Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Poll to users who replied about ELOO on Seth's poll "which oil is best?"

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Poll

How often did you use OLIVE OIL before SLD?

I didn't have problems with ELOO on SLD, and before I used OO daily
- 23 (25.8%)
I didn't have problems with ELOO on SLD, and before I used OO occasionally
- 38 (42.7%)
I didn't have problems with ELOO on SLD, and before I never used OO
- 14 (15.7%)
I had problems with ELOO and pre-SLD I used OO daily
- 8 (9%)
I had problems with ELOO and pre-SLD I used OO occassionally
- 5 (5.6%)
I had problems with ELOO and pre-SLD I never used OO
- 1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll to users who replied about ELOO on Seth's poll "which oil is best?"  (Read 18675 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

At least 19 people on the boards used ELOO and  didn't have any problems with it 
and at least 7 people used ELOO and had some problems with it.

I would appreciate those posters would answer my poll, and also others who are using ELOO even if they haven't answered Seth's poll about which oil is best (which they should have really)  :)
Thanks for your time  :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 07:57:35 PM by Seth Roberts »
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Nile

Re: Poll to users who replied about ELOO on Seth's poll "which oil is best?"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:28:45 AM »

Pinkmug-

I started with ELOO and had no problems with it.  I drank a bottle or two before I started to switch around.  I now use Smart Balance because I think it has the least taste of all the oils I have tried.  It is a blend of three oils, one of which is ELOO.  The other two are canola and soy.

Hope this helps.

Nile

lvivianka

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 09:13:22 AM »

I am one of those that never used olive oil for anything, drink 4 to 5 TBS ELOO per day, finished a 51 oz bottle and started another - with no problems at all. I was worried about drinking it, but it goes down OK. I do not chase it with sugar or anything.

losing-it

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:16:07 AM »

After having heartburn w/ELOO, I switched back to ENOVA (canola & soy), but the last two doses I tentatively have taken 1/2 TBS ELOO along with the 1 TBS ENOVA, so far without problem (1 day only on this mix, so far). We've cooked with EVOO for several years, instead of any other fat, for health reasons. I've also eaten it on bread with vinegars or pestos, or taken it in water with raw apple cider vinegar for health benefits. But taking ELOO straight, especially in combination with Flax Seed Oil capsules was a nightmare for me. Now I can sympathize and understand what my husband feels like having GERD for many years, for which he now takes Prilosec, successfully.

Talking on the phone last night about SLD, I learned that my mom (in her 80's) often drinks a TBS ELOO to help w/ regularity, and for its health benefits. (Interestingly, to me, she said she used to give me Cod Liver Oil as a child. I have no recollection of it, but she said I seemed to be ok with it, never balked. She said she wishes she'd continued that practice with her children through their teens, and then with her grandchildren.)

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 04:20:04 PM »

I used evoo pre SLD on a fairly regular basis but not daily. Since SLD i can take the eloo for days and then it suddenly makes me very ill. This has happened three times now and i have to really force myself to take it again it usually takes a couple of days before i am brave enough to take it again .

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

go2grl

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 11:07:14 PM »

Silent,  Since you keep a food log - do you see any link with other foods on those days that ELOO makes you ill?  Too much or too fatty food can sometimes makes a bad combo with the oil for me.
Living La Vida SLD!

multimoe

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 10:13:28 AM »

I have used ELOO for seven weeks on SLD and have had no problems. 
Before SLD I used EVOO daily.

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 10:28:01 AM »

Silent,  Since you keep a food log - do you see any link with other foods on those days that ELOO makes you ill?  Too much or too fatty food can sometimes makes a bad combo with the oil for me.

Not that i can find

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

mamenie

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 03:00:45 AM »

I don't use ELOO anyway, but prior to using Canola oil, I used walnut oil which I never cooked with in my life for a couple of months, and the results were identical. I did not seem to matter either way.

anacara

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:39 AM »

I've used olive oil almost every day of my life but (apart from the occasional upset tummy) I had no problems with ELOO - in fact my AS was wonderful from the start.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 03:34:15 AM »

I've used olive oil almost every day of my life but (apart from the occasional upset tummy) I had no problems with ELOO - in fact my AS was wonderful from the start.

So, you must be one of the 3 (10.7%) who answered that
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 04:09:49 AM »

I think nobody else will answer this poll, so that's it. I think an oil which you're very familiar with won't work for you SLD-wise. And the results of this poll seems to support my thinking.
But since GSO didn't work for me either and I had never had it before, i now also think that since oils are divided in mostly omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9, If your regular cooking oil is in a category maybe you should look for a SLD oil in another category. This is my new hunch.... nothing scientific of course! Anyway since I had never had omega 3's on a regular basis I'm now taking flaxseed oil alone. Just to see if it works - nothing ever works for me so this is a kind of desperate ultimate action.

buffy

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »

We alwasy used ELOO on our popcorn, instead of butter, and I always use it in place of butter... I have had no problems with ELOO, I hear it is good for you, so this may work for me yet~!  :)

toadkid

I haven't started drinking [oil] straight yet.  I still can't get that much down.  I don't want to chase it with sugar either.  Any suggestions from the crowd?
Noseclipping.

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.

Sanchiaza

Hi SuperModel, if you do a search for "oilmilk" or "Todd's oilmilk" you'll find a recipe for a more palatable form of taking the oil - oil, water and lecithin (which acts as an emulsifier). There is also a thread somewhere that details other people's methods of getting the oil down. You may find something helpful there.

Good luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18