Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Weight Watchers Page

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight Watchers Page  (Read 25403 times)

mpq

• PA USA
Weight Watchers Page
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:16:15 AM »

:D
I would like to start a forum for those that do Weight Watchers. I would like to hear from those that are or are not counting their oil/sugar towards their total points, and how the different methods work for them.  Anyone else out there?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

vrimj

Re: Weight Watchers Page
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:53:55 AM »

I have been doing WW (online only) with SLD since January.  I count the oil and sugar in my points (usually use weekly points for this) but it has gotten tighter as I lose weight and my points count decreases.  I have gone from 160 to 136 in that time and my points are down to 19/day.

Only problem I have had is WW site gets mad at me if I lose more then an average 2 lbs a week.  Also like the combo because I know if I am taking too many flavorless calories, eating the rest of my points becomes a chore.

I have also noticed I lose more when I have one day where I consume more.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:04:21 AM »

I have also noticed I lose more when I have one day where I consume more.

were you speaking of calories or SLD calories?

SukeyNY

• GO YANKEES!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 07:58:56 AM »

Hi MPQ!  I've been a lifetime member of WW since 2005, and have gained 35 pounds back since then.  Although I ALWAYS think in "points", it definitely doesn't mean I listen in my head.  Sooooo, I started in December 2006 to do both the WW and SLD.  It didn't work for me because I wasn't wholeheartedly committed to losing the weight yet.  My mind has to be in it with my body or it's a no-go.  I truly believe that both of these methods work but I figured out that I have to get TOTALLY into the WW before I try both again.  For the past three weeks I've been committed to WW and have lost 7.5 lb.  I'm thrilled and so far have been able to control my hunger w/o the SW or oil.  As soon as I feel like I can't I am going to go straight to SLD.  My problem with SLD in the beginning was I tried to hide it from my husband, whom I think will not be so open-minded about the method.  It works best for me if I do it very early, before I start my coffee.  The problem is my hubby gets up at 5am or even earlier to have his coffee and get to the gym by 5:30am.  He's a die-hard I tell ya!  So it's hard for me to do it in the early AM.  I've changed my evil eating ways at night, though, so I'll be able to do it before I go to bed.  Yay!

I have a question, though.  In doing both, have you cut down on the flavorless calories?  I mean do you do SLD max calories and work the WW around it, or do you do a half and half kind of thing?

P.S.  I find that I lose more if I eat yogurt or drink 1% milk!  The dairy really DOES help the weight loss!

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:52:04 AM »

Hi sukeyny,

I stayed on WW for about one month, and didn't lose on it, so now I'm trying the zone, which is very similar, but you are locked into certain amounts of protein, carbs, fat. For the SLD calories for you, why don't you try a low amt of SLD calories counted or not not counted, which ever you want to try first?? There are two schools of thinking out there on this.

What kind of yogurt do you eat?

Good luck! Sounds as if you are doing very well!

falconcy

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 09:08:04 AM »

There is only one kind of yogurt, buy the Greek strained type, either the low fat or the high octane version according to what you are eating. It has to be the creamiest and best tasting yogurt on the market. Add your own fruit if you want a fruit one. Try it with honey and walnuts for something really special.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »

God bless you falconcy, you have to realize that you are dealing with small town USA here. I have never heard of greek yogurt.

falconcy

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 10:27:12 AM »

Check out:

http://www.fageusa.com/home.html

This brand is available in the States,  Today, you can find FAGE’s products in gourmet, health food, natural food stores and high-end supermarkets in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Maryland, Washington D.C., Maine, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Arizona, Texas, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington etc.

You can likely email them and find out who sells it in your area. Try this and I guarantee you will never eat any other brand of yogurt.

Some raves here from people in the States who tried it:

http://www.thisnext.com/item/0B5DE060/Fage-USA

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 10:32:23 AM »

I emailed them! Thanks!

SukeyNY

• GO YANKEES!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 07:46:05 AM »

Hi sukeyny,

I stayed on WW for about one month, and didn't lose on it, so now I'm trying the zone, which is very similar, but you are locked into certain amounts of protein, carbs, fat. For the SLD calories for you, why don't you try a low amt of SLD calories counted or not not counted, which ever you want to try first?? There are two schools of thinking out there on this.

What kind of yogurt do you eat?

Good luck! Sounds as if you are doing very well!

Hi!  Yes, I'm happy with my progress so far.  I eat Columbo Light yogurt (8 oz.=2 points) and put 2 TBSP ground flax seed in it for the health benefits.  That way, when I start SLD I won't feel bad doing the sugar water.  I love the oil but it's just too many points.  Falconcy, I've had the Greek yogurt with the honey & walnuts at my Greek friend's house.  It IS amazing!  And I had no idea they offered a fat-free version!  I'll have to try it.

Please keep me/us posted on The Zone.  If it's not to your liking, try WW again.  We can help each other through it!

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »

Will do!

sammie

• Age 38, F, 5'10" started 9/23/06
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »

Check out:

http://www.fageusa.com/home.html

This brand is available in the States,  Today, you can find FAGE’s products in gourmet, health food, natural food stores and high-end supermarkets in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Maryland, Washington D.C., Maine, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Arizona, Texas, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington etc.

You can likely email them and find out who sells it in your area. Try this and I guarantee you will never eat any other brand of yogurt.

Some raves here from people in the States who tried it:

http://www.thisnext.com/item/0B5DE060/Fage-USA

I buy Fage (pronounced fah-yay) brand at my grocery store - Trader Joe's sells it too, not sure about Whole Foods.  THE. BEST.  I grind a little sea salt over it - yum.  My sister's baby is being raised on the stuff - lucky boy, he gets the full-fat version, of course.  I buy the 2%.  Rarrr...

SukeyNY

• GO YANKEES!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »

Okay, mpq, I did 2 TBSP regular sugar and hot water today.  I had tuna on a WW english muffin a little more than one hour before the SW.  As soon as I took my first sip, I burped up tuna.  Dammit!  It didn't happen at all while I was waiting to drink the SW.  Anyway, as soon as I finished, I felt EXTREMELY full, so I guess the burp didn't count.  Then I had a Boca Chicken patty on a WW english muffin (only 1 point, that's why I use them instead of bread) and salad for dinner, and I'm full again.  Still have 6 points to go for the day, and another 23 weekly allowance points that I can use until Sunday when my WW week ends.  I'm so psyched!  I have to get some fructose though.  I ran out and since I wasn't doing SLD for a while I never bought it again.  But is that stevia a better option, I wonder??

Just wanted you to know that I've officially started both WW and SLD.  Again.  I'm counting the SLD points, BTW.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 05:17:57 PM »

I don't think burbs count.  :lol: But they save stevia will not work because it has to be flavorless calories, and stevia does not have calories. Good luck on your official start! I'll be watching!

CarolynF

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 08:24:24 PM »

I'm going to be watching this thread as my dd and her dh have been on WWers for several years..
The sugar/water would work for her at work..Oil has too many points I would think.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18