Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hypoglycemia/diabetes

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hypoglycemia/diabetes  (Read 21944 times)

thorsmistress

Re: Hypoglycemia/diabetes
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 01:26:41 PM »

Ah, there is the difference, I'm doing the sugar water, not the oil.  I have a medical condition that prohibts my using the oil successfully.  I'm actually sipping on a cup of sugar water as I type this.

I can see the two hour window using the oil, no disagreement there at all.

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 01:28:55 PM »

To use your own example, if you start your sugar water at 9 am, you should not have had any flavor since 8 am.  Then you would have no flavor from 9:30 to 10:30, and could eat after that.  You need an hour on each side of your flavorless calorie dose to disassociate the calories from any flavor.  Hope this helps.

T-Vix

P.S.  You replied while I was replying.  The two hour window applies to sugar and oil!

Heidi 555

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 02:26:01 PM »

I don't have that kind of time with my busy schedule. I can do the hour and a half, most days. I'm doing the hour and a half and I seem to doing OK, granted I just started this but I'm losing weight and I'm not hungry. I even passed up muffins this morning in lieu of fruit ( and I never passed up blueberry muffins before)

I agree with Karky, if it's working for you then just stick with it.  I've thought that the flavor free window is longer than it needs to be, but it's not something that many folks here have tested out.  Keep us posted on how much you are able to shorten the window and still have it work.  Also, you can always try nose clipping if the sugar aggravates your hypoglycemia.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

thorsmistress

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »

Heidi555,

Thanks.  I do need to correct something you said.  You suggested that I could try nose clipping if the sugar water aggravates my hypoglycemia.   I'm not sure you understand what hypoglycemia is.  Hypo means below or low, glycemia is blood sugar, together they mean low blood sugar .  Drinking sugar water will raise my blood sugar and some days that is a really good thing.  I do need to watch that I don't raise it to much for the ensuing crash is bad.  Think of it this way, a diabetic can make insulin but their body doesn't use it properly,  my body makes more than I need so my body throws it off and sometimes throws away to much, hypoglycemia is also know as hyper insulinism.

Doing a nose clip isn't going to change that situation at all, I just won't be able to taste the sweetness of the water, but it will still bring my sugar level up.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »

What Heidi means is that you could noseclip regular food to get your flavorless calories since you can't taste anything with your nose plugged.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Heidi 555

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

oops, thanks Karky, you posted while I was typing my response.  I'll post it anyhow:

thorsmistress, I know that hypoglycemia means low blood sugar.  I'm sure that there's more I could learn about it.  I just was thinking that taking lots of refined sugar may perhaps aggravate blood sugar imbalances.  By nose clipping, I was implying that you could nose clip protein or other healthy foods that you are already consuming, and avoid consuming large quantities of sugar.  There is no need to nose clip sugar water.  It tastes the same either way.  Best to you.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

thorsmistress

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 07:15:05 AM »

I think I have solved my time issue.  If I do the SW when I first get up, I haven't had anything with flavor or no  flavor for several hours and its almost an hours drive to work.  I don't get jittery as my sugar is already in the basement, so its a good thing.  Then on my way to work I stop and get some protein and I'm a happy camper. It was an hour and 15 minutes before I had anything to eat after taking the SW.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 07:35:35 AM »

Great!
I also take mine first thing when I get up and it works great for me so far.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

terio

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 08:45:13 AM »

Don't forget that toothpaste, and even flavored floss counts as flavors. 
The reason why you must have a flavor free hour both before and after the sugar or oil, is that the flavorless calories cannot be associated with any flavors at all.  Through his experimentation Seth found on hour to be the minimum amount of time that the body needs to disassociate the flavors from the calories. 
You might look into using xylitol in water.  From what I understand you can drink it quickly without worrying about a sugar "crash".

thorsmistress

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 08:52:32 AM »

terio

I don't do toothpaste first thing in the morning.  Its a rinse with water, several times, but its only water.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18