Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Newbie on day 6

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie on day 6  (Read 4464 times)

bouncecat

Newbie on day 6
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:02:42 AM »

Hi everyone. 

I started the diet on June first and am amazed.  I'm doing 1 tbs. of oil twice a day.  My appetite is markedly reduced and my cravings are gone completely!  The only other time I've been able to resist eating from after dinner to going to sleep was when I was on Pondamin.  This is like taking Pondamin, but without the brain fog.  Please tell me that this effect will last because right now it feels too good to be true.

Bouncecat (62 year old female with 30-40 lbs. to lose. - 3 of them gone already)

xt92879

Re: Newbie on day 6
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:27:11 PM »

what is this pondamin & where can I get some?!

I could use a little brain fogginess. :)

Kidding (maybe!)

but welcome!!!

justme

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 05:30:02 PM »

Three pounds in six days - that's great!

Nah, you don't want to mess with the Pondimin, it can cause more than fogginess. From WebMD http://www.webmd.com/content/article/102/106709.htm

In September 1997, the FDA announced that the drug Pondimin was being pulled from the market.

Pondimin was prescribed for appetite suppression for weight loss. The drug's maker voluntarily agreed to withdraw it.

The FDA action was based on new findings from doctors who had evaluated patients taking this drug. The findings indicated that about 30% of patients who received a heart ultrasound, called an echocardiogram, had abnormal heart valves even though they showed no symptoms. This is a much higher than expected percentage of abnormalities, according to the FDA.

bouncecat

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 09:24:32 AM »

what is this pondamin & where can I get some?!

I could use a little brain fogginess. :)

Kidding (maybe!)

but welcome!!!

Thanks for the welcome.  Believe me, you wouldn't want Pondamin even if you could get it.  It's been pulled due to causing heart problems for a significant number of people.  Luckily I'm not among them.  I didn't take it very long because it made it hard for me to concentrate and to think straight.
But the my appetite was so diminished that for the first time in my life food was just fuel.  Taking the oil is doing much the same for me.  I don't care if it's a real or placebo effect.  Just hope it lasts.
Bouncecat, still holding at minus 3

bouncecat

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »

I'm having some trouble replying to specific posts without having to quote them.  Haven't figured it out yet, so if this one shows up in the wrong place, forgive me.  I'm trying to reply to Justme to say that I'm sure some of the three pounds is water weight, but I'll take what I can get  :D
Bouncecat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18