Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Glad to be back after broken leg

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glad to be back after broken leg  (Read 9869 times)

K-Mac

Glad to be back after broken leg
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:07:28 PM »

Hi, everyone!  It's been a really long time since I have posted or read anything on the forum, but I'm glad to be back.  I also have a bit of good/interesting news.  I broke my leg in two places after slipping on an icy driveway back in January.  I didn't do Shangri-La for about 4 weeks just because it was too difficult with everything else that was going on and all the pain meds, etc.  When I got back on the scale about a month and a half after breaking my leg, I was extremely pleased to see that I had not gained a single pound!  I was exactly the same weight I was before the broken leg.  Since my husband (who is skinny no matter what he eats  :evil:) has been doing all the shopping, I've been eating more junk food, chocolate and candy than normal...and I was kinda spoiling myself too since I was feeling good and sorry for myself with the broken leg.   :D   So anyway, now I am back at work, back on Shangri-La and ready to start driving again next week.  I am very happy that I did not gain any weight while I was laying around eating junk food, but I am very happy to be back on the diet and I'm ready to lose more weight.  YEA!!!

jrenee25

Re: Glad to be back after broken leg
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »

Welcome back!  I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend and your life is returning back to normal.  Congrats on not gaining back any weight - that has got to feel so good!!!  :D

Age 32, F, 5'6" started 3/26/07

K-Mac

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »

I just knew I was going to gain 15 or more lbs, so I was very relieved. 

I forgot to mention one funny part...since I was on crutches when I tried to weigh myself for the first time, my husband had to help  me balance a bit...I am sure it looked hilarious the two of us with the crutches trying to balance over the scale, but I was determined to see what was going on.   :D

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »

Were you on opiates for pain? They're notorious appetite killers.

Mmmm. Opiates!

Welcome back, and good luck!
Running weight tally:

lvivianka

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »

glad you are back. be careful - ice is around even into spring (we might get snow next week) :(

snaxion

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:05:01 PM »

Wow, for  me, vicodins make me ravenous.  I can eat and eat!

--Rob

K-Mac

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 03:02:09 PM »

I was on percoset for four weeks, then vicodin for four more.  I seemed to have a pretty good appetite during most of that time, so not sure if they made any difference in that respect or not.  It did take me about a week and a half to get off the darn things...had some minor withdrawal symptoms.  I know both are narcotics of some sort, but I'm not sure if they're opiates?? 

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 03:35:54 PM »

Hm. I'm not sure if they're opiates, either.
Running weight tally:

Steele

• Start Date 3/7/2007
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 06:27:27 PM »

Mmmm. Opiates!

Frenata, does this mean you associate narcotic pain killers with taste? When I was on them after surgery, I began to think they were delicious. Not the actual taste of the pills, mind you. The feeling I got from them just made me think of good food.

Vicodins are opiates btw.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 02:40:27 AM »

Frenata, does this mean you associate narcotic pain killers with taste? When I was on them after surgery, I began to think they were delicious. Not the actual taste of the pills, mind you. The feeling I got from them just made me think of good food.

Hm. No, I don't have any food association with them, even just as a similar feeling. But I react strongly and euphorically to opiates (they also make me itch). You've never seen anyone look forward to dentistry and minor surgical procedures like I do.

Until recently, you could get codeine cough syrup over the counter in the UK. Dang it, I always got a cold when I visited England!

I think fate intended me to be a junkie.
Running weight tally:

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 03:01:49 AM »

Until recently, you could get codeine cough syrup over the counter in the UK. Dang it, I always got a cold when I visited England!

I think fate intended me to be a junkie.

That's very easy to believe  :D Why do so many persons become junkies? Because of the feel-good sensations, right? I get the same sensations after I drink a certain amount of alcohol, with medicines too - not long ago I took a painkiller with codeine, felt so relaxed the whole afternoon. My coworkers must have thought she drank at lunch again. I guess some people are more sensitive to feel-good than others, and maybe are more prone to become drug / food / alcohol dependents. Yep we can drug ourselves with food too... I know I can...  :)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

losing-it

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:48:03 AM »

I had tylenol with codeine after surgery years ago. I felt so almighty mellow. And decided that was my drug of choice. Too bad it's not availble OTC. Actually, probably a very good thing that it's not. No doubt, I'd be a codeine junkie fer sure.  :P Muscle relaxants aren't bad, either for that really laid-back feeling without the added calories of alcohol.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:26:42 AM by losing-it »

Marianna

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 07:04:36 AM »

lucky youse guys.  Opiates make me barf.  boo hoo.

losing-it

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 07:29:30 AM »

lucky youse guys.  Opiates make me barf.  boo hoo.

Only morphine has made me barf (post surgery for about 2 weeks, very long ago). Badly. Of course, I've not had too many opiates. I only got the codeine after the morphine drips were removed. Most stuff like that just make me eventually fall asleep. Alcohol does too. I'm a lousy party pooper with alcohol. After the buzz, I only want to go home so I can go night-night.

K-Mac

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 12:26:56 PM »

Alright all you junkies...I was talking about my broken leg/pain killers experience as it related to Shangri-La.  Let's stay on track people.  Just kidding...you guys are crackin' me up!   :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18