Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
in Shangri La

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 74   Go Down

Author Topic: in Shangri La  (Read 328961 times)

Clarinette

in Shangri La
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:59:11 AM »

Hi Everyone, 

Yes, It is me again with a question...  :) I definitely developping some varicoses veins and some varices since I started the oil and stop the wine. I have to stop the oil for now to see if the process of developping varices is stopping too. It is hurting very much my legs. I am sad to stopped the oil though, sniff sniff. I lost about 16 pounds since February on the oil. It was a great AS. I will try for now the SW but I am not sure what to do? What would be a alternative of sugar or oil for me? I am a very hyper allergic person. I react at everything very fast. It doesn't surprise me that I am having problems that other don't have. It's a pattern in my life... lol. Right now, I think that my liver doesn't work well and don't brake the oil normally. What should I do? It was working so well for my weight lost. I really hope that the water will work as good as the oil. Any comment on that? Any suggestion as alternative?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:14:44 PM by Clarinette »

Marianna

Re: Is it my liver that can't take the oil??
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »

you could try doing some noseclipping Clarinette--try using noseclips for up to half or more of your daily calories--see if that doesn't help with the AS--sorry about the varices!

TalkingRat

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:41:39 AM »

I have a few varicose veins, a menopause gift.  Mine are pretty mild, not all lumpy like pictures I've seen.  I take 2T ELOO and 1/2T fishoil, and they haven't gotten any worse, although some surface veins got more visible since my recent surgery.  I wish I could answer your questions, I thought ELOO made veins better, but whether it could be the oil is a doctor's realm.  I wore compression stockings after surgery, and that is a possible solution.  But especially since they hurt, I think you want a medical opinion.

On the other ways to get flavorless calories, I've been trying exactly what Marianna is suggesting.  I noseclip oatmeal with cottage cheese for breakfast, and a protein shake for lunch.  I'm not good at noseclipping food that needs to be chewed well, but I've done other soft foods noseclipped, too.  It makes me eat slowly.  I've only been trying this two days, to get back my AS,  and I think it is helping.  Noseclipping was never as good as oil foe me, but it does contribute. 

We have a couple people here without gallbladders who couldn't tolerate oil well.  They took it in smaller doses (no more than 1T at a time) and closer to meals -- like an hour after a meal, or in a crazy spiced or noseclipped smoothie.   You've done so marvelously well, I hope you find a good solution!

andrea84

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »

you can still do oil, just try a different oil.  and if it has a flavor, pinch your nose while you swallow the oil and then rinse your mouth out - so you don't taste it :)

-Re-Started Oct. 30, 2008

zerimar

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 10:41:08 AM »

Hi Clarinette,

I love your avatar, she looks very athletic and sexy! 

I hope you can find a way to keep up SLD, you've been doing great. I have had varicose veins for years, gotten them fixed and gotten new ones  :x.    I take Walnut oil and Coconut Oil, and my veins don't seem to notice.  I drink wine too!  Hmmmm.  Lately, after losing some weight, I notice the veins don't bother me as much, aesthetically, that is. If they're uncomfortable I agree, it'd be good to check with a doc. 

Frenata has been having noseclipped oatmeal, and she swears by it.   Here's a link to Seth's post about using nose clips if your not sure about it. http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=1632.0  I never leave home without my noseclips.   
much luck, zerimar

I started June 1, 2006

Terri

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:06:07 AM »

I have noticed my <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=varicose%20veins" onmouseover="window.status='varicose veins'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">varicose veins</a> have gotten smaller. Thinner looking even since I started the ELOO. It seems to be helping. I got my varicose veins when I was pregnant with my twins.
Terri

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 11:44:59 AM »

you can also try crazy-spicing -- adding randomly-chosen spices to your food so that it tastes less familiar.

Clarinette

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »

Thank you for the answers. I really am the kind of not being very discipline. I wonder if just SW would do? It seems to work for me the first tree day while I was on Shangri La diet. I started with the sugar water and a very little amount and it was working. I might have drink that water too fast though and I had hypoglycemia. But now knowing that I can just take my time for drinking it might be OK with the diet. I just want to see if the veins will come smaller before trying a other oil. I am thinking of Coconut oil or Grape seed oil. So does just SW water will do for now?

andrea84

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 12:09:47 PM »

yeah, just SW should work,  but like you said you can have blood sugar spikes, and other problems with it - i guess that's why more people stick with the oil

-Re-Started Oct. 30, 2008

Ann H

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 01:48:16 AM »

SW worked fine for me. Give it a try and see!

Clarinette

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 06:48:15 AM »

Other than the SW I don't eat any other sugar. I never have desert or drinks coffee or the with sugar or any of that. I don't think that to take 4 or 6 tbs a day will hurts that much. I'll still take way less than the majority of the people take. I hope ! ;)

Clarinette

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 07:46:42 AM »

What about the propriéties of the Coconut oil? Is it easier to digest than Olive oil? Does it work good? Or Grapeseed oil.. maybe it would replace the element that is in my wine. God grrrr I am mixt-up  :mrgreen:

Ann H

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 04:12:44 AM »

You could try the coconut oil. Several of us have. But, weirdly, so far none of us have found success with it. Dunno why: it's still a mystery.

Try the sugar! I really don't think it's so bad for you...

Clarinette

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 06:35:54 AM »

OK, this is my experience.
I have been on sugar for two days and off the ELOO. Yesterday I started to look at some chocolate bar as if it was looking good. lol I rarely eat chocolate so I taught that it was just a little set back on my AS. I also gain two pounds this last two days. Last night my arthritis stopped me from sleeping well. My legs where hurting and every joint in my body. I got up early and weight myself. 230 again. I was 227.8 two days ago. I then decided to take 1Tsp of ELOO just to see what would happen, went back to bed and 15 minutes later my body stopped aching, and I finally fall  asleep. This morning, got up, got on my scale, I am at 228.8. I definitely think that the oil is better for me, so I have to find the right one! Today!

losing-it

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 07:02:55 AM »

Clarinette, I did coconut oil and had great success wtih appetite suppression with it. I melted it in heated water and chased it with a mug of heated water with sweetener like organic sugar, Xylitol or stevia, which took the oil taste away. Swish the sweet water around in your mouth and swallow several times. Also, you must breathe only through your mouth while preparing it, drinking it, and for a moment or two after your chaser. Wipe down your mouth with a napkin to remove any residue which would have taste.

Coconut oil fat has some similarities to that in mother's milk, and I think it may be the most easily assimilated by the body of all the oils. You might also try taking lecithin, granulated or capsules to help digestion of oil. Taking digestive enzymes before or after oil can also be helfpful. You might try drinking kefir if it is availalbe at your health food stores, or brew your own - there are all kinds of enzymes, vitamins, prebiotics and probiotics in kefir. It is generally well tolerated by lactose intolerant people because of the lactofermentation. There are a lot of good articles on the internet about coconut oil.

Coconut oil did not have any more or less affect on weight loss than the other oils, I don't think, although my weight loss was pretty steady, although it is not as fast as I'd like. The only reason I stopped taking the coconut oil was that I have facial and ocular rosacea, and it seems to break my skin out with that adult acne, and to aggravate it both on skin and in my eyes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 74   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18