Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
tek_vixen's progress: in it for the long haul

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: tek_vixen's progress: in it for the long haul  (Read 88617 times)

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
Re: tek_vixen's progress: in it for the long haul
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 11:33:34 AM »

Marianna,

Yes, the 1000 calories does include my oil.  I focus on getting good nutrition with the remainder.  No junk.  Lots of fresh food.  It's probably not the ideal situation long term, but I figure for the short term I probably won't kill myself.

T-Vix

tek_vixen

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 08:53:08 AM »

Updated original post.  Pattern is still holding, much to my amazement.

T-Vix

sammie

• Age 38, F, 5'10" started 9/23/06
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 07:21:54 AM »

Marianna,

Yes, the 1000 calories does include my oil.  I focus on getting good nutrition with the remainder.  No junk.  Lots of fresh food.  It's probably not the ideal situation long term, but I figure for the short term I probably won't kill myself.

T-Vix

Plus, good nutrition happens over time, not in just a day, I'm sure over the course of week you're covering your bases.  I'll bet some us are getting more balanced nutrition in our 1000 cals of fresh foods than the avg person is getting from 3000 cals of processed junk.  When the most highly consumed vegetable in the US is the potato via french fries... 

T-Vix, you're doing GREAT!!!!!

tek_vixen

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 03:22:47 PM »

Updated original post - pattern finally broke!

T-Vix

tek_vixen

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 07:39:12 AM »

Updated first post.  Behold the power of adrenaline!

T-Vix

tek_vixen

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 10:37:41 AM »

Updated first post.  Lots of great things going on right now.

T-Vix

David

• David's Shangri-La Diet Saga
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 02:11:26 AM »

This is great news Tek_Vixen!  It's amazing to see so many people doing well on the diet.

These forums are incredibly positive as well.  It's all good!

tek_vixen

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »

My first post is getting very unwieldy, so I'm just going to tack the updates onto new posts.  I'm at 13 weeks (as of yesterday), and I'm down another pound.  I won't complain, given that it was Christmas week.  With New Year's Eve, I expect next week to be another slow week.  I'm ok with it.  I've only got about eleven and a half more pounds to go, so I'd be really happy with a pound a week at this point.  I keep asking myself what I'm in such a hurry for, and I can't answer that question.  I guess it's just what I'm used to doing when I diet.

My overeating was pretty much contained to Christmas Day this week.  I started out with my normal routine, and about half way through the day I asked myself what I thought I'd gain by being so good on this day.  So I just said "screw it!" and let loose.  I ate about 2900 calories (which is about 3 days of normal intake for me).  Most of it was pure crap.  I felt overfull all day.  But I did demonstrate that one day won't kill this diet.  The next day I didn't have any desire to eat until 6:30 PM.  And I've had no trouble keeping the eating under control since, despite the Death by Chocolate sitting in the refrigerator.   :shock:  The weight blipped up the day after Christmas, and has been floating downward since.  It's all gone now, just in time for New Year's Eve.  :lol:

Oh yeah, I'm at three months now.  Can somebody please move me?  Thanks!

T-Vix

tek_vixen

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 07:43:44 AM »

I stayed even this week for the first time since starting the diet.  No complaints, since I've had such great progress.  I was down another pound prior to New Year's Eve, but I found two pounds that night and have only gotten rid of one of them so far.  They are coming off much more slowly than the ones I found on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I think it's because there were many many more alcohol calories involved on NYE.  Oh well, I haven't been eating more, so something will eventually make that other pound budge.

I'm beginning to wonder if my Zone bar for breakfast has become a serious ditto food.  So I bought some Designer Whey yesterday, and plan to have some oatmeal with the DW for extra protein for breakfast instead.  I was also planning on some ground flaxseed meal, but I just realized that I left it sitting at home.  Oh well, next week for the flax.  I'm hoping to disappear in a while and find a place where I can noseclip my breakfast.  My AS has been shaky all week, so I think I need to give it a boost.

I've been feeling really low all week.  I can't really explain it except maybe it's post-holiday blues.  I've been taking some flax oil capsules and yesterday added some fish oil.  I am starting to feel better, so I think I'll keep it up.

Good luck to everyone, and may we all end 2007 lighter than we started it.

T-Vix

David

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 02:54:34 AM »

Hi T-Vix,

If you've had a bit of alcohol over new year then you are definitely experiencing water retention.  From my own experience, it takes about a week to come off.  I do a lot of drinking on my travels and work and experience this a lot. 

Re: Feeling down.  You'll feel better when you get back into a routine.  Wait and see!  :)

tek_vixen

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 08:57:40 AM »

I think you're right David.  That last pound was blasted away this morning, so I've re-lost that pound I lost last week.  So I seem to be back on track.  I doubt I will be trying the alcohol experiment again soon.  That was pretty depressing.

T-Vix

Terri

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »

T-Vix, I think you are right about the post holiday blues plus it is winter and more clouds than sunshine maybe?  The sun peaked out here yesterday for a little while and I so wanted to just stand out there in it but I had to work so it didn't get to happen. And then it was snowing this morning first thing so another winter day. I love the seasons but I do think winter does cause some of us to be a little blue. You are doing so well with SLD.  And as I recall, you don't have much more to lose. That is wonderful! I hope I get to the point where you are at soon!
terri

David

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »

In Scotland, we had rain every day for two whole months.  Not one ray of sunshine in November and December.  Now that is depressing!  :lol:

Well done on losing your extra pound.  Now for the final push of the last 10lbs!

tek_vixen

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 08:09:20 AM »

Yes, I live in the Pacific Northwest, so it is pretty gray and dreary.  It could be affecting me without me realizing it.

I had a rather spectacular crash and burn on Saturday night.  The day had been going very well when suddenly I got very very hungry.  It wasn't quite time for dinner, so I grabbed some tomatoes and sunflower seeds.  And then it was like aliens took over my body and made me watch while they fed me junk food.  It didn't even taste good, nor was I able to stop when I was full!  I gorged on red hots, triscuits, and stale potato chips for criminy sake!  I have no idea why suddenly that would happen after having no difficulty for more than three months.  But I guess it showed that I have to be vigilant, and I can't let myself get too hungry.  I should have stopped what I was doing and fixed dinner.  I also wonder if I haven't been a little too good for all this time.  I may need to be conscious of giving myself more leeway for treats so that my inner brat doesn't take control again.

All told, I think the damage was contained to 1800-2000 calories for the day, so I only suffered a .4 pound gain.  But I also think I would have lost weight if I hadn't strayed.  I often get extra hungry in the evening before a whoosh.  Drat!  I wasted a whoosh!

I spent yesterday in "recovery".  It was a weird day schedule wise, so I had to alter my oil schedule.  My 15 yo DS had a soccer game 3 1/2 hours away from our home.  I did my OP first thing, so I couldn't take my oil as usual.  So I ended up finding a sports bottle to bring it with me.  I had heard that mixing it with water would make it flavorless.  NOT!  So that dose of oil was likely not as effective as most.  But the good news was after my binge, I wasn't hungry at all until 3:00 the next afternoon.  Nor was I very hungry last night.  So I was able to keep the day's calories to 765.  Despite the stress of riding in the passenger seat while my son drove through pouring rain at 70 mph, I was back in control of my eating.  On a side note, I would love to choke the idiot whose brilliant idea it was to set up the State Cup soccer tournaments in January!  Nobody should be playing outdoor soccer in January, and I have two kids doing it!  Standing outside in 40 degree windy rainy weather freezing my bits and pieces off is not my idea of fun!

Well, maybe this week will be better. 

T-Vix

ani

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 10:23:15 PM »

T-Vix, I'm giggling horribly at the idea of those aliens making you watch while they fed you red hots, triscuits, and stale potato chips.

What's so reassuring is that the next day you weren't hungry at all. Solid evidence that the occasional bizarre episode won't derail the plan -- even under miserable conditions such as wet windy soccer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18