Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
nougat's journey

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 114   Go Down

Author Topic: nougat's journey  (Read 378574 times)

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
Re: nougat's journey
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 07:47:49 PM »

but why why why doesn't my weight want to go down?

Excellent question! When you find out, let me know please.  I was down to 83.3 last two days ago, back up to 84 this morning. It's really depressing....I'm racking my brain to see what I need to do differently. :( :x  I'll just keep hanging in there for all the other benefits - hope you do too.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »

Hi Magpie

i've been having a read of messages and feel better.  ready to make the effort again.  i've been getting very dry skin (with increasing age i suppose)  especially 2 dry patches on my cheeks, elbows like sandpaper  and shins that shed flakes when i rub them.  but the oil seems to have done the trick there!!!  the dryness has all gone and my skin is lovely!!  i keep touching my elbows just to remind myself!  some significant weightloss would be nice tho too!! :)

Magpie

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »

I know exactly how you feel.  I'm off to buy a nose clip tomorrow.  Had a couple of spoonfuls of oatmeal which were left over from breakfast with my nose pinched tight and I'll be darned but the taste disappears. Weird! Well, it worked for others, so I'm hoping it will increase my AS too so I can start to decrease my ASS finally!

jillybabe

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »

It sounds as though you're doing really well nougat.  Overall you have lost & it must surely take a while to get out of the habit of comfort eating, even with AS....that's what I'm hoping anyway!  Good news about your skin too.

Marianna

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 07:06:27 AM »

hang in there--this is a mysterious process--one of the reasons I don't weigh myself is that my weight bounces completely around--but I keep putting on smaller and smaller clothes--many of us have noticed a bounce up before a bounce down--I would recommend not weighing and just doing SLD--see how you feel--

Magpie

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »

I would recommend not weighing and just doing SLD--see how you feel--

Marianna, I know that's the sensible thing to do but it's really hard to be patient when you're so desperate for results and so sick of being overweight, and when you have so much hope that SLD is the answer.  I just keep looking at the results of others and thinking of frenata's 5 month long plateau and realise that I have to hang in there, but I just so so wish the scale would start moving down.

Vronnie

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »

hi magpie I'm just wondering if you're tracking in fitday?

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 09:26:26 PM »

i try not to weigh myself but the scales entice me on!!  and i'm just sooo afraid its not going to work for me.  if i'd had a good chunk of weight come off and then stop for a bit i would not be so concerned its just that it hasn't got going yet!!!  so many lucky people lose lbs and lbs in just a few weeks and here i am into week 5  and it just seems to be going up again!!! :shock:
thank goodness for you lovely lovely people who are giving me so much encouragement.

Magpie

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 10:54:29 PM »

Vronnie, suppose I should but I know myself well enough to know that will drive me totally nuts and obsessional.  I'm not eating as much as I did before, but my AS is not at all strong.  Bought some nose clips today, I'll see if oatmeal a la frenata helps.

Vronnie

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 01:07:57 AM »

Magpie I notice that the more water i drink the stronger the AS gets...funny but true...I drink those 750ml pump bottles (convenient) x2 per day sometimes 3. I just notice if I'm slack with the water than I end up a lot hungrier...I haven't lost any weight yet either & I'm in my 5th week let's not despair.

Magpie

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 01:10:11 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement Vronnie.  I am drinking less than I was, maybe that's a factor.  More water can't hurt, I'll add that to the list!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2007, 10:48:05 PM »

Oh dear  :(
end of 5th week.  have gone down but i'm feeling awful.
could it be a coincidence? but i've been feeling nauseous .  just the thought of the oil turns my stomach.  on wednesday night i woke on the verge of chucking up and felt like that for 2 hours then i got a stomach ache and later cramps etc .  still feeling unwell-ish.  didn't take the oil yesterday nor will i today.  another thing, with my TOM i got really painful breasts and altho thats not the first time what is strange is that after, it didn't disperse. its only today after an oil-free day that its getting  better....perhaps i'm taking too much oil? 2T am and 2Tpm. perhaps its the particular oil  (isio 4)  perhaps i should try the sugar water?  but not too keen cos of problems with teeth.  or the drinking of cal-free drinks all day??  not too keen on all those sweeteners tho....
oh dear.....

Vronnie

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 10:53:05 PM »

nougat what's in isio 1?

Magpie

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 01:39:27 AM »

Nougat, I felt pretty awful around week 5-6, and now at week 8, it's better, but I still hate taking the oil.  As Frenata said, I look on it as "medicine" - 15 seconds of yuck for a whole lots of benefits - and I'm down to 83 kg this week (like you I'm doing 2T X 2 daily, ELOO). Hang in there and hope you feel better soon.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 12:55:29 PM »

Vronnie i will look tomorrow to see whats in the oil  - there was a whole thread about it.  i know its got omega 3 and 6 and is mixture of sunflower, grapeseed... or was that rapeseed??? i'll check tomorrow.
magpie i hope i'll feel better soon. i thought i had/have a tummy bug that's why i stopped the oil.  i've been starving hungry today without it tho did my best not to overeat.
so how many kilos have you lost? in how much time???  83kg sounds wonderful!! wish i was there!!! :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 114   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18