Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Jane Ann's progress in 4 weeks, start weight 135lbs, now 127.5 lbs

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jane Ann's progress in 4 weeks, start weight 135lbs, now 127.5 lbs  (Read 13546 times)

Jane Ann

Hi, I started on May 4. 2 tbsp light oil per day.  Sugar water makes me ravenous.  I tried that on May 3.

I am 50 years old and weighed 135 when I started.  I have a small frame.   I was at 170 for about 20 years and lost down to 120 in 2002 by eating 1200 -1500 calories (approx.) per day and exxercising (weights and aerobics.)  I kept the weight off and ate 1800-2000 calories most days (working out approx 5 days/week)  until my mom and mother in law both passed away at the end of 2004.  That's when the emotional overeating really kicked in and it's gotten progressively worse since then.

The oil has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE in my cravings.  It's a miracle, as far as I'm concerned.

I am counting calories and averaging 1200-1500 per day (that is counting the oil.)

I still get hungry, but it takes less food to satisfy me (just like Seth says.)  Starting yesterday, I noticed an even more dramatic reduction in appetite.

I have lost 5 pounds. (I'm sure it is mostly water weight but my tummy looks smaller.) Yay!  I would like to lose 5-10 more lbs.

Incredible. I am a big time stress eater, so even though I still have those urges, they are not near as strong.  I was waaaaaaay emotionally overeating before I started this.  I have had two days since I started where I way overate, one of those days I didn't do any oil.

I am not exercising near as much these days, just walking right now.  I am on my feet at my job approx 4 hours a day.

I will update next week!

:D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 05:09:11 AM by Jane Ann »

Jane Ann

Re: Jane Ann's progress in two weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 06:06:11 AM »

May 21, I'm at 129 lbs.  Food cravings and desire to eat when not hungry are soooo much easier to manage w/ the oil.  Want to add I am post menopausal, so it has been much harder to lose weight the past couple of years.  The appetite "blunting" from the oil is amazing.

Best of luck to everyone else.  This forum is extremely helpful. 

:D       :)

mjohnson121

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:21:29 AM »

Thats great progress, keep it up!

-Mark

Latoretta

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:24:18 AM »

Your story sounds like mine Jane Ann, and I'm inspired by you.  I want to lose 10 lbs. I'm 5'6" 142 and want to get down to 132.  I've always felt best between 132-134.  I don't like the tight pant feeling.  I just did the first tablespoon of Canola this morning, and am wondering if I should do the sugar water around 3:00 when I'm usually craving something to eat & drink?  Or should I just stick with the oil, though I think I'll try chugging it down in water next time.  I still feel the somewhat oilness in my mouth still, and it's been over an hour, and I've been sipping on water.  I would think it would be harder to lose when you don't have that much to lose.  But I certainly am giving it a try for two weeks.  Any words of encouragement?

Jane Ann

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 07:43:50 PM »

Your story sounds like mine Jane Ann, and I'm inspired by you.  I want to lose 10 lbs. I'm 5'6" 142 and want to get down to 132.  I've always felt best between 132-134.  I don't like the tight pant feeling.  I just did the first tablespoon of Canola this morning, and am wondering if I should do the sugar water around 3:00 when I'm usually craving something to eat & drink?  Or should I just stick with the oil, though I think I'll try chugging it down in water next time.  I still feel the somewhat oilness in my mouth still, and it's been over an hour, and I've been sipping on water.  I would think it would be harder to lose when you don't have that much to lose.  But I certainly am giving it a try for two weeks.  Any words of encouragement?

Hi!  I can't do sugar water at all, it makes me ravenous.  I guess I'm really lucky, drinking the extra light olive oil doesn't bother me at all.  Weird, I know.  :shock:

I would say, despite my words above, I still get the urge to eat when I'm stressed, but I don't eat as much (or at all.)  Maybe a 150 calorie food instead of 500 cals like before. 

I actually lost 5 lbs in the first 4 days, then gained one, and stayed the same for about a week after that.  I'm sure most of that was water, but my clothes are fitting better.  I will be very happy if I lose one - two lbs a week.  That may be overly optimistic.

I hope you do wonderful with the SLD.  Keep us updated!!!!!!   :D      :)

Jane Ann

Re: Jane Ann's progress in 4 wks -- start 135lbs, now 127.5 lbs
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 05:07:56 AM »

That is a great weight loss for me -- a chronic emotional eater with big "food issues."

I switched from eloo to canola on Mon. May 29 and have gone frm 129 to 127.5 lbs since then.  Much less appetite on the canola, although I still get hungry, as everyone says, doesn't usually take much to fill me up.  I still have urges to eat when not physically hungry, but they are sooo much easier to manage on this plan.

This week I have been eating betw 1100-1200 cals most days, incl. 2 tbsp of oil.  I am now taking them together at approx 11:30am.  I would like to cut back, but am afraid to.  I will probably try going down to 1 1/2 tbsp. sometime soon and see what happens.

I expect to hit another plateau soon... most of the past 4 weeks was spent going betw 129 and 132 lbs up and down.  So even though I have had an excellent weight loss esp. for someone who has "less to lose" and also a 50 yr old post menopausal female  :D  I have def. experienced no weight loss during at least 2 of the 4 weeks.  I say this to encourage others who may be plateauing...don't give up!!   :P

I want to lose another six lbs or so.  I'll keep updating!    :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18