Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
smoking during the two hour window

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smoking during the two hour window  (Read 4379 times)

nin

smoking during the two hour window
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:22:56 PM »

hi, im a newbite here and i just finished reading your book :) this is my first day and i tried taking it one hour after i ate breakfast. i just want to make sure if i got it right.. i finished eating breakfast at 11 so i waited one hour without eating anything so at 12 i took the oil and im supposed to wait another hour before eating anything right? it means at 1 i can chew gum already right? sorry for this but i just wana get it right :)

what i really wanted to ask is whether during the one hour before and after taking the oil, am i allowed to smoke menthol cigaretes? is my cigaretes considered flavored?

thanks a lot!!!

Denise

Re: smoking during the two hour window
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:49:21 PM »

No cigs in the flavorless window.

I get around that by setting the alarm an hour before I normally get up, chugging oil, then going back to sleep for an hour.  I'm not only nic addicted but mint addicted to mask the nic addiction, so my taste buds are going all day.

Luckily I only need the morning dose to get me through the whole day and I'm not an early waker.  And it hasn't made me one.

nin

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:09:51 PM »

hey thanks for replying :) i think i'll try what you do. i guess it doesnt make a difference if like for ex you woke up, drank the oil then you overslept like for 3 hrs without having bfast anymore right? i thnk i'll try taking it twice a day...its okay to take in more than 400 cals of either oil or sugar right?im not really much of a trial and error person...i dont have much patience for that  :lol: you're lucky you take it once a day only. im thinking of taking it around 4 pm but then theres that two hour flavorless window again!  :?

Denise

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:28:40 PM »

More than 400 is unchartered territory.  You could help chart it.  But if you need an evening dose, I found it easy to do the window once when I needed it.  I'd have the patience for this kind of trial and error, since it seems to me to be the key to solving obesity.

Will

• Today is a good day to diet.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:45:46 AM »

Over 400 cals is not recommended because that would likely be over 20% of your daily calories and you need to eat regular food to get the required nutrients. 

It might be better to stick with around 400 cals for a week or two and see how it is effecting you before you consider going beyond that.
I wouldn't care if the scale said 400 lbs, if I looked like Brad Pitt.

nin

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »

thanks will and denise!  i wont think much of it anymore! it's just that you know how it is when there is a new thing going on, you get excited about it and am hoping that this is it. That hopefully it can work for me like it works for you guys! i really dont want any quick fix anymore so i'll take it slow :) i'll just take 2 tbsp in the am and 1 tbsp of oil before bedtime. that's 360 cals...i think that enough... i wanna lose like around 15 to 20 lbs. i'm 5 feet and 120 lbs... :)o hey btw....since drinking oil...has your bowel movements been affected? like is there oil or something? like when you take xenical?

Denise

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 10:36:12 PM »

I had it really bad on ELOO but not on grapeseed.  I'm going to try a new bottle of ELOO this weekend to make sure my old bottle wasn't rancid.

Trask

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 11:43:26 AM »

I searched this thread as I too had the smoking question.  I'm not an addicted smoker..2 to 3 a day, some days none, some days more.   Putting off quiting until after I lose some weight but something curious is happening that I wanted to share.  I've been using the S-L technique now for a week and my hunger subsided after one day.  I use the EVOO and have yet to try sugar and perhaps won't because of past experiences with carbs triggering carbs...even in low doses.    Anyways, about day 3 of this I have started having an aversion to the flavor of cigarettes!   They simply stopped tasting good.   I may pick one up from habit or socially with my smoking buddy but I quickly put it out as if I suddenly remember I don't like it!   Weird.  I'm wondering if there is any connection...a la.. my growing water thirst...   Perhaps my conscious scheduling of the no flavor window is having this effect?  Or the general reduction of 'craving' also bleeds over into the desire to smoke?   I would be quite amazed if this simple technique kills two birds with one stone.

Aliebling

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 04:34:18 PM »

Well I'm happy to self-experiment on that question, as I've set my quit-smoking date for tomorrow, also day 4 of SLD for me.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I the cigarettes I smoked last night felt kind of weird to inhale. Like I could feel the smoke going into my lungs, but I couldn't really taste it properly - I just took it to mean I'd been smoking too heavily.  Maybe it's related, maybe I'm overthinking it.  The problem is that even though I wasn't enjoying the cigarettes at all, I kept on smoking 'em because I needed the nicotine.

But this could be very, very interesting.... My smoking has always had a relationship with eating.  I smoke with coffee (with milk and sugar) in the mornings, and always after lunch and dinner.  I also tend to use cigs as substitutions for food, especially when I'm dieting.  Perhaps eating and smoking so close to each other has formed a calorie/tobacco link in my head?

I quit back in September and stayed quit for a good six months.  If anyone is interested, I can post here comparing this quit to my experience last time, and see if SLD makes any discernable difference.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 05:42:35 PM »

Aliebling, i was thinking the same thing -- that the reason cigarettes taste good (I mean, for other people -- I don't smoke) is that they are closely associated with food. So when you stop associating them with food they stop tasting good. It makes excellent sense -- no reason the flavor of tobacco should be immune from flavor-calorie learning.

Hadassah

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »

How can cigarettes be considered a flavor when they don't have any calories? I'm confused.

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »

Hadassah: How can cigarettes be considered a flavor when they don't have any calories?

Flavour can exist without calories.  Think of the purpose of diet soft drinks: to enjoy the taste without the calorie payload.  At (a claimed) less than one calorie per bottle, Coca-Cola Zero, for instance, is for all practical purposes calorie-free.  However, it certainly has a flavour; otherwise -- with your eyes closed -- you wouldn't be able to distinguish between Coke Zero and plain carbonated water (soda water).

The converse, calories without flavour -- in particular, in a calorie-dense form -- is the holy grail of classic SLD, and the closest available approximations, with a high calorie:taste ratio, appear to be lightly-flavoured oils such as extra-light olive oil, among others.

Hadassah

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »

Smoking during the two hour window doesn't seem to cause a problem for me so far. I've lost 8lbs in 5 days so far and I smoke 1 to 2 menthol cigarettes during the two hour window.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18