Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Starting week 4, down 6 pounds.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting week 4, down 6 pounds.  (Read 26692 times)

xt92879

Starting week 4, down 6 pounds.
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »

Hi all,

I'm brand new here! I read about the diet online at livejournal, then was convinced to buy the book by Stephen M's blog posts. I read it pretty quickly and like many have said, it does seem too good to be true, but I started it yesterday anyway. I'm doing sugar water in the morning and oil in the evening. I guess we'll see how it goes!  :P

I've got my fingers crossed that it works! I've been dieting & exercising, but my scale won't budge :( Plus, I get very caught up in thinking, "I only have one life, do I want to spend it worrying about my weight?" so it's hard for me to deny myself foods.  :?

I'm planning to keep up with my workouts (60-75 minutes cardio 4x a week) and try the shangri-la diet. I've already told my best friend and my mother about it. Even if people aren't considering trying the diet, I think the book is a really interesting read. I might pick up some copies as gifts.

Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 08:24:51 AM by xt92879 »

xt92879

Re: Brand new!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:47:25 PM »

okay, so this is only Day 2, but what I'm experiencing now is unprecedented.

It's roughly 3:30ish in the afternoon where I'm at. This is that time of the day where I'm pretty much done with my work, kinda bored, and I start to SNACK.

I'm feeling a little hungry (I think it's more like I miss DOING something - gum is out because of dental work), but surprisingly, amazingly, there is NOT a bag of Hershey's kissables in front of me. No! They are all downstairs, tidy and safe in the vending machine. In fact, there are several large bags of candy mere feet away and I don't want ANY!

Amazing. Amazing.  :D :D :D

I feel like I've been digesting ALL day though. It could be this pasta dish I had for dinner last night (I thought it was the oil), or ir could be that I ate too much at lunch (a healthy choice meal, but didn't eat it all). I don't know. I feel FULL. Like, noticably, always-on-my-mind- FULL.

I'm not gonna knock it....even if it is all psychosomatic for now (because I just read the book, and I REALLY want it to work).

tammy

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 07:04:05 PM »

I'm feeling this same way. I keep trying to blame loss of appetite on something else...anything...but theres nothing else to blame it on but this diet! I cannot believe this is really true...please dont wake me up! :lol:

xt92879

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 06:26:52 AM »

I think it's all water, but maybe it's not...

as of this morning I weigh 2 pounds less!

(personally, I think it's all the exercise I did last week FINALLY paying off).

BUT, I ate dinner (and dessert) last night, and then had my oil, and went out to one of my very favorite restaurants with friends and didn't order a thing. And didn't want to! And refused several offers of food and wine and treats. Just felt full.

I am, however, waking up about an hour earlier than I need to, and STARVING. Suggestions??

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 07:16:36 AM »

Are you taking the oil or sugar water early in the morning? if so, take them 3 or more hours later.

xt92879

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 07:35:56 AM »

I take the sugar water around 9:30 each morning, and the oil in the evening after dinner. (usually around 7pm).

maybe if I move everything to later, I won't be starving when I wake up...

Gregg

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 09:11:29 AM »

I'm pretty new myself, xt, having only started on 5/11. 

That being said, just experiment a bit to see what works as to timing and dosage.  I've generally been doing the flavor fast and de-appetizer (sometimes ELOO, sometimes sugar water) in the morning and afternoon with lots of good result and no bad result, but we're all a little different in our reactions. 

My calorie intake is consitstently under half what it was before SLD, but it's still been 1600 - 2100 calories/day.  Maybe either your de-appetizer or calorie intake was too low?

I feel like I'm losing weight, but am only going to weigh on Thursday afternoons, so nothing definite there.

Gregg
http://weighbackmachine.blogspot.com

xt92879

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 09:25:29 AM »

I'm pretty new myself, xt, having only started on 5/11. 

That being said, just experiment a bit to see what works as to timing and dosage.  I've generally been doing the flavor fast and de-appetizer (sometimes ELOO, sometimes sugar water) in the morning and afternoon with lots of good result and no bad result, but we're all a little different in our reactions. 

My calorie intake is consitstently under half what it was before SLD, but it's still been 1600 - 2100 calories/day.  Maybe either your de-appetizer or calorie intake was too low?

I feel like I'm losing weight, but am only going to weigh on Thursday afternoons, so nothing definite there.

Gregg
http://weighbackmachine.blogspot.com

Hey, I just checked out your blog. Keep it up! Maybe I'm missing something? What's this about a flavor fast? Should I not be eating breakfast?

Argh.

Okay. I'm going to do this:

tonight, take my ELOO before I go to bed (can't go to bed without brushing my teeth).
tomorrow, eat breakfast, take the sugar water in the afternoon

repeat.

We'll see how that works.

I've been eating pretty normal meals, just no snacking. I'm starving now though, so it's off to lunch for me...

xt92879

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 09:28:49 AM »

I'm also going to re-read the book today, to see if there's something I'm missing. Maybe I need to up my amounts?

Gregg

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »

Flavor fast is my own term to describe the time during which you fast from all flavored things - at least one hour pre and one hour post taking the de-appetizer of ELOO or sugar-water.  Just seemed like an easier way to say it.   :lol:

xt92879

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 12:19:27 PM »

Flavor fast is my own term to describe the time during which you fast from all flavored things - at least one hour pre and one hour post taking the de-appetizer of ELOO or sugar-water.  Just seemed like an easier way to say it.   :lol:

oh, thanks. I just don't want to be missing any pieces of the puzzle.

good luck!

xt92879

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 07:37:57 AM »

well yesterday I ended up doing sugar water in the morning, and again in the afternoon - because I was just feeling so hungry. I went to the gym for an hour, came home & ate dinner and took my oil around 9pm.

I am still waking up really early (5:15 this morning) but today was the first day I wasn't starving. So I guess that's progress.  :)

I think I'm going to switch to just the oil, as I think I'm one of those people who gets hungry after the sugar. I think the best times for me to do it are going to be after lunch (at 3pm, as I eat from 1pm - 2pm) and then right before I go to bed (9pm or 10pm, as I go to bed at 10pm or 11pm).

I wonder if this will work better?

I think I'll employ the sugar water on weekends and vacations, as my roommate works at a starbucks & I spend a lot of time there (waiting for laundry, etc. etc.) and it's easy to get on vacations...but the oil might be for me....which means I need to go buy a bigger bottle!  :shock:

xt92879

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »

GRRR. I was sitting here READING THIS FORUM and popped a piece of gum in my mouth - 20 minutes after I took the oil.

I remembered fairly quickly and took it out, but GRRR nonetheless.  :x

Will

• Today is a good day to diet.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 01:18:40 PM »

As long as you don't do it on a consistent basis you will be fine.  The diet is pretty flexible about that kinda thing.  Don't beat yourself up about it.
I wouldn't care if the scale said 400 lbs, if I looked like Brad Pitt.

xt92879

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 01:30:42 PM »

As long as you don't do it on a consistent basis you will be fine.  The diet is pretty flexible about that kinda thing.  Don't beat yourself up about it.

Oh, I know, I was just so surprised I'd done it while reading NOT to do it!! :) Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18