Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Weight Watchers Page

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight Watchers Page  (Read 25380 times)

vrimj

Re: Weight Watchers Page
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 11:39:54 AM »

The sugar/water would work for her at work..Oil has too many points I would think.

I do the oil at night, 3 points which is a fair amount but which I typically balance with activity or weekly points

SukeyNY

• GO YANKEES!
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 11:47:05 AM »

I do the oil at night, 3 points which is a fair amount but which I typically balance with activity or weekly points
Hi vrimj!  How is the oil working for you on the WW?  How long have you been doing it?  I'm doing the SW to keep the hunger at bay.  I had to skip the weekend (because I do it on the sly) because the whole family was around, but I'm starting again today.  Didn't hurt me this weekend -- I still ended up with 22 weekly allowance points left over (my week starts on Monday).

SukeyNY

• GO YANKEES!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »

I just posted on the Rice Bran Oil thread that I started it today.  Took 2 Tbsp and there is no taste at all!  I barely plugged my nose (with my fingers) and I still tasted absolutely nothing.  I went into the health food store today looking for fructose and they were all out.  That made up my mind to start back on oil.  So I checked out what oils they had and I remembered reading something good about rice bran oil.  Hope it has good AS!

Another reason I started back on the oil was the sugar water seemed to be making me more hungry.  It is a bad time of the month for me -- that could be the reason -- but I really am more comfortable doing the oil because of the health benefits.

I'll keep you posted on the AS of rice bran oil!

SukeyNY

• GO YANKEES!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »

Okay, here's an update... I've been doing very well on 1T of either rice bran oil or flaxseed oil every day for the past three weeks.  I've been counting the oil, and since losing weight on the WW my daily points allowance has dropped (partly from losing weight, partly from being not-so-active) from 22 all the way down to 19!  The 19 points are hard for me to stay within, and I've gone from having between 20-30 weekly allowance points left over each week to having just 18 to go and it's only Thursday (my  WW weeks start on Mondays).  Soooo, as soon as I get used to having fewer daily points I'll be fine, I'm sure!  I can't up my oil to try to control my hunger because 1T is 4 whole points.  Any more oil and that's just about what I would be allowed to eat for the entire day.
I have to say this is an unusually hungry week for me -- my TOM must be coming up.  Have to get over this hurdle or I'll still need a girdle (hee hee). 
My scale has gone up a pound (or two) but I'm not counting it yet.  Waiting for the weekend to weigh myself again.  It's a little disappointing, but not enough for me to break out the ice cream and cookies!  :?

losing-it

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »

You're doing good SukeyNY. Don't sweat the 1-2 lbs. They will be off again as fast as they appeared, I think. I hate going up on the scale too. After the first early morning weigh-in, I generally have a 4-5 lb increase over the day -- then it is back near to the morning weight the next morning. Only wish it would go down ALL the time instead of up or flatlining. :!:

vrimj

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:09 AM »

The oil and sugar water worked beautifully for me- I got down to about 130 (30 lbs lost since Jan) and started waering a size 6, this is small enough for me so I dropped the WW about 6 weeks ago and have maintained without effort on oil and occasionally sugar water.

It was harder when I dropped down to 19 points a week, I had to get activty point several times a week to stay in range and still have a day when I ate more freely.

losing-it

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

The oil and sugar water worked beautifully for me- I got down to about 130 (30 lbs lost since Jan) and started waering a size 6, this is small enough for me so I dropped the WW about 6 weeks ago and have maintained without effort on oil and occasionally sugar water.

It was harder when I dropped down to 19 points a week, I had to get activty point several times a week to stay in range and still have a day when I ate more freely.

vrimji, if you met your goal, do put post your success with a bit of your story, from what weight to current weight, oil, SW, WW, etc in the "I Made It" section of the forums. Maybe even photos of before and after if you are brave to do so? It will encourage all of us. Congratulations! It's good to hear about your method and success. Here's the section:

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?board=27.0

Greenwood

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 06:10:24 AM »

Anyone else doing WW and SLD?
I've just started WW, perhaps just to get into the habit of paying attention to what I'm eating. Only signed up for one month, online, though! Is that showing a lack of committment??
Female, age 40: started January 20, 2007

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 06:40:25 AM »

No, that is ok. We all need to find what works for us. Some of us have done wonderful things with WW, some of us needed to try another diet plan. One month was a good choice.
Good luck!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

spike

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »

Check out:

http://www.fageusa.com/home.html

This brand is available in the States,  Today, you can find FAGE’s products in gourmet, health food, natural food stores and high-end supermarkets in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Maryland, Washington D.C., Maine, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Arizona, Texas, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington etc.

You can likely email them and find out who sells it in your area. Try this and I guarantee you will never eat any other brand of yogurt.

Lookks like it isn't available in Canada.

Some raves here from people in the States who tried it:

http://www.thisnext.com/item/0B5DE060/Fage-USA
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w18i5LR/]

[/url]

losing-it

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

I've bought Fage Greek yogurt at the local (Southeastern US) supermarket after reading posts about it, here. I liked it -- sort of a cross between cream cheese and yogurt, to me.

falconcy

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »

I've bought Fage Greek yogurt at the local (Southeastern US) supermarket after reading posts about it, here. I liked it -- sort of a cross between cream cheese and yogurt, to me.

It certainly tastes a lot better than many of the commercial products on the market. Even the light yogurt tastes way too good. I am lucky in that I have a wide range of brands to choose from, we even get it in little pottery bowls which are great for serving dips and things as well as making small portions of mousakka.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »

I have resurrected this page. I re-joined WW online as a means of tracking what I am eating. I am trying to do a low carb WW, since WW alone does not do it for me. Problem is, 3 TBL of ELOO is half my points! They only allow me 20 a day, plus the extra for the week of course. But it is a good way to see exactly what I am eating according to their standards.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

xtine

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »

Hello all, is anyone else out there doing Weight Watchers?  I'm doing it online and combining with SLD-- have struggled with the points/ oil question too--- see my thread on MY SLD PAGE.  Would love to know if any of you are still doing this?  I find WW more effective for keeping track of what I eat than counting calories-- I have a really hard time estimating cals. when I eat out but the points/ portions seems a lot simpler.  Also I like how WW nudges me towards lots of vegies and high-water, high-fiber, foods by not assigning them points!!

My plan at present is to count oil towards points but trade it off with activity points and Flex points.  That way I can stay within flex points at least for the week (but I probably will use all of them up).   Oil just works better for me than sugar water (which makes me feel awful AND hungry)-- as long as I have the digestive problems it gave me in hand, which I think I do now that i"ve added LOTS more fiber, including beans, into my diet.  Also the oil makes my hair silky, improves my mood and sleep, and makes my skin soft.  I think Seth is also right that flax reduces inflammation and joint soreness---have definitely noticed less joint soreness and stiffness with flax oil. 

So...are you out there, fellow WW or am I counting points on my own?  :)

alanlight

• My Shangri-La Diet Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 06:51:37 PM »

If you are are trying Weight Watchers, you might want to check out some tips that I came up with during a very successful Weight Watchers experience several years ago:

http://www.alanlight.com/WWTips.htm

Check out my Shangri-La Diet Blog.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18