Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
definitive guide to tasteless olive oil drinking

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: definitive guide to tasteless olive oil drinking  (Read 13693 times)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
definitive guide to tasteless olive oil drinking
« on: May 19, 2006, 08:32:25 AM »

Lower Boy posted this under General:

It pains me to see so many people have a tough time with the taste of EELO, since I too had major problems until I put my dose in a glass of water. It makes it immeasurably easier.

Bonus pointers for the oil in water technique:

1. Make sure you're using cold water.
2. Don't try to mix the oil in, it'll just be a film on top, but that's OK.
3. Pour the oil into the glass first, then the water over it, slowly. Why? This way the water cools the oil down and reduces the temperature difference -- making the oil even less noticeable. (Yeah, i tried putting the EELO in the fridge, but it made it cloudy and solid and weird)
4. As you're drinking, try not to breathe. To breathe, first put the glass down, turn your head away, then breathe in. Some of the 'taste' you think you may be tasting may actually be just the smell. EELO is tasteless, not scentless.
5. Use a half a glass of water. You'll have to finish everything in the glass to make sure you've got all the oil, so don't make yourself drink so much water (unless you're that thirsty).

Some people have mentioned that they're afraid that mixing the oil into water might reduce its effectiveness. It hasn't for me (and it's the only way I take it). I also don't think it should according to Seth's theory. I believe he's also said on this board that it's OK to do this.

- LB

Denise

Re: definitive guide to tasteless olive oil drinking
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 12:29:27 PM »

I tried this method this morning and it works great!  Thanks for the tip LB!

Nanook13

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:19:04 PM »

I'm doing something similar and I found this to be the most pleasing way to take the oil:

Take a small coffee cup and put about a tablespoon of water in it or just a bit more, mix a small amount of sugar (teaspoon?? I just guess) in the water by heating the water and then swirling the cup around.  You'll only need to heat the water for about 10 sec.  let cool.  Then add the oil.  Swirl a few times and drink in one big gulp.  It finishes sweet and the water washes the oil "feel" out of you mouth.  Don't smell it by breathing as stated above.  This process takes less time than you think. 

Friarjohn

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 06:22:45 AM »

Here's a variation that works great for me.

This morning I had truly tasteless oil. I measured out the oil and poured it into a shot glass. Then I filled the shot glass with warm water. Went down without any taste at all. Chased it with cold water. The previous night I didn't quite "pound the shot" right and the oil splashed around in my mouth. This morning was perfect.

When I tried Lower Boy's method above I used very cold water and the oil started to coagulate. Probably because of that there was a lot of oil left in the bottom of the cup. With the shot glass there's just enough water to push the oil through but not so much that I can't drink it all at once.

Atkins Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »

I just take the oil staright, with no fuss. Down the hatch.

My wife and kids, however, are disgusted. :D

Will Ware

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:25:27 PM »

Inspired by Lower Boy's idea, I tried something that worked quite well. I tilted my head back and filled my mouth half full of water. Then I poured my 2 Tbsp of oil in on top of that and swallowed. Then I drank some more water. Almost no mouth feel, and very little oil taste. One thing I like with this is that I don't get oil in my water cup.

Friarjohn

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:34:38 PM »

I'm getting mixed results with the shot glass. Only once did I hit the back of my throat perfectly. This morning the water slid out from underneath the oil and then the oil slammed against the roof of my mouth. Didn't work too well. Still better thank my first attempt with a glass of water.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 10:13:19 AM »

I use a one-tablespoon kitchen measure. I take a gulp of cold water, throw the oil on the back of my tongue, chase it with another gulp of cold water. Three quick motions. On good days, it is an experience completely without taste or sensation.

If I get my stupid upperlip caught up in the process, I have the GreasyLips for the morning.
Running weight tally:

justme

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 01:40:02 PM »

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones that isn't bothered by either ELOO or Canola oil. Just measure it out, drink it down, move on.

justme

Joe

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 08:09:11 AM »

Just thought I would add this to the mix....
I read somewhere about the smell and remembered that there is no taste to the ELOO but there is a little smell.  So I tried this.

about 1 cup water in a cup &  1oz of ELOO in a shot glass

Hold your breath, pour down the ELOO and swallow then drink the water and before taking a breath, move away from where you drank the ELOO and sat the shot glass down.

There is a slight oily feel in the mouth, but that can be eliminated with a little more water or using warm water. I don't mind the feel because it is gone shortly anyway... and it isn't offensive to me.

Best of luck.  I have been on it about 3 days, no weight loss yet... but feel a definite decrease in appetite.

atticus2132000

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »

okay i know i'm only on day one, but if something as simple as drinking a couple of shots of oil will make me lose weight, i wouldn't care how bad it is...i'd figure out a way to suffer through.  i'm a fan of the down the hatch approach...just drink it and don't think about it.

good luck everyone   :)

eharris

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 05:20:27 AM »

Maybe I threw down enough shots of tequila in my youth to make a difference because I have do difficulty with the oil!

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 10:03:58 AM »

I have found that the longer I do it, the less yucky it is.  I just a narrow kitchen Tbl. measure and down the hatch it goes!  I find with a narrow measuring spoon it works better than a wider one.  I swirl some water around my mouth afterwords to get rid of the greasy feel.

"Different strokes for different folks!"

Former South Beach

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 10:50:11 AM »

Might also try this:
-have a glass of water in one hand;
-hold tablespoon of oil (safflower oil seems easier to me... less of a taste);
-dump the oil into the space right at the front of your mouth in front of/under your tongue;
-take a big gulp of water and it will take the oil with it; and then
-take one more big gulp of water.

I don't even taste the oil this way, nor do I get that oily feeling in my mouth.

dgrillot2000

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 01:44:38 PM »

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones that isn't bothered by either ELOO or Canola oil. Just measure it out, drink it down, move on.

justme

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me too.  I kinda like the canola oil not that I prefer the taste to say.........ice cream.

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I MIGHT. I THOUGHT I COULD!  I THINK I WILL!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18