Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
nougat's journey

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 114   Go Down

Author Topic: nougat's journey  (Read 378443 times)

Nomdeplume

Re: nougat's journey
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04:50 AM »

I agree with Frenata, take care of the crisis.

Nom

Greenwood

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:43:13 AM »

Take care, and remember, there's nothing wrong with 0.4kg loss! That's terrific in fact!
It all adds up.
Female, age 40: started January 20, 2007

lvivianka

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 02:04:17 PM »

please accept my condolences. family first, diet later.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 05:38:52 AM »

Thank you for the advice and condolences.
 You are all very kind. 
It was being expected as he had been suffering from dementia for some years and was steadily deteriorating.  after xmas he took a turn for the worse.  it is still sad. 

n

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 01:39:12 AM »

END OF WEEK 3 -yesterday was my weigh-day and i've gone down by 0.4kg. which is about a pound i think. hmm. i think i have to resign myself to the fact that i'm going to lose the weight more slowly than i'd hoped.  but hopefully it will stay off when i finally get there.  i've also got to keep off the scales cos i keep getting the weight going up and down. on wednesday i was 94.4!!! thursday 93.6!!
what i must say is that i rarely get hungry.  i don't get cravings.  i feel full much quicker.  the thing i'll be dying for is a cup of tea!!  with the shangri-la method i feel i don't need to make drastic changes to my life i don't have to deny myself any item - its just i don't feel like them.  or when i do i just have a small piece and feel satisfied.
today is my birthday (47)  and when i went to buy fresh bread from the corner shop i looked at all the chocs and sweets and crisps and told myself i could have a treat.....but i didn't fancy anything!!!  this for me is amazing - to be able to look at all those sweeties and not feel like any of them.  before sld i would have chosen half a dozen items and eaten them all in half an hour( :oops:) unbelievably i can eat one little choccie from the box and not be bothered by the rest!!! it is absolutely amazing to be free from this...addiction.  thanks dr.Roberts.  a heartfelt thanks.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 02:18:18 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOUGAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

cake just for decoration - thanks to SLD it won't water your mouth -- I had the same reaction as you, now I look at pastries and they don't smile at me any longer  :lol:

CARPE DIEM - enjoy your day! You are special and you deserve it!!!   8)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Vronnie

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 02:23:25 AM »

Fantastic nougat, you've lost 1.8kg in no time at all...even with stressful happenings. That's a little over 4 lbs I think...your doing very well (I'm jealous can you tell?)

Vronnie

losing-it

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 05:06:35 AM »

Hey nougat, happy birthday~ I know it must be a happy one with the gift of a pound loss and the changes in appetite you are experiencing. Hooray! It is slower than I'd hoped, too, but in my heart I know that it is normal and healthier to lose weight slowly -- in fact, it can be unhealthy to lose it quickly, and less successfully kept off. The thing I feel about SLD (and my co-diet, JUDDDD) is that there is now away to keep excess weight off for the rest of life.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »

Ha! Looks like you got a birthday present from Seth, nougat!  :) (My 47th is coming up soon, soon, soon).
Running weight tally:

Terri

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 10:36:48 PM »

thank you thank you thank you to you all!! Pinkmug, Vronnie, losing-it, Frenata and Terri thank you so much for your kind wishes and encouragement!!! :D
on 2 occasions i've followed strict diets and lost once 15kg and once 10kg - but  after approx 3 months i'd hit a plateau and was so discouraged and feeling low that i'd turn to comfort eating again and lo and behold the kilos all came back and brought their friends with them!!!  seeing all your amazing results i feel that even when the plateau time comes i'll be able to get over it without ruining all the hard work.
thank you all for being here - you are fantastic!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 02:40:34 AM »

This time round it will be different  :) Keep us informed on your 4th week results!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

losing-it

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 06:29:44 AM »

nougat, read this thread on the blue part about plateaus. It might help when those hit to remember the reason for plateaus (your body adjusts, and also attempts to keep itself from too rapid a weight reduction, and that can be a good thing):

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=4430.0

I've lost 30 lbs in the past - at least twice, and hit plateuas, giving up. I kick myself now for getting discouraged, as I could be at my ideal weight NOW had I kept up my exercise and nutritional plan back then...and it would probably have come off a little faster (as it had, by experience) - slightly older now, more meds and health related stuff that may make the progress slower now. You'll get there...just stay on track, thick or thin. Like a marriage. For better or worse, richer or poorer, weight gain or weight reduction...I DO.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 07:04:53 AM »

losing- it thanks for the thread i will read it as soon as i've posted here.
pinkmug thanks for the encouragement.

today is the end of 4th week BUT  as its TOM (and yes i weighed in and did not like the result  :()
i'm going to start weighing myself on a saturday :)!!!
and the weekend is the time when i  weaken a bit so hopefully a good result will inspire me to be careful of what i eat.

i'm off to read that thread about plateaux now...........

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »

well i weighed myself on saturday and i've gone up!!! 94.6 again...and i still have the AS etc.  in fact i've started to feel nauseaous.  i've developed an aversion to the oil.  all i have to do is look at the little glass i use and my stomach turns.  but i still take it (with a little sugar) and i still have AS but i've been a bit down these last few days and oooh ooooooh.... these last 2 weekends i've given in to comfort eating twice.  but of course that added soooo many more calories.  i didn't really feel like it - it was just a habit - but why why why doesn't my weight want to go down?
 :(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 114   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18