Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Female side effects

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Female side effects  (Read 45940 times)

mtzudiker

Re: Female side effects
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 06:36:24 PM »

I too have felt shaky at times and today during yoga I was really light headed...kinda scary. I think its because I am losing weight faster than my body is used to and it's a signal to me to moniter my calories more closely....Also I am just going to do one tablespoon of oil a day instead of two....I'll let you know how that goes. :)

gdziengel

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »

I get acute libido flashes. I started this technique two weeks ago but started "offically" yesterday.   I noticed the libido flashes about a week ago but didn't attribute them to the ELOO until I read about it on this forum.

I've noticed this too...thought it was a side effect of being able to fit into smaller clothes.  :-)  And my husband has been generous with the compliments.

I'm taking the sugar water because more than one swallow of oil makes me gag (and yes I'm working on it).  I've noticed that when I do get hungry, I get very hungry very fast.  It goes from a little hungry to lightheaded and dizzy much faster than it used to. 

As far as my mood goes, I have been a little more cranky, but I'm chalking that up to stress of moving which we're doing in a couple weeks.

terry

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »

About the shakiness issue, I'm beginning to think I may be having some sort of problem with hypoglycemia, too.  I have a physical scheduled for Friday and I'm going to ask my Dr. to give me testing for this.  Because I don't feel very hungry, I've really come to notice that feeling of shakiness when I don't eat enough or eat regularly.  I just feel really shaky and even somewhat disoriented like I can't think clearly.

Until I know for sure, I've been keeping small snacks with me so I can eat a little something being careful not to eat during my taste-fasting period.  That seems to be working great.

Good luck to all!  t.

porkypine

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 10:52:25 AM »

Another female side effect – I want to see if anyone else has this. For the past few weeks, I have had one symptom that usually only happens with PMS – pointless emotional crying. For example, I was looking at the food aisle at Target and started to tear up because all their food is so highly processed and therefore bad for people (!) Pointless, as I said. I have been on the same birth control (Nuva Ring) for the past 5 months so I know that’s not it. SLD is the only thing that has changed in my life.

Den

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:17 AM »

I've been doing SLD for 5 days now, and I did notice today that I either felt very hot, or really cold (so cold that I had to put the central heating on)  and I still had to but the fire on and sit right in front of it. Have also been extremely hungry today - no appetite suppression at all which is a real pain.

patigayle

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 01:49:21 PM »

I've been experiencing the dizzy feeling. Sometimes, I feel like I'm in some sort of dream. I was shopping at Walmart this week. I started getting dizzy and almost felt like I would faint. I had to sit down. This usually happens an hour or so after the oil. I do eat when I'm hungry, so I don't think I was starving or anything like that. :lol:

Sherrie

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 08:12:08 PM »

I've had the dizzy feeling a couple times too, but it usually goes away after I eat a little bit. I have been more short tempered also, but I thought it was because I quit smoking. My sleep has not improved.

akhdar

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 11:39:45 PM »

About the female issues -- I don't know if this is a female thing but I am THIRSTY all the time on the SLD. I'm guessing that my body has learned (in just these few days) to distinguish thirst from hunger! Ta-da. I used to never, ever get thirsty and would have to force myself to drink water. I still don't drink enough, but having my thirst signal return really helps!

xt92879

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 07:24:38 AM »

About the female issues -- I don't know if this is a female thing but I am THIRSTY all the time on the SLD. I'm guessing that my body has learned (in just these few days) to distinguish thirst from hunger! Ta-da. I used to never, ever get thirsty and would have to force myself to drink water. I still don't drink enough, but having my thirst signal return really helps!

I'm super thirsty too! It's crazy! I've found myself drinking cold water all the time. Something I never used to do much... Lots of times I walk to the fridge, look in for a minute & realize I'm not hungry...just thirsty.

JanetH

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 04:26:31 PM »

Add another sweaty broad to the list. I've been doing the diet for four days now -- had some trouble with the hypoglycemic-type symptoms that others here are reporting, but that went away when I switched from sugar water to oil. But I cannot believe the way I'm perspiring! -- it's warm but not hot here, yet the least physical exertion has me dabbing sweat out of my eyes and stripping off as many items of clothing as possible.

Also thirsty, as others here have reported. And my habit of sipping coffee all day long disappeared almost immediately -- I have two cups in the morning and then don't want any more.

Detoxifying, perhaps?

akhdar

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 04:51:55 PM »

Sounds like detoxifing, no? That's an interesting take, JanetH.

Since we are losing fat (cross your fingers) which holds toxins and also giving our digestive systems a bit of a break -- perhaps the body begins to release stored toxicity.

Just a thought.

Ann H

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 10:40:47 PM »

As we lose fat we should lose the related water as well. Maybe that's the sweating/peeing all the time. Or maybe we're just nuts. :)

Ann H

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 01:04:52 AM »

I noticed that over the weekend when I was only taking 165 calories I didn't have a problem with the hot flashes. Now that I've got my dosage back up to 360, I'm sitting here sweating and have been since the day after I resumed normal dosage.

Oy.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

oilee

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 10:02:30 AM »

I'm having a hard time understanding why that would happen.  It's just oil.  I go to Italian restaurants and dip my bread in oil.  I have cooked with oil.  I've eaten fried foods.  I'm not doubting you at all, I just don't understand how a food item that's a normal part of most people's diets could cause lethargy when consumed alone.

Gastric upset I can understand and have had.  I'll try fiber caplets, thanks!

It makes sense to me that there would be some lethargy from taking the oil. Granted, we don't get these side effects when we consume it with other foods, but I doubt there's much of an occasion where we would actually eat 1-2 tbsps at a time. I would wonder too, if the effects of the oil on its own in our systems would be more pronounced than when its in our gut with other foods that are more easily digestible. One of the reasons that i think this diet works is that fat (oil) is digested slowly, and is thus likely to slow us down a bit. Because it is digested slowly, it is also known to make you feel full longer.

I just started yesterday, taking 2 tbsps 2x day. I slipped up a bit last night, had water with a lemon in it 45 mins post-oil. hopefully that won't interfere much. the IDEA of taking the oil i find hard to deal with, and the immediate aftertaste is also a bit tough, but a few seconds later its fine. I'm not sure how i feel its going yet. i'll give it a few more days and see where my hunger is at.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

I noticed that over the weekend when I was only taking 165 calories I didn't have a problem with the hot flashes. Now that I've got my dosage back up to 360, I'm sitting here sweating and have been since the day after I resumed normal dosage.

Oy.

Just be aware that your body stores some amounts of fat soluable hormones in fat, and that they can be released when you lose weight, especially if the weight loss is rapid.  Usually the amounts are minor, but not for everyone.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18