Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
nougat's journey

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 114   Go Down

Author Topic: nougat's journey  (Read 388298 times)

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
Re: nougat's journey
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »

I've lost about 2 kg in 8 weeks, easy peasy, except for the roller coster ride along the way!  That bit freaked me out big time!! I went down to 82.5 almost immediately then back up to 84 and now back to 83. (I'm only 5'5" )  I'm quite happy with that rate of weight loss, I think slow loss is best and it's not been hard - I'm just SOOO thrilled not to have constant hunger and cravings.

Is there a specific reason that you are using isio 1?

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2007, 01:48:57 AM »

I use Isio 4 too, I bought it because of the good balance of omega 3 vs omega 6, it's 60% canola, and the rest I don't remember. But when I tried to take it alone it grossed me too much. Now I only use it for cooking. Before, I was mixing it with flaxseed oil, but I'm giving up oils now for SLD.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2007, 02:14:54 AM »

I used isio 4 cos its what i usually use on salads etc and also as pinkmug said it seemed full of good things (and its done wonders for my dry skin)
rapeseed - oleisol (sunflower oil with high oleic acid) - sunflower - grapeseed - vitamin D.
per 100g - omega 6 - 26g - omega3 - 5g - vitE 60% rda - vitD 10% rda.

today is my 3rd day without 4ts of oil.  my breast pain is improved and i'm not nauseated.
today i started mixing fruit juice in water to drink throughout the day and also a fish oil capsule ( i looove my skin now!!)
i'm feeling hungry but perhaps it will take a while to get AS.  also if it lowers the set point in the long run oh well i will just have to live with it.  and anyway perhaps i had AS with the oil cos i felt nauseaus all the time.
magpie - i had accepted that the weight loss would be slow but when it started to go up again i just freaked out + all my sick feelings...ugh.
pinkmug what are you using instead of oils??  i know i've read your posts elsewhere but i've read so much i've forgotten who wrote what...(.age... :D )

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2007, 02:26:54 AM »

Nougat, It's been practically a year on SLD, and oils never gave me much AS. I tried sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, flaxseed oil, Isio 4, mixed them, even tried EVOO (no ELOO or 100% canola in Portugal). I don't think my body can handle oils well. I got the most AS with sugar water, and now with CFF (lemon water). Like Jenn says, I was just adding oil calories witht no counterpart of AS.

But I'm aware I'm in the minority of people here.

I'm also taking fiber powder and diuretic powder with water, during the day, and it acts as CFF. My AS has been good FINALLY! I had been avoiding the sugar water SLD, because of brain wash against sugar  :) CFF might work for me, but now it's PMS time and I won't know before a week or so how it's working.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 02:31:33 AM »

good luck pinkmug.  hope it will work for me too and i'llbe a cff girl too!!!

n

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2007, 02:38:47 AM »

i had accepted that the weight loss would be slow but when it started to go up again i just freaked out ...and do I ever know that feeling.  Really dreadful, sad, despondant.  I'm starting to learn though, that this is very common on SLD.

Clarinette

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2007, 01:43:13 PM »

I stop the Oil, I stop the SW, I stop the Nose clipping just to do CFF. I am still loosing weight. Not doing Oil, doesn't mean that you will gain weight Nougat. Just find the alternative for you. It work.  :)

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2007, 01:52:20 PM »

Well I am one more of those CFF advocates.  I never had AS that lasted this long or this good.  One thing though...when my weight dropped rapidly about 2 pounds in about 4 days....I had not been eating much and my appetite was a little bigger.  My weight must have caught up to my set-point.  So I ate a little more than usual and the next day I was back to my good old AS.
   CFF works. Especially for those who gave it a sincere go on the oil and hd no success.

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2007, 12:40:19 AM »

HUGS to all you lovely ladies for your encourgement!! :D

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2007, 06:04:20 AM »

:D end of week 6 and i've lost .8kg!!! :D
could the (almost) cff be working.....?

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2007, 07:03:47 AM »

end of week 7.
woke at 4am - went to the loo and hopped on the scales.  93kgs - down by .4kg!! yay!!
went back to bed.
woke at 6am - went to the loo and hopped on the scales.  93.4kgs!!!!  :x
so my ticker stays as it is this week.  its the revenge of the nutella jar.....

losing-it

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2007, 07:17:39 AM »

That Nutella is resident evil in a jar. I love the stuff. Even when I can't eat much chocolate on SLD - often even the thought of chocolate is too rich and sweet to consider -- yet I can eat Nutella. A couple weeks ago, I hid a jar of it in a pot so my husband wouldn't know about it and eat it. I'm pretty sure he found it, anyway. I was keeping it for my occasional sinful treat. Our family is born with "chocolate radar" - the (well-grown) kids and the grandkids can ferret it out from our cupboards in minutes when they are here. 

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2007, 07:24:53 AM »

my dad and i are the worst 2 chocolate sniffers!!
my mum gets duplo of something like that for my dad to 'discover'  or else he'll even eat jam straight out of the jar!
i only get the nutella for my youngest (yeah right)  but i dooo tend to get other choccies for both boys.  so the temptation in always there..darn!

lynnie

• Squeeze the day
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 04:05:10 AM »

Re chocolate , I find cadbury's addictive and i will eat until it runs out even tho I feel sick after a while. A locally made chocolate , higher quality has a much greater satisfaction and I find Ive had enough after a few bites.   The factory has a cafe attached and free chocolate tasting so its a dangerous place for the figure challenged
[i

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »

i'm the same with cadbury and nestle and lindt... :D all choccies!!  i can't bear to leave a bit behind.easier to resist the first bite.  dark chocolate does not have the same effect tho - or the same satisfaction! :?
tomorrow is my weigh day.  today i hardly ate anything cos i was out on errands most of the day.
these last few days i have not eaten anything in the afternoons/evenings.
please please please let the weight be DOWN!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 114   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18