Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery  (Read 88078 times)

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
Re: Stickified: Photo Proof Gallery
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 03:45:16 AM »

I was at a friend's farm, about to pick figs, quinces, grapes and stuff.

Thank-you for clarifying that.  I was wondering if this was the latest European fashion trend about to hit Australia   :P

We picked figs and grapes with relatives in Europe about 11 years ago - and had absolutely one of the best times of our lives. Do you get to help your friend very often?  I'd work like a slave just for a few fresh, ripe figs!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 04:19:45 AM »

I was at a friend's farm, about to pick figs, quinces, grapes and stuff.

Thank-you for clarifying that.  I was wondering if this was the latest European fashion trend about to hit Australia   :P

LOL.. you crack me up Magpie.I do look like a clown, the top doesn't combine with anything, let alone the sneakers... I had been to the beach, I still had the bikini beneath. I just put on the shorts that I inherited from my husband... LOL I sometimes go to his drawer and take his clothes for me... and I slipped the big sneakers to not get hurt in my feet. But if you ask me, I'm very casual in vacations and weekends, I just dress properly for work!

We picked figs and grapes with relatives in Europe about 11 years ago - and had absolutely one of the best times of our lives. Do you get to help your friend very often?  I'd work like a slave just for a few fresh, ripe figs!

Yessss! Every August we spend two weeks there. Our friend always complains that seasonal workers are so difficult to find and so expensive that he doesn't get any profit, so he just picks for himself, and lets friends pick for themselves. We always fill several baskets and give him half. Fresh figs are very expensive to buy and relatively rare here in Lisbon, and picking fruit is a fun activity until the mosquitos come at dusk!.... And kids love it! Yeah, it's a good change to our urban life all year round!  :)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

losing-it

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2007, 11:36:27 AM »

I'm copying the URLs and info on these most recent before/after and progress picture posts from SLDrs to the Shangri-La Diet  historic Stickified Gallery. They are such an encouragement, and maybe more people will see them here than on the individual posts. Hope I've not missed any recent ones. Ladies, those whose photos and notes I copied here, if you don't want your photos to be here, let me know and I'll remove them from my post, here, or I think you can remove your images yourselves at any time from the imageshack galleries where you store them. If others having met their goals, or who want to show their progress so far haven't put their photos on the gallery - please do it for all of us. If you have photos, but need help, let me know and I'll be happy to post them. You can send me a private message if you'd like, by clicking on my avatar to go to my profile and the area therein where you can send a private message.

===

Flickad - Age 20-something, Australia
5'3"
WL Starting weight about 167 / SLD Starting weight about 147 lbs

Flickad: [copied from "I made it" posts, May 7, 2007] ("The first one was taken in about August 2005 and the second in either early 2005 or late 2004. As I said, the last two years have been photo-free as I was very self-conscious about gaining the weight back after I lost it in 2005. I was about 147lbs when I started, which was around 20lbs down from my high weight. My weight loss had stagnated somewhat when I came across the SLD, though. Anyway, my goal was always 115lbs, so the aim was to lose a little over 30lbs, which I now have done. *Grin*.)"

Flickad - Before SLD ("And this is me at about 154-158lbs, which was the approximate weight I was at before I started dieting last year"):

Flickad at approx. 120 lbs ("Okay, this is what I look like at about 120lbs. I'm 114-115 now."):

Flickad's most recent photo ("I just found a random club photo that was taken maybe a month ago, but again I've lost a little weight since then. I'm the third person from the left and no, I wasn't drunk (I don't drink)! Bad camera moment only!"):

===================

Terri, age 54 - USA
5'6"
(not weighing - judging by losing sizes - size 20 down to size 10 so far)

Terri's progress photos posted May 3, 2007 ("Here is a picture of me in October [2006] a week after starting SLD and then just last Sunday night. I think you can tell I have lost.") - [Terri is using ELOO for SLD with The Zone for nutritional balance]:

Terri's close-up ("I have six grandchildren and number 7 coming and I want to be healthy for my grandkids so I can dance at their weddings and all the fun things you want to do with little ones and bigger ones.  Following SLD along with the Zone is my program and I know it will help me be the best I can be.")

=====

shinju_chan - Age 24 American, USA living in Japan
5'5" 
[using SLD to shed last pounds] March 31, 2007:
WL Starting weight 190's / SLD starting weight 132 lbs

shinju_chan: ("Ok, small background about me, since this my second post ever on these boards.  Decided to lose that college flab (60 pounds of it...oh the parties....)  a year and a half ago, and finally after numerous beautiful episodes of people not recognizing me, being able to wear clothes from high school, etc, I had finally reached a BMI of 22 about a month and a half ago (132 pounds, 5'5") by eating less quantity and less processed food, exercising some and eating mainly before 6pm.   However, I still did not look very good at 22 (I have a very small frame and even at my current BMI of 21-20 can still easily grab a big roll on my stomach when I sit down, the REST looks great though now) and had a very very hard time staying focused until I found info about Shangri-La on the web.  Now after a month and half I am down to 125 pounds (-7 pounds, it still shocks me that I lost it that fast considering how little I have to lose at this point) and feel fantastic.):

shinju_chan ("For some before and after pics, here's what my face looked like at 140 (of course very different from my 180, but those pictures have been forgotten...."):

shinju_chan ("and here's what it looks like now at 125"):

shinju_chan  ("Ok, I know this thread isn't the most recent anymore, but I wanted to add to it because I finally found what appears to be the 180 pounds picture.  This would have been taken probably around October of 2005 (1.5 years ago)...I guess we can call this my official "Before".  Yes, I know I look considerably different.  Because it was so recent, looking at it gives me alot of mixed emotions, but like every other hurdle I've gotten over, I'm glad to be so far right now.  Still in the middle of a plateau several weeks long, don't care too much, but it still makes me a little impatient sometimes; the important things for me is that I feel healthier than ever."):

shinju_chan  ("taken summer of 2006, probably 160 in this photo(?) I'm not sure.")

==============

anarca = 42 years old, Greece
165cm (5'5")
Start weight: 70.7kg (155.54lbs in US speak)

(from Milestones posting: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=4239.0 )

[posted April 6 - anarca is on the right in the floral dress]  Milestone# 2
When I started SLD I was at a previous workplace where I had a lovely colleague called Mary, who had recently lost 10kg.  Before I stumbled upon "The Book", I had despaired of losing my extra kilos, and Mary had shared her weightloss secret with me.  Boy was I disappointed!  The "secret" involved getting your heart rate up for 15-30 minutes every day, by running around an oval x number of times.  Well, even as an active child (tennis, ballet and the usual kid's games), I could run fast, but never far - a 200 metre sprint could almost cause my demise, so her secret sounded simply like torture to me.  Then, one lunchtime, I found "The Book".  As soon as I got back to work, I googled SLD, and (as I can never keep anything to myself!), told Mary all about it.  The next day, I started with a hefty dose of ELOO, and about 1 1/2 hours later went for a pub lunch with Mary.  As I'm sure I've posted elsewhere, about halfway through my pepper steak, the miracle started, and I was simply unable to eat another bite (Mary told me months later that she didn't believe me and thought I was putting it on!).

Anyway, the kilos started melting off.  Mary at that stage had started to regain weight, after reaching a low of 62kg, but stayed loyal to her method, and was reluctant to try SLD as she simply could not believe it, even while acknowledging my weight loss.  A few weeks into it, I proposed a race - to 61kg (Mary and I are about the same height).  At that stage, I was about 67kg (from an initial weight of 71kg), and Mary had gone up to 64kg.  The loser was to take the winner to dinner at the restaurant of her choice. 

Well, needless to say, SLD won hands down, and in early February, Mary treated me to a delicious meal at a beachside restaurant - I had hit 61kg for the first time... and Mary had gone up to 66kg. " ):

=====

pinkmug, age 49 - Portugal
5/4"  1.64 m

Current photo, May 2007 - pinkmug - ("At 60.5 kg..."):

pinkmug, before SLD - ("I'm feeling brave today! A pic taken last August, and that must be my all-time high (63.5 kg, around 140 lbs I think) Grrr...   I hate it!!!!!"):

Goal Weight Photo - pinkmug ("My before pic is from August 2003, I was at 55 or 56 kg by then. That's my goal now.
It was since then that I slowly got to 63.5 kg. Next i'll be looking for a current picture so that you see the difference...):

=====

losing-it, USA (age 56)
5'6"
WL starting weight 204 - October 9, 2007 / SLD starting weight 192 - December 2, 2007

(losing-it - April 26, 2007 - "At 170 lbs now (down from 204 lbs or more last year) 5'6 1/4", size 12"):

Current, April 26, 2007:

Current close-up, March 11, 2007:

Top photo - Before SLD, but after 7 lb loss - November 27, 2006, 197 lbs, Bottom photo - February 27, 2007, after 2 months on SLD at 177 lbs:

Before SLD - (losing-it: "Here is one from 8-1999, age 49 y, ballooned out at somewhere over 210 lbs, size 20"):

Goal Weight, around 135 - photo is age 22/23, 125 lbs:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:16:16 AM by losing-it »

ZM

• Pete on the C2 wiki
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

Perhaps I shouldn't say this in a place my wife will one day spot, but - Damn! You girls are gorgeous! I mean howl at the moon, polish the Hyundai, extra baking soda in the spongecake kind of wow!

Okay, we now return you to your previously scheduled blog, "goodness, I lost several more ounces today".
Fat ---- Me -------- Thin                    (Going back on ELOO)

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 02:42:44 PM »

Your wife is a lucky woman Peter. You are a true gem !!

falconcy

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2007, 03:05:53 PM »

I'll second that Peter. You kinda have a way with words. I think in another dimension, you'd be a poet and I'd be a chef.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 02:14:55 AM »

losing-it, what a great job, and all the time you must have spent there organizing this photo gallery, thank you from my side!... But I'm sorry to say you robbed me of 2 inches in my height, :x :evil:  :lol: as I'm 1.64 m which means 5'4 I think... you made me shorter than I already am (believe it or not I used to be 1.65 but now much as I stretch I don't get more than 1.64, must be old age coming...) Anyway, great job and great dedication, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

ZM

• Pete on the C2 wiki
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 04:27:28 AM »

I'll second that Peter. You kinda have a way with words. I think in another dimension, you'd be a poet and I'd be a chef.

Like kindly ol' doc Franknfurter said, Falconcy:

Don't Dream It. Be It.

And God bless Lili St. Cyr ...
Fat ---- Me -------- Thin                    (Going back on ELOO)

vrimj

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2007, 05:25:56 PM »

falconcy

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »

Try this:

losing-it

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2007, 07:20:20 PM »

WOWS vrimj - what a difference! The svelt abdomen and waistline. The slender arms. So shapely, now. You've gotta feel great. Makes me can't wait til my tummy is flat and firm again. 135, I'm gonna get there... :)

CONGRATULATIONS vrimj!!!!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2007, 02:38:31 AM »

hey, you have a fabulous stomach area!! Congrats! Oh I want one too!  :D

Vronnie

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2007, 03:08:30 AM »

ditto!

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2007, 02:38:19 PM »

Okay, we now return you to your previously scheduled blog, "goodness, I lost several more ounces today".

You are a very funny man, Peter, Thanks for the laugh!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Vronnie

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »

hey that chick looks like me!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18