Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I couldn't wait any longer.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I couldn't wait any longer.  (Read 10029 times)

Denise

I couldn't wait any longer.
« on: May 13, 2006, 06:57:39 PM »

I said I was not going to show this to anyone until the loss was noticeable, but the effect is so strong I told my parents (67 and 70).  Why make them wait?  They had seen what low carb had done for me, obese since childhood when nothing else had ever worked, and adopted it too, but although it reduced my set-point by 30 pounds, seeimingly permanently since it's been about 5 years since I was strict with it, it just petered out.  I'm still not as large as I was, nor are either of them (my mom wasn't very large to start with at all), but we've all regained some from our lowest low-carb and find it almost impossible to keep going.  Sometimes I just want the darned BUN!

My dad's a physicist, smart guy, so I just gave him the book and told him someone solved obesity.  He seems to think it makes a ton of sense and will try it tomorrow.  We had the exact same ideas about why what we had tried in the past didn't work due to Seth's theories.  He's a ditto guy, as guys tend to be.  He must have his oatmeal in the exact same container with the exact same ingredients at the exact same time in the morning, and so on.

If it works they'll buy their own books, like I did.  I started Monday and by Tuesday night bought the book, even though I had read everything and knew how to do it and didn't really have to.  Sort of a donation to Seth for this breakthrough. :)  If you share your book, I'd recommend you suggest that.

I still won't tell another soul until it's noticeable, because I just want to see the looks on their faces AFTER instead of BEFORE.   :P

tekayla

Re: I couldn't wait any longer.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 07:04:25 PM »

Hi Denise

I know what you mean it is amazing isn't it!!  Makes you want to tell everyone and save them from all the craziness.
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe

Denise

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 07:15:23 PM »

Heh, my mom just called to ask where Canola oil comes from, she's never heard of a Canola plant and doesn't want to try it if it's synthetic.  Thanks UK people for the rapeseed info.  I guess they won't call it rapeseed oil in the US because of the bad word association?

jc

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 06:56:35 AM »

Hi Denise,

I have only told a few of my friends as well. Once the effects of this method become visible, I look forward to seeing how the people react that always told me "to just be more disciplined". Let them wonder where my newfound "discipline" comes from. Perhaps Yoga??? ;-)

Now that all my cravings are gone I can no longer understand that I used to think I had no real willpower when faced with certain food. But if you feel itchy somehwere, you scratch yourself. Not a question of willpower. I am very relieved to see it is the same with food cravings.

I think "Shangri-La diet" is a very appropriate description for giving me peace with food.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18