sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I've lost 85 lbs. and I have 25 lbs. to go and I just. Can't. Quite. Process that idea. I'm at a new job where no one knows that I used to be incredibly heavy and there's even a really cute fellow faculty member who seems to like me.  He smiles at me.  A lot.  It's nice.  Everything is so . . . fantastic.  -- Del

Poll

Which of the following best describes your Shangri-La Diet experience?

I got appetite suppression within hours
- 7 (22.6%)
I got appetite suppression after a day or so
- 13 (41.9%)
I got appetite suppression after about a week
- 4 (12.9%)
I got appetite suppression after a few weeks
- 2 (6.5%)
I got appetite suppression after a few months
- 1 (3.2%)
I tried (or have tried) the diet for a few hours; I did not get (or have not gotten) appetite suppression
- 0 (0%)
I tried (or have tried) the diet for a day or so; I did not get (or have not gotten) appetite suppression
- 0 (0%)
I tried (or have tried) the diet for about a week; I did not get (or have not gotten) appetite suppression
- 0 (0%)
I tried (or have tried) the diet for a few weeks; I did not get (or have not gotten) appetite suppression
- 2 (6.5%)
I tried (or have tried) the diet for a few months; I did not get (or have not gotten) appetite suppression
- 0 (0%)
none of the above (please explain in a posting)
- 2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: December 10, 2006, 07:40:32 am

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: How long until appetite suppression?  (Read 8032 times)

BCfromBC

Re: Poll: How long until appetite suppression?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 02:16:30 am »

This is about my 4th time trying the SLD and each time, I've found my appetite begins to change about after the 3rd day.  It's the cravings for snacks I notice most.  I stop having them and/or find I am much more in control of pangs.  I still have appetite but it's shifts towards wanting healthy food, not the treats.
~It's never too late to be what you could have been~

BCfromBC

Re: Poll: How long until appetite suppression?
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 02:27:11 am »

This is about my 4th time trying the SLD and each time, I've found my appetite begins to change about after the 3rd day.  It's the cravings for snacks I notice most.  I stop having them and/or find I am much more in control of pangs.  I still have appetite but it's shifts towards wanting healthy food, not the treats.

After eating out of control for years, I realized that I didn't know what "healthy" and "normal" meant any more.  The last time I started the SLD I also started Dr. Phil's diet, not so much to follow it to the T, but to get an idea of what "healthy" is again.  It's really helped me get on track nutritionally, and the weight has finally been going.  I had tried Dr. Phil's before ever going on SLD and could only do it for 2 weeks before falling off.  SLD has made a huge difference in being able to follow a weight loss program.  HUGE!
~It's never too late to be what you could have been~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18