Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery  (Read 88081 times)

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
Re: Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2007, 07:05:33 AM »

That image of the tread-mill is hilarious.  I think that I would be the type to have that happen to me in-front of a ton of health-club pros.
I would just get up and dust myself off and then crack up laughing at myself....and hope that someone was filming it so I could win $ 10,000
on Americas Funnies videos!

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

mac24312

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »

Hi all!
Here is another before and after for you. :}
Christina aka mac24312
Before in 2003 225lbsAfter 153lbs

Vronnie

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »

Absolutely fabulous mac24312 what a great effort for an equally great result...& so close to goal! WOW!!

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »

A more accurate quasi-before pic...was 205 (July 06)

This year 190 (July 07)

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

Vronnie

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2007, 04:27:33 PM »

fantastic bekelmore than a stone! Wow! I think it may well take me a year to lose the same amount but seeing you is inspiration to just stick with it!

I've been interested in these recumbent bikes for a while...are they hard to ride? I never had a bicycle as a child so nowadays I just don't have the confidence or that old knowledge re balance to just start bike riding. Recumbent bikes look so cool..

losing-it

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2007, 07:02:43 AM »

Now that is a bike all decked out for travel and comfort! Way to go, Diane. So glad you are still losing the weight and maintaining! YAY for you and SLD!

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2007, 07:52:51 AM »

fantastic bekelmore than a stone! Wow! I think it may well take me a year to lose the same amount but seeing you is inspiration to just stick with it!

I've been interested in these recumbent bikes for a while...are they hard to ride? I never had a bicycle as a child so nowadays I just don't have the confidence or that old knowledge re balance to just start bike riding. Recumbent bikes look so cool..
It took me more than a year to lose that--May 18, 2006 to last week in July 2007. But I did it!

If it's a balance issue, you want a recumbent trike. Greenspeed, Catrike, WizWheelz (TerraTrike), WindCheetah (UK trike) are all super trikes. It's like a gokart or Big Wheel for adults! Easier than noseclipping oil ;)
Here's a (long) e-mail from the owner of Greenspeed about Bike or Trike

>BIKE or TRIKE??

One of the most interesting questions I get asked is "Should I buy a trike or a bike?"  Many people coming to recumbents from riding
upright bikes automatically think about a recumbent BIKE, and find riding a trike "strange".  I started off building short wheel base
(SWB) recumbent bikes, but was not really happy with them, as they seemed to require a little more concentration to balance than an upright, and I worried about hitting something on the road and falling off.  Then a cycle shop owner showed me a road test of a UK recumbent TRIKE in a UK magazine. This looked me like a good idea, and having built 150mph road race side-cars, I was sure I could do a bit better.

When I got my 1st trike on the road, I found it was a delight to be able to just concentrate on pedalling and not have to worry about
keeping the thing upright!  At 1st I just rode on bike paths, but eventually found them too limiting, and ventured onto the roads.
Here I found an extra bonus!  Whereas before the cars had cut me fairly close as I wobbled along on the SWB, now that I could ride as straight as an arrow, they gave me much more room!  And the big trucks were the best, always waiting for a full, clear, lane before overtaking - at last I felt safe cycling on the roads!

However as bikes seemed more popular OS than trikes, I expected to sell more bikes than trikes, when I started selling Greenspeeds in 1991.  So I offered the SWB 1st to people who visited my shop to buy a recumbent.  I found that many people were most impressed with the SWB, but usually once they got a ride on the trike, they forgot about the SWB.  Thus we have ended up building and selling about TEN TIMES as many trikes as bikes, and now people coming here are often surprised to find there are two wheeled recumbents as well as three wheeled recumbents!

So why are the trikes so popular? What advantages do they have? For me it's mainly the stability. For some it's the FUN - like riding a
GO-KART with pedals - no need to bank the machine over like a bike - -just move the handle bars and you get an instant change of
direction!  No more worries about coming down riding over a dropped water bottle, or shoulder on the road - touch one wheel
against a kerb and it rides up effortlessly.  Want to go touring? No worries - load it up and it's still quite easy to ride.  Have a balance
problem and can't ride to two wheeler? - just get on a trike and ride straight off.  And those traffic lights - no need to unclip, attempt a track stand, or find something to lean against - your are as steady as a rock, comfortable, all clipped in, and ready to GO with both feet!  And when you get to the end of your trip, or just want a rest, no need to get off the machine - you have a stable chair for a rest or meal.

Like to STOP quickly?  Well with a Greenspeed trike you get TWO front brakes, and you will find you can stop as quick as a car.  Need MORE speed?  A trike allows you to use a fairing without worrying about being blown over in a wind.

OTOH, **all things being equal**, the bike will be faster due to lower weight and less aero drag, cost less, be easier to store and transport, and for some, give that extra feeling of freedom, as it banks for one side to another. 

Some people worry that a trike is so low you will be run over by the 1st truck which comes along.  As far as I am concerned, low is safe - it means I am LESS likely to go under a truck because the lower the trike, the less likely it is to turn over and dump me on the road, where I could get run over.  I believe I am also FAR safer than on a bike, where all you need is a patch of oil or sand/gravel to bring you down and under someone's wheels.  I feel MUCH safer on my trike in peak hour traffic than I do on a bike, where IMHO the height merely gives an illusion of safety.

Some say the trikes don't win races.  At last year's national HPV Challenge in Canberra, Greenspeed trikes came 1st and 2nd overall
(GS SWB 3rd) - you can go a bit faster when you are confident of not going down :-)

The only time I ride a SWB now is for demos and road testing - we've just built a new SWB prototype with a lower seat, and are still
searching for a design that's as easy to ride as a trike - an impossible dream??? >

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

Vronnie

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2007, 05:53:45 PM »

how expensive are they?

Monica

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 12:51:51 PM »

Holy moly!!!
I have just started SLD, and there is nothing as encouraging and touching as these photos. You are all so beautiful! I am just simply amazed and I hope that in due time I am able to join in before and after photos. Congratulations all of you! :P

Seth Roberts = my new favorite person!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »

wow you are all just fantastic!! and such an inspiration!!!
i will dig out some pix and post them..... :oops:

flickad

• Girlface
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2007, 07:57:45 AM »

Me at goal (104-105lbs approx):

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2007, 06:53:58 PM »

xmas 2004 at  98kg

August 2007 at 90kg

i'm a bit less now too. :-)

Flabba

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

Nougat,

You look fantastically smaller.  It must be that you have carved off the unwanted layers and preserved muscle.
I like the look of everyone that has been losing on the oil.  They look healthy and smaller, not deflated.  I think that
is probably because it also cuts out unhealthy high carb snacking and eating. 

Congratulations,
Flabba

anacara

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »

Hey nougat - you can really see the difference!

principessa

• PugliaVerde
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »

Wow, nougat -- BIG CHANGE -- and big congratulations!
Principessa di Puglia
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w37HRf7/]

[/url]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18