Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
A poo, a poo; my kingdom for a poo!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A poo, a poo; my kingdom for a poo!  (Read 21820 times)

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
A poo, a poo; my kingdom for a poo!
« on: November 15, 2006, 11:36:42 AM »

My theme song for the past week:  (sung to the tune of the Oscar Mayer weiner song)

Oh, I wish I could just take a little poo-oo
That is what I real-ly want to do-oo-oo
For if I could just take a little poo-oo
The scale gnome would be banished from the loo!

:lol:

I'm laughing, but it's really not funny.  The evil scale gnome has had my scale tied up most of the week, and I suspect the lack of throughput is his justification.  Nuts!  It's gonna break my lovely pattern and everything.  Oh well.  As frenata would say, "Meh, more fiber, I guess".

But that does lead me to a question of anyone who uses fitday to log calories.  When I enter the nutrition info as they have it on the Benefiber label, fitday rejects it as not matching the formula for figuring out calories.  It says the Benefiber should be less than 20 calories/T.  Thoughts?

T-Vix

zerimar

Re: A poo, a poo; my kingdom for a poo!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:15:41 PM »

Maybe they're subtracting the calories from fiber--sort of the "net carbs" theory.  Fiber has calories but since they're not digested they don't count?  Love the song BTW, Zerimar

I started June 1, 2006

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:46:34 PM »

Loved your theme song, T-Vix! :lol:

But, seriously, you've touched on something that I've noticed since going on SLD.  Pre-SLD, I (normally) went for a "number two" daily.  Now that I'm eleven weeks into the programme, I notice that I've only been going every two (or even three) days.  I'm just putting it down to significantly decreased input at the oral end of the alimentary canal.  It doesn't feel conspicuously uncomfortable; it's as if the gatekeepers of the gut have called a meeting and resolved that the decreased traffic doesn't warrant the effort of a daily push these days.

falconcy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

Experimenting with this, I'm of the opinion that the right kind of carbs are essential to keep the poo flowing.

I find an all-bran bar or two helps, as does any high fiber grain. Oatmeal, chick peas (garbanzo's) most beans, you get the drill. Polenta seems to have worked too.

Early on, I was eating more of that kind of thing, but lately I have been a bit heavier on the protein, so it has been more number one's than number two's.

I also recall a time I did Fit for Life, lost a load of weight at that time, but put it back on. I was eating mostly vegetarian and some fish. Lots of beans and stuff. Methinks it is a time to get back in that direction, as well as adding quorn to it. Plus I walked a lot every day, nothing strenuous, just a walk in the morning before going to work for 30 mins.

As for the scale gnome, imagine he's down in the loo and give him all you've got  :twisted:

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 01:39:09 AM »

Now that I'm eleven weeks into the programme, I notice that I've only been going every two (or even three) days.

A poo every three days! What luxury! I think I went last week.

My system used to be this sluggish when I was a kid, I remember. Used to worry my mother no end. I found it really convenient: once a week, Saturday morning, ten-ish.

Oh, well. I guess we know why I gain and lose weight in spikes...
Running weight tally:

Tandoori Trilobite

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 02:56:33 AM »

A poo every three days! What luxury! I think I went last week.

<snip>

Oh, well. I guess we know why I gain and lose weight in spikes...

I think I know what you mean, frenata!  In my routine life, I normally have no need for artificial assistances (like Metamucil, for instance).  However, if I have a change of routine -- for instance, if I travel and stay away from home, or if I have house guests -- I take Metamucil proactively up front to (hopefully) prevent problems of sluggishness before they arise.  I just got back home a couple of days ago from spending nearly a fortnight with family in Melbourne, and I was taking the Metamucil proactively every two or three days while I was away.  The freaky thing is, when I got back home, the last two doses of Metamucil that I had taken in Melbourne were still ... well ... unaccounted for.  Considering the amount of water that the two missing-in-action contingents of Metamucil could've been holding, I wouldn't have trusted a weight reading until after they'd finally seen the light of day.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 03:47:50 AM »

Besides All Bran, the original, I'd recommend dried prunes for a greater "output". Works for me!!  8)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 03:49:41 AM »

Just noticed a thread on fava beans; well, fava bean skins also increase my "output"...
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 07:08:08 AM »

However, if I have a change of routine -- for instance, if I travel and stay away from home, or if I have house guests -- I take Metamucil proactively up front to (hopefully) prevent problems of sluggishness before they arise.

You do? Why? Isn't it kind of nice if you're traveling or you have guests to, you know, hold onto stuff a little longer?
Running weight tally:

Tandoori Trilobite

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 07:22:17 AM »

You do? Why? Isn't it kind of nice if you're traveling or you have guests to, you know, hold onto stuff a little longer?
No, I have a distinct lack of sentimentality about such "fruits" of my own making.  Like a bad tenant, they're best evicted at an early opportunity. :)

tek_vixen

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 08:32:53 AM »

I'm actually enjoying the decrease in frequency.  But pre-SLD I could "go" 3-4 times BEFORE LUNCH!!  My biggest complaint is that I think it's keeping the scale from moving when it normally would.  Oh well, I guess it all works out in the end!   :lol:  I've upped the Benefiber and added prunes.  Unfortunately, the prunes hit at a rather inopportune moment when I was in my car and facing about two miles at 25 mph.  Speed .... have an 'accident' .... hmmmm what a choice.  Envisioning losing control as an officer had me pulled over to give me a ticket made me stick to the limit (mostly).  But I really didn't think I was going to make it.  Fewer prunes, methinks!

T-Vix

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 07:59:42 AM »

T-Vix,
   your thread has kind of made me chuckle.  Such an actually important and serious topic, yet I can't help but find everyone's posts funny.  Leave it to the forum to brighten our day in unexpected ways!!! :D

As for constipation issues, my husband was asking me the other day if SLD could be the reason he has to  go a lot more to the porcelain throne.  He does not seem to have the same problem as us huh!
As for me, I notice a reduction in visits to the reading room.  But nothing that dramatic.
I suppose a few prunes may do the trick.  But I will remember not to get stuck in traffic just in case!

Cheers
Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

hoklpa5

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 03:46:44 PM »

Two words: Pear Juice.

I've been experiencing the same problem. Pear juice, while somewhat weird tasting, does the trick.

elena

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 04:23:30 PM »

do any of you do sugar water also? i added sugar water for a few days, and i've been going 2-3 times a day (which is quite unusual for me).. when i was doing only oil, i was going a lot at first, but then i dont know what happened, and i became constipated.. i'm thinking maybe after my body gets used to the sugar water i'll get constipated again.. hope not.. anyone experience the same thing?
elena

tek_vixen

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 07:04:21 PM »

Jenn, I'm very glad I could brighten your day with a chuckle.  Fortunately, it's not really a serious enough problem for me to lose my sense of humor about it ..... YET!  :D 

Elena, sorry but I only do oil.  I was a GD with my last two kids, so I really need to try to be careful about the sugar.  I too have noticed that my habits have changed significantly over the weeks of doing the oil.  At first it was fine, but after about 6 weeks I started to bind up.

Hoklpa5, how much pear juice do you need to do the trick?  And is this an effect that would cause you not to want to be out in traffic?   :lol:

T-Vix

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18