Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Application of Theory -- Extinguishing Conditioned Reinforcer (flavor)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: New Application of Theory -- Extinguishing Conditioned Reinforcer (flavor)  (Read 102763 times)

Clarinette

I have another taught that I have to share... lol
If it is the taste that does the trick because of the associate to food while eating.... We could at the limit, put on our tong just something that as a taste while eating and in between meal and it would work... We might not need to eat it!!!!  :shock:......Maybe lol  :P.... We are going to invent a taster stick... lol

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.

4 days, 4 pounds down.      OK, don't get too excited,

Are you KIDDING - who wouldn't be excited!  

Doug

Yeah, I've been doing this since last monday, and I've lost over five pounds.  The past couple months my apetite has been absolutely ravenous, and I had put on about 20 pounds with no sign of slowing.  Even 6 tablespoons of flax oil had no AS effect, and I felt like I had lost all willpower.   Then I remembered the kool-aid I had been drinking the last time I lost a bunch of weight.

I started on monday, and it was like flipping a switch.  The whole week it was MUCH easier for me to avoid the candy jar, and eat healthy meals.  Then, I was busy friday, and almost went the whole day without eating anything.  I felt a little hungry, I guess, but I wasn't bothered enough to stop what I was doing to eat.  Then on Sunday, I went to a place I go frequently, and ordered a hamburger and fries, as usual.  I ate half the hamburger and a couple fries and I was STUFFED.  I couldn't eat another bite.  Usually I finish everything, and then agonize over whether or not I should get dessert.  I haven't been doing any flavorless calories at all, and I haven't been paying particular attention to when I drink the koolaid, except that when I get the urge for a snack, I do go take a couple swigs first to see if that takes care of it, which it usually does.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is having trouble with the oil.

Doug

By the way, the Kool-Aid is absolutely delicious, not unpleasant at all.  It tastes sour the first couple times you drink it if you are accustomed to soda or regular koolaid, or other sweet drinks, but after a couple days you'll get used to it and begin to love it.  I use the cherry and black cherry flavors.

Clarinette

Doug,

That was a great post that you started. I couldn't do the Oil, I couldn't do the SW it was too strong for me but I can do the Lemon Water but very little by little. Everything else was too strong. So thank you Doug again for your sharing..

Marianna

Doug--are you doing unsweetened Koolaid??

Doug

I buy the unsweetened (add your own sugar) packets.  The instructions call for one cup of regular sugar, but I use only 1/4 cup of pure fructose.  (I originally said 1/3, but I'm now only using 1/4). 

The instructions also say makes 2 quarts.  I fill the pitcher up with 2 liters, which is a tiny bit more, and then use it to fill four half-liter waterbottles.  I make a whole bunch all at once, which I then drink throughout the week. 

At 15 calories per teaspoon of sugar (12 teaspoons in 1/4 cup), that is about 180 calories for the whole pitcher, and 45 calories per half-liter bottle.  The same amount of Coke has 210 calories.

Marianna

Thanks Doug--that is very helpful--

Clarinette

I can't do it anymore.  :shock:
It is still too strong for me as effect.
Hmmmm............ As I said in a other post. Since everything work so well for me... Maybe socking my THUMB would do! Heh!  :shock: :?

Ann H

I'm not trying this yet, as I just had a 2-week guest (American friend coming to experience tropical Malaysia) and now am getting back on track with the "normal" method first. However, I had some thoughts about flavor thingies that might work and be somewhat healthy:

-small cinnamon chips (just a few mm across and long: don't take too much cinnamon)
-a few Indian-munchie seeds (they usually mix anise and fennel)
-one drop of (organic) peppermint oil in either lemon water, tea, or H2O
-licorice sticks (real twigs)--but again, don't use too much of that one.
-fresh mint leaves, if you're so lucky as to have it
-dried citrus rinds (orange, dried persian limes if you can stand them ;) etc)
-dried Chinese sour plum thingies

-what else? Of course you'd likely need to choose one and be consistent...

I think this approach is interesting. It seems to go along with regular (and slim!) users of cigarettes, black tea/coffee, munchy natural stimulant things (betel nuts, coca leaves, etc) as far as flavor--but minus the stimulants. Interesting...

Clarinette

Ok, Tonight I taught of something else.....

I think that I would need to take some calories in the beverage taking during meals and in between. A little calories would maybe still give me AS if taken during the meal and in between but it might also minimized my brain réaction. As Doug and Trina's husband....they are taking Kool-aids with little calories in it....
Hmmmm something else to try.....  :shock: :?
I'll wait a couple of days I think. My brain is tired to feel a little stone ... lol I will find the answer, I will find it, or if not me somebody else will do :) I wonder if sugar would be the thing to add in my lemon water??

mpq

• PA USA

I'm really trying to follow this thread, but I am becoming very confused. Could someone please put these ideas into an organized outline? For instance, step one would be associating some calorie free, full flavor substance with food. (drink lemon water with food)
step 2, follow 1 hour flavor free window, etc.
I would like to try this, but just not certain how.  :(
thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Clarinette

mpq,

This was my explanation to Marianna about how I am doing it. But I am not doing any Oil, SW etc. so it might be a little different for you if you are doing the Oil... But MpQ, for me it is still too strong. lol I have to find something less strong than that and I will find it.

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=4049.msg43297#msg43297

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

Just like mpq, I'm very confused, but interested, since I'm one of those for whom SW and oil didn't give much AS. Can anyone sum it up for us please plase please? i've tried to read the thread from thebeginning, but "reinforced conditioners" and stuff are too heavy for me right now (thank the chilledl white wine I drank at lunch with the fresh grilled sardines)  :lol: Hah, excuses, I'm just not too bright  :lol: Anyways, I'm totally lost here, isn't flavorful low-calories the principle of low fat/low sugar/ light foods? And where has it gotten us as a obese society? We've been pigging on that stuff for more than 10 years. Therefore, I think I got it all wrong. What am I missing?  :?

PS: Like Clarinette I'm not doing oilor SW water, so I really want to try ot. OTOH I've been sipping all day on a liter water with mixed fibers and diuretic plants, and I'm down to my lowest weight ever and a notch thinner in my belt. That must mean something too... That concoction has around 60 cal. Does this fit into your theory?
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Clarinette

Pinkmug,

Wow, you lost some weight? Great whoopee! You that was stuck for a while. I am happy for you.
I lost 2 pound in 6 days myself and did the Water Lemon for 4 days and pass two days...For me it is still strong but I will find my formula that will make me feel good. I think that as long as the drink would be low calorie and tasteful it would work. I am planing to make mine a little more calorific to help to lower my unpleasant physical effects.  I'll probably add two tea spoon of sugar in my Lemon Water and I'll go from there... I am not doing any Oil, SW, or having any kind of 2 hours Window and it still work ... but again, I personally can't do it everyday but It work for sure... :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18