Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
A poo, a poo; my kingdom for a poo!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A poo, a poo; my kingdom for a poo!  (Read 24300 times)

buttonmylips

Re: A poo, a poo; my kingdom for a poo!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 10:56:45 AM »

My theme song for the past week: (sung to the tune of the Oscar Mayer weiner song)

Oh, I wish I could just take a little poo-oo
That is what I real-ly want to do-oo-oo
For if I could just take a little poo-oo
The scale gnome would be banished from the loo!

:lol:

I'm laughing, but it's really not funny. The evil scale gnome has had my scale tied up most of the week, and I suspect the lack of throughput is his justification. Nuts! It's gonna break my lovely pattern and everything. Oh well. As frenata would say, "Meh, more fiber, I guess".

But that does lead me to a question of anyone who uses fitday to log calories. When I enter the nutrition info as they have it on the Benefiber label, fitday rejects it as not matching the formula for figuring out calories. It says the Benefiber should be less than 20 calories/T. Thoughts?

T-Vix

You could maybe try prune juice in the evenings.  You could noseclip when you drink it so you could have flavorless calories and hopefully a BM in the a.m.   Me...I am regular.  Every morning...but only as long as I take my hemp hearts every day.

go2grl

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 09:59:51 PM »

do any of you do sugar water also? i added sugar water for a few days, and i've been going 2-3 times a day (which is quite unusual for me).. when i was doing only oil, i was going a lot at first, but then i dont know what happened, and i became constipated.. i'm thinking maybe after my body gets used to the sugar water i'll get constipated again.. hope not.. anyone experience the same thing?

Elena, I've been doing SW for the past week and a half. No problems with output so far.  Seeming more regular than with the oil.
Living La Vida SLD!

akhdar

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 01:10:29 AM »

Digestive enzymes have been my saving grace -- though not taken directly with the oils but at a later time.

Akh.

hoklpa5

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 03:55:47 PM »

About 8oz of pear juice does the trick for me. And it's not super urgent..but I'd take it when I have a few hours at home. It would not be good to be stuck in traffic!

xtine

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 10:08:36 AM »

I'm having this problem too!!!  I'm sure the extra protein is gumming me up... plus possibly dairy.  Gonna try prunes and keep up the psyillium.  Prunes sound like a very good addition.  I've experimented a little with higher-protein, lower-carb diets and I ALWAYS get this effect, which i hate.  So, here's to oatmeal, beans and whole grains.  Surely I can figure out enough protein and still keep everything moving.  i'll report on progress...

nimi

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »

Ya'll need power pudding

1 1/2 c. pitted prunes
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. All-Bran
3/4 c. prune juice

Put in blender. Blend well. Refrigerate. Use 1/4 cup daily oral, followed by glass of water

Marianna

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »

oral--glad you made That clear!

xtine

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »

I just made the Power Pudding and put it in the fridge! Tomorrow is D-day (or I hope P-day).  Today was a lot better thanks to gallons of water plus lots and lots of fiber from everything (fruit, veges and psyillium).  (I think I've not been taking enough water with the psyillium before..).

xtine

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 09:00:37 AM »

Excellent success with Power Pudding and more water and more psyillium and less protein relative to carbs.  Now, if I could just lose some weight... Thanks so much for the power pudding tip and all other help.  This forum is the greatest (AND it makes me laugh).

jslewis27

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 09:51:50 AM »

My husband thinks I am abnormal, I can visit the reading room between 4 and 6 times some days! I am glad to see that there is someone else who is that frequent, T-Vix.
Right before we moved back from Italy, I was experiencing major tummy issues. The doctor diagnosed a "spastic colon" (That just sounds funny to me...sort of like a hyper active chihuaha or something...)
Ever since then, I am really careful about my lower half. If I miss a day, it is a red flag that I may be having a flare up of IBS. So, you can imagine my alarm over the past week or so that I have been committed to this diet.
On my SLD page thread, Karky referred me to this post, as we were talking about being gummed up.
My grandmother told my about "Senna" tea, which helps with movement. I found a tea called "Smooth Move" which has Senna in it, and it works very well. Also, coffee on an empty stomach will send me to the restroom for the rest of the day. =)

bloo

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 03:00:15 PM »

Im a fan of vitamin C. I take it in 300 mg doses 3 or 4 times a day. If I have a poo-problem :lol: I take double the dose and then it goes nice and smoothly, the trick is to just overdose a little. My vitamine book states that we can take up 300 mg at a time. Your mileage may vary. Ah, the benefits of self-experimentation!
5 ft. 5, 139 lbs. Goal weight: 136 lbs.

cjm

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »

Since the start of the SLD, I have noticed no decrease in frequency in "using the facilities," simply a decrease in the "output" each time as pinkmug describes. I noticed that with increased fiber (more than I would usually need pre-SLD), things have basically gone back to normal. I guess SLD promotes big-oil (Bertolli and Carpelli are the kingpins, I guess) and big-fiber (General Mills and P&G).  :lol:

xtine

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »

OK, here's my word on this subject which is of close personal interest to me!!! BEANS WORK.  (For me at least).  There is nothing better and I've tried a lot of things... psyillium, lots of fruit and vegies, lots of water, prunes, power pudding, senna... the fruit/ fiber/ water are common sense and certainly help prevent problems, but since i've added 1/2 cup of beans or lentils to my diet every day.... all is well.  I think they offset the reduced intake of food and the relatively higher protein to carb ratio that I now eat (not because of trying to add protein but because of eating MUCH less processed carbs, ie. bread, pasta, crackers).

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18