Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
spacehoppa's progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: spacehoppa's progress  (Read 7030 times)

Ann H

Re: spacehoppa's progress
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 06:10:11 PM »

Yep, it's high in a certain kind of saturated fat. I did some thinking and medical reading and decided I didn't believe the standard view on coconut oil being bad for me. My thinking is in the "General" "Other oils (or is it "which oil?")" "Coconut" section.

Cheers,
Ann H

spacehoppa

• England
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 11:38:08 PM »

Thanks Ann!  :D

That homemade granola yoghurty breakfast sounds good. I have all the ingredients except the plain yoghurt (right down to the nuts and sunflower seeds), but I definitely can't make the yoghurt here in dark, rainy old blighty, by leaving it out on the side in the kitchen  :lol: .

I lost another half pound this morning - yay! That's three days in a row now that I've lost a half pound  :shock: !! I know it can't continue, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. The other strange thing is that I haven't been eating carefully at all. I've eaten chilli and rice, chocolate, some tortilla chips amongst other, healthier things... and that was just yesterday!! It seems that by cutting out that one ditto food, I have made a huge impact on my ability to lose weight. I wonder whether other people ought to be checking their diet to see if there's one food they have every day without fail. It might be something as low cal as diet coke, or coffee... I don't think it's the calories that are making the difference as I am still eating breakfast, just having something else. I think it's the ditto effect...

Maybe everyone should check their diet and cut out their favourite food/drink for 3 days and see if it speeds up their weight loss. It would be a cool experiment  :D .
Female, 35 yrs, started SLD 3rd May 2006, Start weight 196, Currently pregnant

Ann H

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 04:23:03 AM »

Good idea! On that vein, I've been seriously tweaking my granola-yogurt. And today I had my coffee without sugar and milk. Ich! :)

Congrats on your more loss! Of course it can last. My loss was like Christmas every morning (well, more like Ayyam-i-ha, since I'm a Baha'i) for many weeks, all the way until 18-20 pounds were simply gone-ola. And it never ended for Ethesis! We'll see how long it goes for you! (I was traipsing and capering around my house singing out various joyful Arabic phrases for weeks. Still feel like it! Might do it right now, in fact.) :)

Ann H

Aliebling

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 06:51:32 AM »

Stupid question maybe, but what is Baha'i?

Dixie_Amazon

• Using Coconut Oil
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 07:04:19 AM »

A religion that grew out of Islam. As I understand it encourages unity and equality of all people.
Dennise with 2 n's

Ann H

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 12:47:55 AM »

"Wow" that you know that much about the Baha'i Faith, Dixie_Amazon! Most folks don't know anything about it, since it's so young (only 162 years old: the youngest independent world religion). Yep, unity and equality of all people: we are one human family. But it only grew out of Islam in the same way that Christianity grew out of Judaism. (It's a new religion, not an offshoot or anything like that.)

Other in-a-nutshell: Baha'u'llah, the main Founder, also taught that people must investigate truth for themselves, and that one God has continually sent prophets and divine Messengers over time to guide all of humanity (other teachings, of course, but want to keep this simple! :) ). Messengers included Abraham, Moses, Krishna, Buddha, Christ, Zoroaster, Mohammed, the Bab, and Baha'u'llah, plus many others whose names are lost in history, and more to come in the future. So Baha'is revere all these Messengers and their teachings, and see all their religions as actually only one unfolding world religion that God "updates" every thousand or so years. Right now it's a tiny minority religion: worldwide there're only 6 million or so Baha's, about 1 person in a thousand. (It seemed even less than that in the American South when I grew up, believe me! :) ) But they are all over the world, really all ethnicities: Pacific islanders, aborigines, whatnot. I'm a second-generation American Baha'i; my husband is a Chinese-Malaysian who became a Baha'i as a teenager in Malaysia. (It's not one of the religions where you have to marry someone of the same faith, BTW: just worked out that way for me.) And just like everybody, lotsa us is FAT and need Shangri-La! :)

That's a big nutshell! :) If it's not enough to satisfy curiosity, there's good surfing at http://www.bahai.us/ (US site), http://www.bahai.org/ (international site).

Cheers,
Ann H
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 02:27:00 AM by Ann H »

Ann H

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 03:18:09 AM »

Spacehoppa, or others, how do you keep your energy up when on the diet? I have to combine taking care of kids and consulting, so sometimes need to keep going when my body would rather sleep. That's when I eat or drink for energy, and then I won't lose weight. (When I first lost weight this wasn't such a problem: my body lost very easily and I could eat a third meal or drink if I was tired.)

Any good ideas? I could try taking spirulina pills with water...

Ann H

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 05:17:57 AM »

A religion that grew out of Islam. As I understand it encourages unity and equality of all people.

worldwide there're only 6 million or so Baha's, about 1 person in a thousand.

Fewer since Iran started massive persecution again.

There are three main groups.  The one that is terribly small, but gets written up a lot, another group and the mainstream group described above.

If you pick up a book in the library, you are likely to get information about the one that gets written up a lot rather than the mainstream group.

Interesting people, glad at least one has found Shangri-la.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18