Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
SLD start, 7/25 163, 7/27 160.2

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SLD start, 7/25 163, 7/27 160.2  (Read 4997 times)

madisongirl

SLD start, 7/25 163, 7/27 160.2
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:04:24 AM »

Hi there,

I thought I'd track my progress publicly, to help Seth and others learn what works and what doesn't on the diet.--Update--I've modified this to conform to Rey's appetitate rating scale.

My stats:  Female, 36, 163 lbs to start, 5' 7 and 3/4" (ok, it's close to 5'8"), medium frame size. clothing size 14, % Body fat, per my bathroom scale which probably isn't accurate except for relative change, 37%, # of calories needed to maintain weight per said scale, 2300.  Per hight weight charts, I'm roughly 20 or so lbs overweight.

Goal:  145 (on days when I feel ambitious) 150 (on less ambitious days)

Background:  I eat a semi-vegetarian diet, and I read tons and tons of nutrition and diet books.  I've also attempted Weight Watchers, which did get me down to 150 lbs, temporarily, about 2 years ago.  I know a lot about dieting and nutrition, but I REALLY have a HARD TIME putting it into practice.  I love chocolate and sweet baked goods.  My job is very stressful (teaching high school) so I thought summer, when I'm only taking classes and not around food treats at work, would be the time to do this.  Also, my husband and I are planning to try to get pregnant beginning in September, and I'd really like to lose the extra weight before them, so that I'm only fighting 20-30 lbs post-baby (well, if we're lucky enough to get pregnant) rather than 40-60 lbs.  Oh, I do Jazzercise 2-3 times a week (it's really fun!).

General plan: I'm really concerned about maintaining proper nutrition, and avoiding muscle-loss as much as possible.  So, I'm combining the home-made, high-protein and fruit meal replacement smoothies from the LA Shape diet with (hopefully!!) the appetite suppression of SLD.  The smoothies range from 300-350 calories and I'm using them to replace breakfast and lunch.  I tried LA Shape once before, but cheated constantly during the school year.  I'm aiming for fairly quick weight loss, because I can rarely sustain a diet for very long.

Starting SLD dosage:

1.5 Tbsp ELOO, split into 1 Tbsp in the morning 1 hour after breakfast, 1/2 Tbsp at night 1 hour after dinner, taken with 2T cold water and shaken really well together so it tastes mostly like water (it's the only way I seem to be able to tolerate the oil--I almost threw up when I took it straight).  I do have a little stomach discomfort from the oil.

3 Tbsp sugar mixed into hot water taken immediately after the morning oil dose.  I was hoping to reduce the glycemic affect of the sugar by pairing it with the oil in this way.

Appetite suppression with this plan, at roughly 1700 calories per day, on a scale of 0 to 10:  5.  I think it may have helped me turn down some chocolate chip cookies on days 1 - 2, which someone brought to our very long class.  I'm not as hungry as I would expect to be, but I am still experiencing some hunger.  (Still, this isn't bad, because I really fear the crazy-cranky hunger phase).

Weight by day 3:   160.2, loss of 2.8 lbs, % Body fat still 37% (I realize that this weight loss is probably from having less food in my body and less water as well since less is needed to process food. 2 days is too fast to lose any fat. That said, yay.)

New SLD dosage:

Tomorrow I will increase oil to 2T, maintain 3T sugar, still dosing at midmorning and evening.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:06:50 PM by madisongirl »

madisongirl

admistrator, can you move my post?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 12:09:28 PM »

Hi there,

I think I should have posted this to the tracking board, managed by Rey, so that I can be included in his data set.  Can it be moved?

saggi girl

Re: SLD start, 7/25 163, 7/27 160.2
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.  Good luck on SLD!

Rey likes to have the tracking data in a tight, compact format so that he doesn't have to weed through a bunch of extra info in order to find the data to put on the charts.  So if you want to be included in Rey's data charts, please read the posting guidelines first.

This thread is fine where it is.

madisongirl

Re: SLD start, 7/25 163, 7/27 160.2
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 05:39:27 PM »

Thanks!  I'll summarize, then submit the data in an appropriate format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18