, what could I lose but weight.
JFL

docsdaughter

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 07:37:33 AM »

I was at a graduation party and someone was talking about it.  Most people ridiculed the idea of consuming oil for weight loss.  I was so frustrated with my lack of weight loss that I went and found the book at Borders, and started.  Perhaps at the next "gathering", I'll have amazing news to report.

mulville

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »

I read about it in the SF Chronicle, and it actually felt like the answer to a little prayer that something would come along so I didn't have to go on yet another diet, then gain it all  back over time. Something about the article resonated, and didn't sound like just another waste of time. Of course I still have a ways to go, about 17 lbs., then hopefully maintain that, but so far its pretty much "Shangri-La"

thinkthin

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »

I found a thread on another board that I frequent and ppl were posting positive results.  They were kind enuff to post the links and here I am.  Just started taking the oil today.   :D 

falconcy

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2006, 01:58:17 AM »

I downloaded something from some website, it was a document discussing setpoint theory and it mentioned Seth. Got my interest, and whilst curiosity may have killed the cat, satisfaction definitely brought him back  :lol:

I googled it and from there it was a via CalorieLab and then into here, the rest is history.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18