Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Female side effects

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Female side effects  (Read 47659 times)

tsg

Re: Female side effects
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »

Re : sweats and flushes -   Toxins are stored in our body fat.  As your body uses up its fat resources, toxins are released at the same time. The sweating/flushes could be a result of that:  Our body naturally wishes to flush toxins either through our skin (the body's largest organ) or through urine. (That is why it is important to drink water to help flush these trapped/now released toxins.)   PS I am not a doctor. I have simply read a lot and like you are committed to health and winning the weight game.  Caffine (like alcohol) will also give you a 'flush' - it opens the capillaries at the skin level allowing more blood to flow and cool on contact with air.

barbinsky

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »

Hey, I've been sweating like nobody's business at night too!  I thought it was a side-effect of my SSRI or just the fact that it's hot or something.  I haven't felt lethargy, but doesn't it stand to reason that you might when eating so little?  Because your body doesn't have enough nutrients to run on?  For that reason it's probably super important to eat very nutritiously and watch that you're getting the right amount of vitamins and all that good stuff, no?  (Again, I'm no doctor here :)

Debbie123

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 11:23:21 AM »

I've been having the same problem with hot flashes and sweating. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Thought I was going through menopause early. That's the only problem I've had otherwise clothes are fitting much better and I don't feel bloated any more. This diets great.

SDSunflower

• <a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 08:22:34 PM »

I would like to respond to the issue of hormones and hotflashes. I had a hysterectomy 12 years ago.  I am on hormones but still had hot flashes when I was overeating.  They seem to go hand in hand for me.  However, since I started the SLD I have not had one hot flash that I am aware of.  I find myself more alert throughout the day and sleep about the same each night as I did before (using 2 Tylenol PM).  I will add that I gave pop and caffiene at the same time I started SLD.  I am also much colder than before.  I finally had to get warmer pj's.  (DH jokes that he doesn't need any ice packs for his arthritic knees, he will just use my cold legs.)
SDSunflower

lvivianka

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 08:34:29 PM »

with all the good changes due to SLD, I did not think that my cold feet were from oil. does any one else have cold feet?  :lol:

SDSunflower

• <a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 04:35:40 PM »

Dear Husband said he woke up last night and saw the strangest site.  He saw me sleeping without any covers.  Maybe I do have so hot flashes ---- or the electric blanket was too warm.
SDSunflower

NVMojo

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 03:03:57 AM »

I must be a weirdo. No symptoms like these described here. Hang in there, ladies! The weight we lose will certainly benefit us in the long run!  :P

fitnessfreak

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »

Oh I am getting moodier too.  At times I feel euphoric like My mood swings and female hormones are more in balance than ever, other times I feel super angry and moody. Perhaps my body is reacting to the reduction of sweets, etc? Kind of like withdrawals from seretonin levels in my brain?? I don't know. Does anyone else know? I feel like Jekyl and Hyde sometimes. Has anyone done this long enough to see if this normalizes?

Also, I've been having a strange taste in my mouth - especially on my tounge. It's like I licked the bottom of an ash tray. Not that bad, but close. Anyone having this? I'm only 5 days in.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »

with all the good changes due to SLD, I did not think that my cold feet were from oil. does any one else have cold feet? :lol:
My DH says the temperature of my feet could be used as a weapon. :(  This and the top of me is sweating to death! :lol:

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

spike

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »

I've also noticed that i am way warmer at night then I used to be.  I've gone from bundling up to sweating.  I had attributed it to the onset of spring but maybe is is SLD related.  If it means it is working then I am happy to be sweating at night.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w18i5LR/]

[/url]

bigbaddar

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »

Hey...Fitnessfreak...I do know what you mean about the moodiness.. I've found I'm ve-e-e-r-r-r-r-y cranky the day after I eat hot wings (from the bar across the street)...I'd get very irritable...yucky....it must be related to my "tasting" foods better...kinda like I'm super sensitive to the oil the chicken is fried in or something...I don't know...anyway...I know not to eat those specific wings.  I am able to eat the ones my GF makes. She broils hers...

Do you remember what you've eaten before the bad mood stikes?  Can it be diet related...a food/ingredient sensitivity..... and not ELOO/SLD related?

Just a question mind you....

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2007, 12:53:38 PM »

fitnessfreak Also, I've been having a strange taste in my mouth - especially on my tounge. It's like I licked the bottom of an ash tray. Not that bad, but close. Anyone having this? I'm only 5 days in.

I also sometimes have a bad taste in my mouth, I associate it with being in ketosis.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

fitnessfreak

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 01:49:29 PM »

fitnessfreak Also, I've been having a strange taste in my mouth - especially on my tounge. It's like I licked the bottom of an ash tray. Not that bad, but close. Anyone having this? I'm only 5 days in.

I also sometimes have a bad taste in my mouth, I associate it with being in ketosis.

Interesting, I am going to see if I have any keto stix in the house. I never thought I was in, but I wonder if that's the case? Very, very intesting. It would take me a good few days to get in when I was on Atkins. But I'm still having sugar n'stuff. Not a lot, but enough I think. I'm so curious to see if I am in Ketosis.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2007, 01:59:53 PM »

I wonder how much ketosis you would have to be in to get the bad taste.  Just a tetch? 
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

atomic

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 06:06:09 AM »

anyone out there getting moodier?

i wasn't sure it was possible for me to get moodier than i usually am but that certainly appears to be the case. the two-and-a-half-year old is really, um, riding my nerves. the baby not so much, but her constant need to nurse or be held by me (only me - screams bloody murder for anyone else) is getting to me too. i'm a jungle gym 24/7 so a certain amount of moodiness is expected but it's off the charts the last few days.

has this mellowed out for anyone? because as much as i love some of the other side effects, the desire to get in the car and drive till i run out of gas isn't so great.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18