I ran into this diet last night on the internet. Today, I ordered the book, but figured there was enough information given that I could start it before I read the book.
I'm 5 foot 10, 221 pounds, smoke, and I drink either diet coke or tea continuously from the time I get up. After dinner, I switch to iced water, but I always have a glass of something sitting on my desk (at home or work). I also had a thyroidectomy and since then (over a decade ago), have not had much success with diets, but have maintained this weight for years. I'm really curious if this will work for me. I don't much care what I weigh as much as what my pant size is. I am currently in a size 16 and would like to get down to a size 12.
Today, I watched what I did (drinking and eating) through out the day to find out what would be the best time to take my 2 doses of oil. I drive an hour to work, so I gave up the "drive home diet coke" and took the oil right when I got home (GAG!). I didn't read about the smoking until after I had taken the oil. I had a cigarette on the way home, so I figure that I've already messed up.
After analyzing my day, I came up with the following. And this doesn’t really vary through out the week. I’m rather anal and very habitual. While habits themselves are not hard to break, I need to replace that habit with something else – the thought that I’ll be replacing it with oil gives me the shivers. My weekend schedule is different, so I’ll have to jot that down when it comes.
8:00 AM – Get up. Diet coke and a cigarette while I read my email
8:15 AM - Shower
8:30 AM – Cigarette and finish my diet coke and surf a bit online
8:45 AM – Get dressed
8:55 AM – Leave the house with a fresh diet coke for the drive to work.
9:55 AM – Get to work, grab a new diet coke and a pastry for breakfast.
12:00 PM – First break – new diet coke and a cigarette
2:00 PM – Lunch – New diet coke, 1 smoke, leftovers from the family’s dinner the night before, and another smoke
3:00 PM – Back at my desk with a new diet coke
5:00 PM – Second break – grab some chips, fresh diet coke and smoke a cigarette.
7:00 PM – Grab a diet coke and head home. A smoke or two on the way.
8:00 PM – Iced tea, a smoke, maybe a snack if I’m hungry, but most times not.
9:00 PM – I’m on water now, but I’m smoking.
Giving up smoking is not an option. I’ve tried and failed miserably. Setting a new routine and being stressed spells failure from the start. I would much rather try to give up some of my diet cokes. I didn’t realize how many of them I drank until I wrote it down.
I can’t eat for an hour after I wake up due to the synthroid that I take in the morning. Eating at home is not an option unless I get up an hour earlier, which can be an option if need be.
So, I have some questions so that I can figure this out:
1. If I get up at 5 or 6 and chug some oil and then go back to bed, will this be beneficial at all, or am I defeating the purpose of this? I certainly won’t be smoking a cigarette or drinking a diet coke at that time.
2. I need breakfast, but I don’t necessarily need the diet coke. If I eat breakfast before I sit down to the computer and drink water until 11:00 AM, it would be exactly an hour without food. I could chug the oil at 11 and be fine for a cigarette at noon break.
3. Ditto number 2 at the 5 o’clock break. Skip the chips and diet coke, have water and take the oil at 6:15. Skip the 7 o’clock diet coke and have iced tea when I get home…
4. Because the thyroid controls metabolism, and I don’t have a thyroid, is this not a good choice for me?
5. When I took the oil tonight, I got a buzz or a tingling - not sure how to describe it. Is this normal and how long before the nausea goes away?