sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you experience AS [appetite suppression], it's almost like a drug. You're not craving foods. Food is in the background - your other life is in the forefront. -- Deedee

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: New Application of Theory -- Extinguishing Conditioned Reinforcer (flavor)  (Read 62804 times)

andrea84

hmmm.  maybe i'll go ahead and try that koolaid idear

-Re-Started Oct. 30, 2008

conductor

Re: Maté Chocolatté by Guayakí
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 07:10:03 pm »

I was at Vitamin Shoppe today and picked up a very flavorful, good and healthy organic beverage with only 4 calories that might work for some trying this experiment in reverse SLD. It is called Maté Chocolatté by a company called Guayakí -

Amazon Grocery has it - I'm going to try it.

Sing to the Lord, all the earth.

anacara

I never felt any AS from drinking tea or any other flavorless calories; for me the "desiring strong flavors that have fewer calories" was really just a side-effect to my weight loss, or a natural phenomenon when I was skinny in the first place.  Somehow I really doubt that having strongly flavored virtually non-caloric foods would really do quite the trick, and probably in the long run be pretty bad for you, particularly if you were like, "well I'll just have really really salty stuff or really sweet stuff with artificial sweetener in it!!"  We've already been there for years with "diet" food, and clearly it doesn't work.

For any of you using diet soda for that, don't!  There are alot of studies done from ages ago that show that drinks lots and lots of diet soda is quite harmful for your body because of the artificial sugar.  I'm voting for flavorless calories all the way!  :)

Shinju Chan, I feel the same way as you on this.  I actually thought of trying it, but the only calorieless flavours I could think of were things that I consider extraordinarily unhealthy - diet soft drinks and the like.  Real sugar is bad enough; I don't want to go near any of the artficial sweeteners.

andrea84

I never felt any AS from drinking tea or any other flavorless calories; for me the "desiring strong flavors that have fewer calories" was really just a side-effect to my weight loss, or a natural phenomenon when I was skinny in the first place.  Somehow I really doubt that having strongly flavored virtually non-caloric foods would really do quite the trick, and probably in the long run be pretty bad for you, particularly if you were like, "well I'll just have really really salty stuff or really sweet stuff with artificial sweetener in it!!"  We've already been there for years with "diet" food, and clearly it doesn't work.

For any of you using diet soda for that, don't!  There are alot of studies done from ages ago that show that drinks lots and lots of diet soda is quite harmful for your body because of the artificial sugar.  I'm voting for flavorless calories all the way!  :)

Shinju Chan, I feel the same way as you on this.  I actually thought of trying it, but the only calorieless flavours I could think of were things that I consider extraordinarily unhealthy - diet soft drinks and the like.  Real sugar is bad enough; I don't want to go near any of the artficial sweeteners.

there are some diet drinks that are turning to splenda

-Re-Started Oct. 30, 2008

ZM

• Pete on the C2 wiki

Splenda's poison. http://suewidemark.com/splenda.htm  has some of the details.

There's really only one sweetener that's not horrible for you, and that's raw honey. And only really good raw honey, at that.
Fat ---- Me -------- Thin                    (Going back on ELOO)

Clarinette

Well, I am doing the Lemon or the Lime Water. I don't think that it is unhealthy. I am back down and I didn't feel hungry yet. But I am not a example. My body and metabolism is so stupid..Dumb lol. I take the lemon water with food and without food all day but I don't respect the window of two hours. That window thing, definitely get me sick. My brain don't want to take it. So no Window anymore just the drinkin' all day.

mpq

• PA USA

iI always drink tea, or  ti sane( :D Peter, I'm learning), without sweetener. If I started drinking it with meals, think this would work? And would I have to always have the same flavor. By the way, does anyone know how many times it takes your body to make a flavor/calorie association with a new food?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

multimoe

iI always drink tea, or  ti sane( :D Peter, I'm learning), without sweetener. If I started drinking it with meals, think this would work? And would I have to always have the same flavor. By the way, does anyone know how many times it takes your body to make a flavor/calorie association with a new food?

mpq, unsweetened tea is what I am using now, with and between meals.  It hasn't been that long so time will tell, but I am pretty sure I noticed something different since I made the connection.  With regard to different flavours,  I only know that the calorie-less flavour that you have between meals (of course, never in the SLD flavour-free window)  should be the one you had with meals.  Don't know yet how many calorie-less flavours you could use in this way, or how long it takes for an association to form.  I hope someone knows this. 

I don't consider this an experiment at all, but part of what SLD now allows us to do: get appetite suppression from calorie-less flavours (or, I suppose, low-calorie flavours) if done correctly.  I only know that there is no harm in this, and once I get my head around it, I intend to work it into my daily routine in a way that becomes second nature, just the way my husband (unknowingly...grrr) did.  I will keep you informed. (Excuse all the 'I'  'I' 'I's)  I would hope that this could help someone else, too.   Trina

Clarinette

MPQ,
I will tell you what I think but I know that I am very ignorant in the matter. As long as you take some tea or the tisane while eating and in between the meal it would work. I think that you can change your flavor as long as you are going to drink it during and between meals... I am not sure though if it would stop the process of AS if you change flavors. That will be to experience for me.  

For how long that it would take to work, I would say that for me again it was instantly lol but I am not a good example at all... lol For me it worked the first minute I did it as the Oil or SW did. I am not doing any windows time though. I am just sipping during and between meal my Lemon water...no matter what.

shemsheli

CORRECTION:
Seth's innovative idea is already perfect.  I am the imperfect one.  See, this is why I do not post much--afraid of saying the wrong thing.

If you say a lot of things, then sometimes they will be new and interesting, and sometimes they will be wrong.  And if you say very little, you and we are losing out.  Sometimes you're wrong.  That's life.  IT's okay.

SS

Seth Roberts

• Administrator

HUSBAND:  Started Oct./06, with 15 lbs. to lose. Always drinks Kool-Aid (reduced sugar) with and between meals.  AS?  Never hungry; cravings gone, gone, gone; often misses meals (unheard of for him before SLD—had to have breakfast upon arising, now cannot even eat til noon); happily considers SLD part of his life; never worries about weight now, just knows that is is slowly decreasing and is confident it will stay that way. (Grrrrr!)

yeah, that would be the way to do it. You can think of the Kool-Aid as soaking up some of the dangerous (i.e., fattening) calorie signals generated by the meal and then getting rid of their dangerous byproduct -- a flavor-calorie association -- by having the Kool-Aid between meals without calories.

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.

Do you think this would work with, say,  lemon in water?  Australia is a Kool-Aid free zone !

multimoe

CORRECTION:
Seth's innovative idea is already perfect.  I am the imperfect one.  See, this is why I do not post much--afraid of saying the wrong thing.

If you say a lot of things, then sometimes they will be new and interesting, and sometimes they will be wrong.  And if you say very little, you and we are losing out.  Sometimes you're wrong.  That's life.  IT's okay. 
SS

Thank you shemsheli

multimoe

Do you think this would work with, say,  lemon in water?  Australia is a Kool-Aid free zone !

magpie, it's not about Kool-Aid, as such.  It could be: soft drinks, if you are into that; unsweetened tea, coffee, or any calorie-free flavour that you would have with and between meals.  I am trying black decaf coffee now, but am starting to think I may have to go with something like Kool-Aid (no sugar or low sugar), or diet soft drinks.  Still trying to get this right.

Clarinette

Magpie,

I am drinking Lemon Water during and between meals. It seems to work for me. I am making the lemon taste a little stronger during the meal and reduce a little the lemon content in between the meals to make sure that I taste the Lemon during the meals.  I was not hungry again today. Didn't crave anything at all and I feel great.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18