Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Nosebleed?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nosebleed?  (Read 13726 times)

K-Mac

Re: Nosebleed?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 02:35:46 PM »

iron supplements make me throw up.
I wonder if that means I have enough iron in me.

Are you taking them w/ food?  I cannot take any vitamins or supplements without eating first.

The doctor had me get some plain saline nasal spray (non habit forming) to keep her nostrils hydrated.
We used the Afrin too.

The saline spray is awesome and cheap.  I suffer from allergies and I've been using saline for years.  Works really well.  But look out for Afrin.  Do not use it beyond what the instructions tell you to do.  I was addicted to Afrin from 8th grade until about the age of 27, when I finally got allergy tested.  Not only did it cause nosebleeds, but it made my sinus/allergy symptoms worse and caused me to need more of the Afrin.  I still use Afrin when I'm sick or something, just not very much for very long.

If the nosebleeds continue, you may ask your Dr about it.  During the winter months and when I was addicted to the Afrin, I would get nosebleeds and my Dr eventually cauterized the area that was bleeding.  It hurt while he was doing it, but it only hurt for a minute and it stopped the bleeding.

So there's my two cents.   :)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 05:36:09 AM »

No need for the Afrin or the saline nasal spray much anymore.
Still use the saline every once in a while.
But...
The new remedy of choice is a humidifier. Of course we only need one while the furnace is turned on. 
Right now the humidity is at 60% which, according the our humidity gauge is WAY past the "comfort zone"
I really can't wait for August :shock:
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

fitnessfreak

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 07:31:54 AM »

Are you the same girl who's hair was falling out too? Maybe you should have your physician really check you out. Get some measurements, body fat, weight checkup and overall health. Perhaps you need more protien (iron) in your diet / and yes - you should absolutely be taking supplements. I think Seth even suggests that. Drink healthy smoothies with vitamins added if taking pills makes you throw up.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »

Vitamins don't make me throw up, IRON supplements make me throw up.
You should see the vitamins I take every day  :shock: All together around 15, including fish oil, multi, fiber, B, C, enzymes, etc etc etc
Takes me 2 glasses of water to take them all  :lol:
My hair is also not falling out.  You must be thinking of someone else...

My well water is full of iron, which is why I think the extra iron makes me ill.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

fitnessfreak

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »

LOL! Yeah - I just read the hair falling out and nose bleed person on another post is now taking supplements. Sorry to confuse you. I know that I read Olive Oil is a great natural blood thinner for stroke victims. Interesting you are having nose bleeds.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18