Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery  (Read 80684 times)

jj

Re: Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2007, 06:10:47 PM »

Hi,
It is me (with my daughter) after loosing 6lb on SLD

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2007, 03:06:29 AM »

thank you flabba anacara and principessa.
don't forget that 8kgs is more that a stone!
also in the second pic i was wearing more flattering clothes and was squished in the foto between my DH and my dad!  :)

losing-it

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2007, 06:22:06 AM »

Just checking out the gallery -- I see the newest additions of pix from flickad, nougat and jj. Wowsers, you three. Flickad, your success continues to be inspiring. You look wonderful, and such a change since your before pix. Nougat, you are on your way to your ideal weight -- I can see the difference in your pix. Consistency, persistance wins the "race" with yourself, and focus gets you to your goal. JJ, you look slim and wonderful. It's great to have a method that can help people with just a little fat to shed, or a lot to shed...and of course, to maintain the goal weight.

One year (October 9) on my slimquest and over half-way to my SLD weight goal, slowly, it seems, but surely...I am: losing-it  :lol:.

falconcy

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2007, 06:57:10 AM »

For the sake of the thread, I guess I'd better stick mine in here too. It is already in my own thread, so I'll copy it here.

Agatha

• Casablanca
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »

So here we are! I never thought l would do it, but here are the pictures of the "before". I asked my daughter to take them, l could not yet ask my husband to....may be the next ones..!
l really think l have to see me 'plain and square'...! and each time l will feel like emptying the fridge, l will have to look at those pictures .....

losing-it

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2007, 05:16:35 AM »

Yes, me too, Agatha. Taking monthly photos helps me not only see if and where I'm making progress. The photos help me see the reality when I think I'm looking better than I really do -- the photos show the jiggly places to work on better than the mirror does for some reason, in the case of those fatty "problem areas". Like the scale, my pix can inspire discouragement if I don't compare to my "before" photos -- and also if I don't bring to mind the differences I'm seeing from exercise and persistant tweaking of diet and SLD, such as increased lean muscle mass, slimmer face, no major weight gains or backsliding to heaviness (although there are some days I feel like relaxing and giving in). I feel so much better than I did before, and don't ever wish to regain the weight and get unhealthy again. I look foward to the day the pictures reflect manifestation of the actualized goals.  :) -- and when my health becomes at its best with fitness. I like to "detach" myself from my body and emotions a bit as if my persona and body are a child I love and care for, and therefore doing what I can to nurture and love her the best way I can. We women, especially, do that kind of caring and loving toward our children, our husbands, our loved ones and friends, and we need to do it for ourselves, too.  :D

Agatha

• Casablanca
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2007, 07:07:20 AM »

Hi LI,
l so totally agry with the 'detachment' from my body and my emotions about it. l use to meditate, and l know it help a lot. l also know that l should start again, cause l felt so good doing it 4 years ago.
l do not know why but the pictures are more 'cruel' than the mirror???!!!!!!! Very strange....l took one of my face without make up and very plaine, no smile ..also, that l kept hidden for my own benefit!

l practice also something calles 'bains derivatifs' Written by a france lady called France Guillain. Have you heard something about it. l have no idea if it was translanted in english.
It is about cooling down the temperature of the pelvis area with cold water to reactivate the 'facias'.

losing-it

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2007, 12:53:36 PM »

As far as I can tell by looking up that book on the internet, it is not yet available in English. The YOKOOL gel pad sounds like an interesting (and refreshing :P ) product concept.

http://www.pureinsideout.com/france-guillain.html

http://www.yokool.fr/catalog/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=eed0bc24472cbf6048a7a2e03e8a01f4

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2007, 11:19:39 PM »

?????
so you sit in cold water for 10 mins???

Agatha

• Casablanca
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2007, 12:50:04 AM »

No, it is more funnier that that!!
l put some fabric in cold water and rub very smoothly in between the leg, in the pelvis area....Well that sound weird, but my English is not good enough to explain this with the perfect words!!! Very frustrating. Your buttom should not be directly in the water. It is the combination of the friction and the coldwater that does the trick. When your weight is more than 70 kgs (154 lbs) the time required is 15 mn minimum. l do 15 mn every day since 6 months.....The result are suppose to show on the long run, minimum 1 year. And the result that you are doing it might not be the result you see first. You body concentrate on the more urgent, may be something not visible.
oh..And l forgot to mention that you have to keep worm. It is the diffence of temperature between the pelvis area and the rest that activate the elimination and the so called 'facias'.

Well, l tried but l am not sure l was very clear or even helpful..;-)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 04:18:45 AM by Agatha »

losing-it

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2007, 06:42:36 AM »

I've copied, translated (with the translation tool) and edited, as best I could, a French ekopedia.org article which includes the contributor's Antidote Bath (Les Bains Dérivatifs) technique with its guidelines. It is a detoxification and fat-shedding procedure using cold water or a freezer-gel pouch (can use the sports gel packs) and friction.

Les Bains Dérivatifs: The Antidote Bath[/url]

Technique [/size]

Principles to respect

*Cool the area of the pubis and the groin using cold water (but not freezing) for a length of time depending on the age and the weight (see below);
*Accompany the cooling procedure with a movement from the top the groin to the bottom, using a bath mit, [washcloth] or a soft bath sponge (standard natural sponge); (do not use the a shower or jetstream). Rub very delicately (the skin at these places is very thin and sensitive to irritations!).

*In order not to become chilled [or fatigued; italics, mine] during “the operation”:

-Do not bend or lean overly much to sponge up the cold water (you will be making this movement for at least 20 minutes and are likely to end up with a sore back!);

-Avoid plunging the hand or cloth into cold water, so that it does not overly cool the body.

-One often reads that the feet should not be in water. In fact I think that is especially important to indicate that the feet should not be in cold water. (Personally I put them in tepid water.)

-One should not leave an Antidote Bath exhausted. If this is the case, reduce the frequency and/or the duration of the bath.

-After the bath, warm and revive yourself to avoid becoming chilled.

-One can take an invigorating shower or lie down for a rest.

Practice the baths systematically (periodicly); i.e.,  not just once.

Method

With the above information, you can employ whichever method you like: with the hose at top of a bidet; seated on a chair or a stool with the top of a bucket or a basin; atop a bath tub; and I even read… atop a toilet seat while using a plastic bidet, which may be purchased from certain catalogues by mail, and which one can take along on holiday…) .

What brings me to share this method, from "my house to yours” started with my gleaning of information from here and there, and as the result of multiple experiments. The following method has the merit of being comfortable and practical (not spiilling water everywhere and one even has the option of reading a book while bathing, instead of shivering):

* Place a board across the bath-tub; sit down atop the board.

* Heat the room a little, as not to be cold.

* Put on a tee-shirt or sufficient clothing so as to be positively hot: no shivering must occur! [shivering is alleged to cancel out the beneficial results]

* Fill the bottom of the bath tub with some tepid water (it should not be cold on the legs and the feet).

* In this water, place an upturned bowl, and fill it with cold water.

* Using a bath glove (or washcloth, folded in two so that it might better hold water), over the next 15 minutes, fill and refill the bowl with cold water, and delicately massage the groin with the cloth.

* You might wish to change the water after about 7 1/2 minutes, to ensure the water is cold.

* Do this each morning before the shower.

* One can, for lack of time, use instead, one freezer gel pouch (such as Yokool:

http://www.yokool.fr/catalog/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=eed0bc24472cbf6048a7a2e03e8a01f4 ).

The pouch must be refrigerated or frozen beforehand; one wraps it two thicknesses of paper paper towel or a linen, and wears it as a pad [in the crotch of the underwear; italics, mine] for approximately one hour.

Using a freezer gel pouch makes it possible to go about one's occupations. It is, nevertheless, best to practice the bath using the traditional guidelines 2 - 3 times per week for the best results.

Duration of the Antidote Bath

Newborn: 20 seconds
Baby: 1 minute
12-36 month: 2 minutes
3-6 years: 3-4 minutes
7-12 years 5 minutes
Adult: 10 minutes if the weight is under 70 kg (154 lbs); 15 minutes if weight is over 70Kg (154 lbs).

-Learn how to determine when your body judges when it has had enough.

-Do not be overly strict with the guidelines.

-A 10 to 30 minute session is perfect. One can bathe this way for up to one hour.

-Important: One hour of an Antidote Bath may have the same fatiguing effect as a good cure (or diet); in order to prepare, first have a good rest, or, at the very least, have a relaxing hour or so before the bath!

-20 minutes of this bath are more effective than two 10 minute baths.

Frequency

Once or twice per day.

Do not have an Antidote Bath after meals (digestion would take too much energy from the stimulated area).

[Stimulation of Fascia; italics, mine]

The "active ingredient" (what makes this procedure successful) is explained in many articles found on the Internet. The Antidote Bath acts by the double means of friction [rubbing action; italics, mine] and cold [water compresses; italics, mine], to stimulate the various fascia. A fascia is a fibrous membrane which covers or wraps an anatomical structure. It is a dense connective tissue, very rich in collagen fibers. [see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascia ]

Fascia enclose each muscle and certain organs; there are also fascia between each, which are interconnective, like chain mesh. It is within these fascia that one can obtain a variety of effects on many diseases, since the entire body is connected together by this fiberous network to the brain, also surrounded by fascia.

This explains the possible improvements to the circulatory and muscular systems, and other results, more or less directly.

According to the various articles available for research, these fascia would have a very important role in retention and, therefore, the release of substances which hold toxins; for example, excess body fat [i.e, which stores hormones and absorbs toxins; italics, mine].

While stimultates these fascia, one (D) activates the natural elimination of these substances stored in small amounts everywhere; the outward manifestation of their release would be, in essence, akin to the unpleasant symptoms related to a previously experienced disease. These side-effects result from elimination of the internal remainders [i.e., toxins; italics, mine] of a disease which have been stored in the body [see Jarish-Herxheimer Reaction;  italics min ].

I did not read anything which refers to “odd” explanations or scientific theories. Qi [ki, life-force energy; italics, mine], while not being proven, is completely scientifiic and coherent.

Effects

There is not yet anything based on scientific research to be found in the proliferation of pages on the Internet, which are mainly testimonies from a number of people. One often discovers a list of diseases compiled by France Guillain, which could be treated by the Antidote Bath. This list was published following interest that [her book] caused. This list, which makes the bath appear to be a panacea, may come to the point of causing us to doubt the effectiveness of this method! (One is always wary of “miracle” remedies.) Not having had all the diseases indicated in this list (: -), I could not attest to the effects of the baths on each one of them! Consequently, I've copied the list for you, so that you can explore it and try your own experiments. If you attempt it, do not forget to tell us the results (we are not scientists!) of your experiment by updating the section the Antidote Bath testimonies [see the ekopedia.com webpage, linked above; italics, mine].

A
Acne, Tinnitus, Allergies to the sun and pollens, Angina, Anguish, Osteoarthritis and Arthritis, Asthma.
B
Bulimia (disordered state of the appetite), Bouts of fever.
C
Hot flashes (test the freezer gel pocket [Yokool]!), Cellulitis, Greying Hair, Baldness, Constipation, Neck (pains and stiffnesses), Cystitis.
D
Disordered state of the appetite, Teeth and gums (tooth ache), Dependences (alcohol, tobacco, coffee, “drugs”), Pain (S).
E
Eczema, various outgrowths, Cold or hot extremeties.
F, H, I, M, R
Fatigue, chronic
Urinary leakage (woman: when jumping, laughing…)
Hemorroids, Herpes
Eruptions
Incontinence, Unspecified infection, Insomnia
Memory, Headaches, Throat irritations (laryngitis)
Regulation of weight (weight loss)

The effects experienced are not always necessarily those desired, especially initially. Vis-a-vis the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augeas]Augean stables”“, the body responds with ITS priorities, not with those of your mind!

-Normally, observable effects should be experienced by the end of one week. If such is not the case, either you were not assiduous enough (E), or you should increase the duration and/or the frequency of the baths.

-For weight loss, it seems necessary to measure the waist measurements, thighs, etc, as well as the weight. According to what I read, very often the weight does not change initially, and in fact, “surface fat” disappears gradually.

Counter-indications [do not employ the Antidote Bath under these circumstances]:

*Exhaustion: the total absence of energy, the effect of feeling weakened is the most obvious obstacle.

*Recent surgical operation: It is necessary to wait for at least six months, or up to one year for young person or one whose body is overtaxed. The body needs calm and of rest for the bath to derive the intended benefits. Perhaps is it necessary, after trauma, to first give the fascia necessary time to reconstitute and restore their connections.

*Of course, a person has undergone many surgeries, or one who has a prostheses or pacemaker must be very careful with these baths.

*Pregnancy: If you are undergoing treatment for pregancy, in-vitro fertilzation or other medical procedures, refrain from Antidote Baths for the first quarter, and then take the bath without problem. If you are already pregnant, it should be no problem to follow the guidelines after the last day of the pregnancy [to be sure, consult with your physician; italics, mine ].

*Also see the following site which gives testimonies and further information:

http://fr.ekopedia.org/Bains_d%C3%A9rivatifs

Internal Links (see the ekopedia page for URL links to these three subjects)

Care of the body

External Links

Techniques and history

A very good page:  http://www.bainsderivatifs.fr

Bibliography

Les Bains Dérivatifs by France Guillain, ed. France Guillain - ISBN 2268041395
Guillain is a journalist and avid naturist; her book has had at least three publications: in 2000, 2001 and 2002. Guillain organizes conferences througout France and will consider requests.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:41:43 PM by losing-it »

Agatha

• Casablanca
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2007, 08:51:18 AM »

WHOW!!!!!!!!Iam very impressed. You have done a very good job!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »

Thank you Agatha - you explained very well indeed!!

and also Losing-it for all the info!!

luckily i have a bidet.  so i can have a read there whilst i gently bathe myself with cold water.  its still very warm weather here (t-shirts and sandals )  so i don't think my feet will get cold.  but later in the year i can wear socks etc to keep warm.

basically thats it isn't it?

Agatha

• Casablanca
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2007, 01:00:53 AM »

l have a bidet too, and that make thing a lot easier! And l read in the same time.
Just one more thing which is very important : No shivering at all, even the tiniest  would cancel the effect!
Have a good bath ;-)

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2007, 11:44:48 AM »

:D
the things we do to get slim!!!  how funny must we look with warm clothes on and cosy socks sitting on the bidet reading - i will wait till everyone is out or else they will all be knocking on the door asking me why i'm taking so long!! :lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18