Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Application of Theory -- Extinguishing Conditioned Reinforcer (flavor)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: New Application of Theory -- Extinguishing Conditioned Reinforcer (flavor)  (Read 104569 times)

losing-it

One reason lemon water may be working also is because it stimulates contractions in the intestinal muscle that speed toxin elimination by liver and lymph systems; hot water stimulates gastric nerves for efficient detoxification. This information is from the lymph-stimulating Fat Flush Cleanse by reknowned nutritionisht, Anne Gittleman, PhD.  I believe that raw apple cider vinegar has the same effect...which may help flush the fat from liver and as it is released in fat-loss, as well as to alkalinize the body.

She also recommends unsweetened cranberry juice diluted in pure water for liver detoxification (and flaxseed). Cranberry-water is another flavored beverage you could sweeten with stevia or Xylitol for low/no cal SLD flavor experiments. Here is the link to the information posted to the forum earlier about the Fat Flush for liver:

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=4126.msg39397#msg39397

By the way, I've been drinking the cranberry water, but not in a flavor-free zone. I've still been plateaued, not losing pounds currently...I've not done the fat-flush diet to date.

Clarinette

I tried it too with Diet Coke and it work too....

Talking Rat,

I really think that you would not need to care anymore if the taste stay in your mouth or not. I think that as long as you do some of the calories-less flavor with and between meals it would work. But again, I just don't know much but I just feel it physically in my body and knows what it does. Hard to explain. I am not too much of an intellectual but a practitioner...I practice the calories-less flavors but I can't explain them...lol I am the one that turn the switch on and can't explain why it work, but I know that when that switch is up it will work :)...not very smart the girl....

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.

...not very smart the girl....  
Pah! Plenty smart enough to figure out this lemon water thing.... and besides, princesses never worry about how things work. If the world was full of only intellectuals - where would we all be!!  Probably sitting in a cave somewhere - give me a "doer" any day! :)

TalkingRat

Clarinette, I think you have made very smart observations!  You figured out that you could sense it in your brain,  so you have a better way to know what works than the rest of us.  So, what does it feel like inside your brain, when the switch is up?  I'm very curious, because I can sense a few things that others can't, too. 

And ha, about the diet coke.  I lost that "bad" habit a few years ago, and was fighting its return recently.  Maybe I can give in to the dark side.

Clarinette

Talking Rat,

You know also what I realised? I know, it's been a little time but I realised that If I eat with Diet Coke lets say and go from there for my day, I will have a good AS. The day After I can do Lemon Juice..... as long as I eat with it my meal and drink it in between the meals the AS will be present,  But again, I will have to study that one more than a couple of time.

What does it feel inside my brain..... If I do a tiny little too much of SLD's calories or calories-less it feels as if I was on a strong medication that was not good for me. My skin in my face will start to burn, my face will be red, I will be hot and I am having a pressor in my head-face-neck-stomack. I can feel that it is all related. Lets say if I pull my stomach in I would feel it in my head-face-neck too as a strong pressor. I think that it does affect my blood supply too. Very weird but so much there. As I said to my sister, I think that I am sensitive of the brain... ! Not sure if it is a good thing! lol

TalkingRat

Clarinette, so you have AS even before you did the non-calorie flavor?  I wonder if it has something to do with acidity -- lemon, diet coke, apple cider vinegar, kool-aid, coffee, tea  -- all acidic.  Wouldn't it be great if they are interchangeable, so diet coke with breakfast gets the benefit of the lemon without food the day before.  I'm thinking of this because of my breakfast experience, which had the coffee (also acidic) with it.  Yesterday I sipped a mild ACV drink a few times, away from calories. 

Now I'm off to explore the world of pH in foods, although I get confused by it -- I read that drinking vinegar makes the body more alkaline, even though it's an acid, and  I don't understand how that works.

Clarinette

Talking Rat,

I think that it could be interchangeable. I wonder if we can change them during the same day but it is something to try... lol Maybe there is something to do with acidity... very good observation but I still think that it would be to be consume during and between meal. I 'll tell you why. For many years ,I took Apple Cider Vinegar in Water twice a day and I never experienced the feeling that I can feel when I have AS. I was having one glass in the morning before my coffee and one glass at night before bed time.

TalkingRat

Yes, I think so too, both during and between meals.   Since I felt stuffed before I'd done both things, it suggested to me that it may be generalized acidity, and that the acid beverage I had between meals yesterday made me feel full when I had an acid beverage with my meal this morning.   

Clarinette

Well,
As you said, You are very sensitive to flavors. Maybe your Vanilla Water was associated to you food finally.

I wonder if Asparthame Water would do lol......It think it would...  :shock:

TalkingRat

Aspartame does have a flavor to me, but it gives me a headache.  I've been so long without AS, if the acid things work, I will be in heaven.

Clarinette

I was just joking with the Asparthame water . That would be terrible, but at the limit any produce with asparthame would work. And if Asparthame have a taste, that is what you want. Like if I take diet coke for lunch...does diet gum will work for me for the AS? Do you follow me?

TalkingRat

I think I follow you, but I don't taste aspartame when it's hidden by another flavor.  I taste it in a diet coke but not in my peppermint gum, where the peppermint overwhelms it.   It could be the amount, I don't get headaches from the gum.   I'm going to start with this acid thing.  I had a V-8 at the end of lunch, and again got stuffed.  I need to try my acid at the start of my meal, so I stop eating sooner.   :)

Clarinette

That is kind of fun to think about all that. I am now very happy to be a part of it. I didn't want to loose my AS. I am so lucky that Doug and Trina mention the whole thing about the Calories-Less flavours...Thank you to you for sharing...and to Seth that figured out all this theory behind the AS...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:08:49 AM by Clarinette »

losing-it

Another flavored beverage to try with little-no calories would be mugicha -- Japanese roast barley tea (tisane), usually served as an iced tea, but can be consumed hot. It has no caffeine. Also Korean Oksusu cha which is from steeped roast barley and corn kernels

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugicha

To live forever drink jiaogulan tea  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiaogulan

Also, for lo-cal flavor and to live forever use: Goji berries: LyciumTibetica/Lycium barbarum/Wolfberries -- or in Japan, they are called kuko kajitsu. One thing I like to do is to steep about 15-25 goji berries in hot water as a tisane. I add a little stevia for sweetness, and sometimes use them in Rooibos (African redbush) tea (tisane) or other hot concoctions. Goji berries do have calories (about 90 calories per 1/4 cup (so there are not many calories in 15-25 berries). They are similar to raisins in size, but are not as sweet and flavorful. They taste best, to me, when they are reconstituted by soaking in hot water -- but I'd always drink the steeping water if I use them for oatmeal or something else, since they are very rich in antioxidants. Very flavorful and healthy as a hot beverage.

http://www.astrologyzine.com/himalayan-goji-berries.shtml

http://www.raysahelian.com/rooibos.html

TalkingRat

OK, so I'm 4 days into this, and how do I feel about it?   :mrgreen:   :mrgreen:   :mrgreen:

It confused me that the coffee flavor worked at my first meal, but I was already accustomed to having coffee "between," so the stuffed feeling came when I added the  with meals part.  Any relatively calorie-less flavor should work, and if you're accustomed to it, it may work sooner.  For apple cider vinegar (ACV) flavor, it takes just enough to be noticeable without being unpleasant.  I am using about 1 teaspoon per pint of water; I like it with crushed ice.

I thought because I have become so super-sensitive to smell/flavor, that I'd need a window so flavor could count as "between,"  but it works without thinking about timing.   No matter how my body counts the flavor, it's working either as "between" or "with,"  and I need both.  Even the timing of "with" is not that critical.  I had half an apple for a snack and then peppermint gum, and was instantly "stuffed!"   That means I can enjoy the flavors of a meal and then add the flavor that stuffs me.  The sense of being full is so fast-acting, one could fine-tune when the flavor is added.  And as Clarinette has said, you can stop flavor whenever you feel too full.  More flavor holds off hunger, but 50 calories with flavor may stop hunger completely.

The feeling is somewhat different than SLD, so far anyway.  With SLD, AS has two qualities, "full" and  "not hungry."  With calorie-less flavor, my hunger comes back at regular intervals.  Yesterday, I noticed more indifference to food, so maybe the "not hungry" part is still coming.  I've lost my insane carb attraction, and am interested in protein.  I guess that's different, too; with SLD, it was fruits and vegetables.  With SLD, "full" was more subtle, and I usually needed to pause so it had a chance to register.  With calorie-less flavor, I'm utterly stuffed, seconds later.   

4 days, 4 pounds down.   8)   OK, don't get too excited, it was a spike, but for 3 months my spikes have only paused and climbed higher.  I save 360 calories without my ELOO, which I am sure was counting as flavored calories.  But I will keep some of the "good oil" benefit.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18